Coffee? (Jin)

Reason why I SMILE…

           As I went inside the coffee shop, I saw the foreign girl again but this time she's not frowning. She's rather flustrered. I wanted to help her but she's too unapproachable. Oh well. Maybe I should practice all those English phrases. 

           "2 cups of hot cafe latte, please." I said as I approach the counter. The waitress was looking at me with an amazed expression for I used English while ordering. I winked in return. Okay, confidence level arising.

            I saw the girl comfortably sitting on the couch near the window. The sun was shining on her. Oh 하나님* she looks like an angel. My thoughts are weird. Judging from her clothes, she wasn't from Korea for sure but she dress the part. Maybe a KPOP enthusiast. Anyhows, I approached her and asked if she drinks coffee.

           "Can you speak English? Sorry but - " She sure knows how to respond coldly. Good thing I got loads of English with me this day. Lucky you pretty girl. Hah!

           "It's okay. I just feel sorry for being rude a while ago. So, how about a cup of coffee? Do you drink coffee?" That shuts her up. I mean, she thought I'm a typical no-English Korean guy. She looked surprised and just nodded in response. I placed the coffee in front of her and sat down on the chair in front of her.

            On the second thought, it wasn't a good idea sitting with this girl. I mean, I don't even know how to start a conversation with her. She has this skill that tells people not to talk to her. 아까워** she looks kinda nice and pretty. She suddenly stood up maybe had enough of the silence between us. She was saying something about the coffee and I think she will go. "Jin" I said. I don't even know why I blurted out my name. "I mean my name's Jin. And you are?" I don't even plan to introduce myself to her and I wasn't even curious about her name. But something inside me tells me to do so. I think I need to see the doctor. She was almost going out the coffee shop, when I heard "Julie.." Even her name is beautiful. "Nice to meet you Julie." And I saw her hug her friends and go out the shop hurriedly. I smiled. WHAT? I SMILED? NOW I HAVE TO SCHEDULE A CHECK UP!"

          I heard the kids' voices coming from the back. I quickly changed my expression and just calmed my self.

          "Woah hyung. Just two coffee? Did you meet someone while we are away?" Changjae asked. "I met a foreigner, and ---" "You tried to hit on her? Wow hyung! You're fast!" Tey interrupted me. I just hit his head and smiled. "Yeah. I think she thinks that way." I said. The children just laughed when I told them the whole story. "I don't know hyung, but I think you fell for her. Is she that pretty? I mean, you said she's not Korean." Ryu asked me. I don't know why but his question sounded like I am crazy or something. "얘들아,얘들아***. I just showed some foreign visitors how 'friendly' Koreans are. Don't put other meanings to what I did. Others might do it, too. Not just me. And yeah Ryu, she's not that pretty." God knows I hate lying. I'm sorry. But to make these children stop putting malicious meaning to what I did, I resorted to lying. I guess I have to visit our doctor and have an eye check-up.

          RRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG~ Suddenly my phone rang and saw the name of my caller. "Hello?" the puppies saw me answer my phone and all of them are eavesdropping. "MOM!" I just need to emphasize that I was JUST talking to my mother. After they heard who I was talking to, they all just sit comfortably on their seats. "Okay, I will pick you up at the train station. You can stay at our dorm since there is one room vacant, so no worries abut your lodging. See you tomorrow Mom." "So, I guess you decided to spend this week with your mom." Changjae said. "Just for two days. I want to spend the other days with you guys." I smiled and all of them felt disgusted. "AH! Hyung! Please stop being too cheesy!" Ryu snorted at me. Did I sound too cheesy? I just looked at them and maybe I might sound cheesy this time. I really have to schedule an appointment with our company's doctor. 

         

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

*하나님 - God

**아까워 - Such a waste / That's too bad

***얘들아 - Children

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

♥ Reader-nim(s)? Are you still there? T^T ♥ 

♥ Please stay a little longer. This story is almost forgotten but I managed to recover it. 

♥ I hope everyone will still believe in me (as a writer) and in this story (will try to update as weekly as I can) 

If you have some suggestions on how you would like to see the story, please do comment. It  would really help. Thanks once agin! I love you guys~ ♥ chu~ ♥