5

Diary of the loved one

-Hana POV-

I laid on my side as I stayed still in the bed. His diary laid with me as I stared at it. It called for me to open it and finally discover what has been written in it but I still reluctant.

I was afraid to know what could be written inside.

I was afraid to discover that could break me down the walls that I've already built.

I couldn't stand it anymore so I dragged myself out of bed and got ready to go out.

-28 minutes later-

It was late afternoon by now. I blasted music into my ears as I walked down a busy street. Stores were busy with business as tourists or natives walked around.

As I walked through the street, I noticed an elderly lady gesturing me to come over. She looked harmless and was smiling at me warmly so I decided to go over.

I stood in front of her. She was sitting against a tree with a big blanket underneath. In front of her were several accesories. She gestured me to bend down to become eye level with her. A bit uneasy, I obeyed.

She smiled at me, her dry skin wrinkling a bit. She gave off a warm aura, so I relaxed a bit.

"What is your name, dear?" She asked.

"Umm...Hana." I answered cautiously.

"Ahh what a beautiful name," She commented before she noticed my cautiousness. "Don't worry dear I won't hurt you. Even if I did he probably would stop me."

I looked at her confused. "he?"

She chuckled a bit before smiling again. Her eyes shone with kindness.

"Give me your hands."

I looked at her confused but slowly put my hands out toward her. She reached behind herself and pulled something out. She placed it on my hands.

It was an average jar but bottled up inside was a beautiful blue butterfly. It was calm and just stood still. I held it closer to my face. It felt like it was staring at me too.

"Precious isn't it?" I nodded as I continued staring at the butterfly.

"I found it by my windowsill one day. One of it's wing was slightly hurt and so I took it into my care. It's been 2 months now I think. I named it Friend. It's been my only friend through these 2 months. I've always been lonely but since Friend came into my life, I've been living life happily." She gestured for me to give it back to her so I did. She grazed her finger against the jar's glass and smiled at Friend. The butterfly inched closer to her.

"I never had a friend. My family all died when I was young. No one wanted to play with me. Even to this day, no one wants anything to do with me. I've lived 86 years like that. It was really amazing having someone to be by me for the past 2 months. I didn't feel lonely. I finally realized how it felt to have someone."

I watched as she brought the jar closer to her face. She gently kissed the jar as if she was kissing the butterfly. I could see her eyes beginning to get watery. "My first friend." She whispered as she gripped the top and twisted it open. The butterfly slowly flew out of the jar and circled around her before flying away.

"Why did you do that?" I asked. Wasn't that her friend? Didn't she want to stay with it?

She watched as the butterfly flew farther and farther away.

"It was very dear to me. It still is and will be forever."

I stared at her confused. She finally turned back to look me in the eye.

"Because the most dear things in your life may be the most painful things to release but it may be the most necessary step," she replied calmly. "It will always be hard to realize that it's gone but the hardest and most important step is accepting it and living on."

Her words hit me hard as she grabbed for my hand with one hand and put another on my cheek. I felt myself slowly breaking as I desparately tried to patch myself back.

"I know accepting someone that was so dear to you is hard but you must not forget that this one thing. No matter what, they are always still by your side. You just can't always see them but they are there. Watching over you. Hoping to see you smile or laugh once again. Wanting to stop the tears that fall from your precious eyes. Don't forget that."

She wiped the tears that had fallen from my eyes and hugged me. I quietly cried into her embrace.

Her words.

Every single one of them.

Were so true.

After crying for about 5 minutes in her embrace, I pulled back and wiped my face. I thanked her and got up to leave. She nodded and smiled as she watched me walk away.

I can't avoid it anymore. She was right. I need to accept no matter how hard I don't want to acknowledge it. I can't hide it anymore.

-No One POV-

The grandma watched as Hana walked farther and farther away. Her figure becoming smaller and smaller. She kept smiling.

"She seems like a very sweet girl. Nice choice." She whispered as she turned her attention to the streets.

"No need to thank me dear. Just promise me to that you'll tell my parents that I still love them even though they left me too early." She said as a tear fell from her eye.

Her head turned the same direction that Hana had walked.

Watching the figure walk farther away too.

The figure that was invisible to rest but not her.

---------------------------

hope no one is confused! The next update should be the last...

ignore mistakes.

Comment and subscribe please :)