Coffee? (Julie)

Reason why I SMILE…

         We finally arrived in front of a coffee shop. Suddenly I felt Mel's arms linked mine. "Babe! Coffee!" Everything seems exciting for my best friend. She almost dragged me inside the shop, Tita Cherry was just looking at us and smiling. When we were inside, I felt warm and comfortable. Just the smell of coffee is enough for me. "So what will you have Julie?" Tita Cherry asked, while she was checking her things. She told me she forgot her clutch bag inside the car. "I'll get it tita. Since Mel isn't here. She's enjoying *masyado!" I volunteered myself to fetch tita's bag, because I can't help hearing lot of Korean people talking.

          I actually wanted to escape, and get the first flight back to Philippines since I have Tita's keys. *bad thoughts* But I remember how Angel told me not to be childish. Is it really me being childish? Or Korea itself is trying to make my life miserable?

          The sun is shining but its warmth doesn't reach me. Maybe if I just try to stay, it will reach me eventually. I suddenly realized that Korea is just as same... Thoughts! Making me think stupid things! I quickly went to Tita's car and get her clutch bag. When I was walking back at the coffee shop, I saw a guy talking on his phone, he has this strange smile. Cheesy smile to be more accurate. I sighed and held the handle of the door, when another hand suddenly grabbed my hand. I looked at the owner of the hand, the cheesy guy. I was staring at him, he wasn't smiling anymore. "If you could just remove your hand. Hello?" He was just looking at me like I'm some kinda peculiar human being. I smiled sarcastically and said, "Remove. Your. Hand." I hope he understands English. He blinked couple of times and finally removed his hands from mine. Strange guy.

          I was inside when I noticed Tita and Mel weren't on the spot I remebered them to be. Panic slowly arising. I looked around and saw Cheesy strange guy looking at my direction. Panic continuously rising *gulp*.  I asked the waitress if she can speak English and lucky heavens she could. She told me that they are on the second floor, maybe looking around some stuffs there. *sigh* I decided not to move from where I am. I just sit comfortably on a couch near the window. 

          "Coffee?" Someone asked me. And guess what! I supposed my luck just went elsewhere. Mr. Cheesy Strange was the one talking. I looked at him strangely, he smiled almost like what I saw a while ago outside.

          "Can you speak English? Sorry but - "

          "It's okay. I just feel sorry for being rude a while ago. So, how about a cup of coffee? Do you drink coffee?" Straight English. Nice. I just nodded and he placed the tray in front of me. I thought he will just disappear after that. I was completely wrong. He sat down on the couch in front of me and began placing two cups of coffee.

          We just sat there in complete silence. Not until I heard Tita and Mel's voice somewhere. "Thank you for the coffee but I think I need to go." I said while getting ready to get up. "Jin." I looked at Mr. Cheesy Strange in confusion. "I mean my name's Jin. And you are?" OMG. Should I answer that? "Uhmm.. I.." I stutter, "...Julie..." I almost run away from Mr. Cheesy Strange. "Nice to meet you Julie." OMG DOUBLE! When I saw Mel and Tita I almost hugged them and tried to drag them out. "Hey babe! Wait wait wait!" Mel is protesting but when we were out, I told them that we need to get out of that place as quickly as possible. Tita Cherry laughed. "**Iha... My house is just near, so no need to rush." "BUT TITA! We need to be away from this coffee  shop. It's possessed!!" Both Mel and Tita laughed. I explained what happened inside the car and when I was done, I heard Mel's ***kilig giggle. "OMG Julie. You will have a 'Korean' boyfriend." "Shut up Mel. He doesn't look like Korean, most probably a Japanese or Chinese." "Stop both of you, and by the way we're here."

          Tita Cherry's house is as cute as she is. "You will share room for a week so please I don't want any killings by the end of the week. Ok?" I nodded. "Hey Julie what if he is the one?" Mel teased me while we were unpacking and cleaning our room. I ignored her and just continued taking out stuffs from my suitcase. I don't want Mr. Chees - I mean - Jin to be part of my week stay in this piece of holy crap! He'll make my stay a complete form nightmare!

          After I finished unpacking, I also went to have a warm bath and told Mel and Tita that I will rest. I need to relax my mind from all the things bothering me. My past... Land of Korea... Jin... OMG! Did I just think about Mr. Cheesy Strange? OMG QUADRUPLE!! 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*Masyado - too much

**Iha - little girl / little lady

***Kilig - feeling in love / happy

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

FINALLY! ^_^