ONE WEEK (Jin)

Reason why I SMILE…

 

          I woke up and felt an arm around my waist, not minding to remove it, I nudged and got the reaction I needed. “Mmhm? Hyung, is it morning already?” Ryu asked, not even noticing what I just did.

 

          I got up and saw a messy room in front of me. I frowned, looked around and saw four goofy looking sleeping children. *Sigh* These guys can’t do anything without me around. Maybe enlisting isn’t bad after all. These four need to do things their own from now. Just then, I heard a knock. Slowly, careful not to step on anything (or anyone), I walked and opened the door. Surprise! It’s our damn CEO.

 

          “Hyunjin. This.” He handed me an envelope, not even looking at the contents, displeased I looked at him. I don’t want him giving me this kind of thing. I don’t want to get paid for doing something he wants me to do.

 

          “I’m just doing my job as a brother. I’m not paying you or anything.  I want to give you this for your one week rest. Use this, go out and have fun.” His voice sounds sincere, for all the years I’ve known him as a brother, this is one of those times he’s being honest. But, should I believe this? I looked at him and saw he REALLY is being honest.

 

          “Hyung... Can I ask something then? Are you dating Dia?” For a morning question, yes it is inappropriate. But I have to use his honesty in some ways, and the first thing I remembered was our conversation last night. He smiled, not giving away anything. He moved forward, and put a hand over my shoulder.

          “Dia... She is a special girl. She makes me smile. She –”

          “Okay I get it. I understand.” annoyed, I removed his hand on my shoulder. “Too cheesy, hyung! and it’s early in the morning. Also... I hate cheese.” He laughed and I was surprised.  Actually, it’s the first time I heard my brother laughed. A real laughed.

          “Ah Jin. You’ll not understand. Wait until someone made you smile.”

          “I found my smile way back hyung.”

          “I’m not talking about your cute little puppies. I mean your group mates.” He added when he saw my deathly glares. “Jin, wait for a girl who will make you smile. Until then, you won’t be able to understand me.” He left afterwards. Maybe he’s right, I won’t understand, and forever will be. I closed the door and was surprised when I looked back. All four of them were staring at me. But on second thought, they were really looking at the envelope I was holding.

          “Who wants coffee?” I asked, while holding the envelope high for them to have a better look. And just like that, Doyeon, Changjae, Tey and Ryu cleaned up the messy room and prepared to get out. I walked towards my desk looking at my phone and saw the memo once again. I felt heartbroken, two years more. I sighed, thinking it would be better for me to leave these kids. I hope they’ll understand.

          “Hyung, why the long face?” Doyeon asked, and I was sent back to reality. I smiled and congratulated everyone for their good work, cleaning their room. I tried to sound joyful, I don’t want them worrying about my thoughts. “Coffee~ Coffee~ Coffee~” four of them chanted while I was looking for my stuffs. I give up. I looked at them and told them to get ready. I grabbed my jacket, wallet and keys. Maybe I need to loosen up, one week will come faster if I kept thinking about it.

 

          After a short car ride, we arrived in a cozy coffee shop. When everyone got their caffeine, we stayed in the shop for a little while, talking about anything, from girls to games, food to travel. Suddenly an idea came to me, a tour...

          “So hyung!” my attention was caught by Changjae, “Where are you going for a week? We heard CEO-nim said to go out and have fun.” I nod. “Not quite sure yet, but actually I’m thinking of just staying in the dorm.” I lied. I looked at them and they all have a disagreeing face. These children really know me. “Don’t you think CEO-nim will allow us to go with you? I know a place in –” “Tey, no! If you are allowed to go with me. I should decide where to go.” I glared at him. But he just shrugged it off.

          “Let’s go to Myeongdong! I haven’t been there. Hyung~” the maknae pleaded. Aigoo~ I pinched his cheeks. “I.will.decide” I emphasized each and every word. One week? Where to go? My mind’s confused. I want to be alone, but I also want to be with these guys. “For one week, go out and have fun Hyunjin!” I repeat those words again and again in my head. More like a mantra. Hope it’ll be good... better as well.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

FINALLY AN UPDATE!! 

Hopefully I haven't done anything to upset my dearest readers. ALSO! Sorry for the late update. Blame the internet!

Anyhows, thanks for always showing your interest in this fic. You are the awesomest readers ever!