2

Diary of the loved one

-Hana POV-

I paid the cab driver before thanking him and getting off. Taking my luggage, I walked into the hotel.

It's been 1 month since the funeral.

It's been 1 month since I last opened his diary.

After reading those 5 words, I haven't been able to continue on. For a month, I've been cowardly distracting myself from it. Doing the most stupidest things to give myself an excuse to not open it. But of course I wasn't the only one who knew that.

-flashback-

-knock knock-

"COMING!" I yelled as I ran out of the kitchen and towards the door. I opened the door to see my best friend, Yoohee. She immediately threw herself at me and hugged me tightly. I happily hugged her back.

"OMG! When did you get back?" I asked as we separated.

"About 2 hours ago. MMMMM~ I smell something good." She exclaimed as she ran towards the kitchen.  I giggled at her. She's been on a business trip for about 2 weeks. I was surprised to see her since I thought she was coming back next month.

"I'm guessing you'll be staying for dinner." She happily nodded her head as she took a seat on one of the stools by the kitchen counter. I let out a happy sigh and went back to cooking.

-45 minutes later-

We sat down at the dining table after I finished cooking. Yoohee happily dug into the food. I watched content as she ate like a little kid. I was getting tired of eating alone.

"You went right?" She suddenly asked. I choked a bit on the piece of meat I was eating. After calming down, I slowly nodded.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to go with you." I shook my head. "It's fine. I'm a big girl now!" I said trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"Oh ummm I'm gonna get more juice." I said softly before getting up to go get some. I barely even walked much before she hit the spot.

"Have you read it?" I stopped in my tracks. I was confused. How did she know about the diary?

I turned to face her. "How d-"

"Yongnam told me." I stared at her in silence. "He knew you probably didn't read it. I'm sure you didn't either." She stared at me. I looked at the ground, not able to look her.

"Yoohee I don't want to ta-"

"What are you afraid of Hana?" I continued to look at the ground as I gripped the hem of my shirt.

"Please I don't want to talk about it." I softly said.

"Hana running away won't get you anywhere. You have to face it." I could feel myself shrinking into the darkness. "Remember when you cried in my arms on the say you guys broke up. You wanted to know why he broke up with you. You wanted to know the reason so badly. You wanted to know why he suddenly disappeared from our lives. Now you can so why are you pushing it away."

I had fallen onto the floor and was crying heavily. I wanted to so badly find out why he suddenly separated from my life. I wanted to. But at the same time I was afraid. I have slowly built myself back up after 3 long years. I wasn't sure if I was strong enough. I was afraid my walls would come falling down again.

Yoohee crouched down to me and hugged me closely. "Hana I know you're afraid but you have to risk it."

-back-

She was right, which is why I bought a plane ticket and flew myself over to Tuscany, Italy.

He always wanted to come here. I don't know why but I feel like he would want me to open it here.

-----------------------------------

SOWWIE!!!! for such slow update SOWWIE!! It's going slow....SOWWIE!! I don't expect this to be a very long story either..... oh well SOWWIE!!

hope it was ok....

ignore mistakes please.

Comment and subscribe please :)