ONE WEEK (Julie)

Reason why I SMILE…

               The party ended and Mel offered me a ride home. I don’t feel like seeing my best friend’s face anymore. We will see each other again and for the whole week. I sighed at the thought. But suddenly a thought came up and it’s the best and worst idea I’ve ever come up with. I dig inside my handbag to look for my cell phone. I hope she receives this before I rode that damn plane.

               After I arrived at the dorm, I double checked my phone whether my sister had read my SOS message, and lucky me! She did, for I heard my favourite song playing, my ringtone. I just clicked the accept button.
               “Ate*, super sayang**! Me and Tita are going to Boracay tomorrow night. How I wish I can go with Ate Mel, you know we both love KPOP. But I can’t leave now. Just enjoy the trip Ate! Forget about your hate about Koreans – ”

               “I will go with Tita! Just please. Please Angel!! Go with Mel for me, I can’t stand just thinking about it. Me and Korea? No. Not a perfect match. Angel, please.” I heard Angel laughed on the other line. I sighed heavily.

               “Ate, stop being childish. Don’t you realize that Korea has a lot of temples and historical palaces? Just think, Ate Mel will treat you for a week. You just have to go with her. Uhm – ” She paused for a while. I was suddenly thinking of the positive things I might get with this stupid trip. “Ok, just think of it like a part-time job. Baby-sitting a giant kid. Is that better? Just imagine how Ate Mel would feel if you’ll swap places with me.” And I felt like the stupidest person alive. I hate myself for now thinking this positive. Good thing my little sister is there for me. Angel, like Mel, is possessed by the “fangirl” spirit. That’s why I thought she would be thrilled to know that I have a free pass to hell, I mean Seoul. Now that she made me calm, I just accept that fact that I, Julie, age 21, will go to Seoul, South Korea.

               I sighed, and then made up my mind. “Angel, what do you want for pasalubong***?”
               “Lee Jonghyun and Jung Taekwoon wrapped in the cutest gift wrap. With ribbons on their heads.” I can hear her giggle. I don’t even understand anything she said.  My little sister is mumbling stuff again, just like my best friend.

               Before I hang up, I promised to meet her tomorrow morning. She insisted that I need to be educated on things to do and not do while in the Holy Mecca of KPOP. I wanted to protest, but Angel just ignored my pleas. “You have to know those things ate. What to do and where to go. Don’t worry I won’t put any KPOP related here. I swear!” I remembered her telling me. I’m helpless. I felt like a little girl being taught how to walk but still doesn’t have the courage to take a step. I don’t have anyone on my side. Mel and Angel are on the same boat and I’m sinking alone. I began thinking what to expect for tomorrow, when my eyes felt heavy and realized it’s already 2 in the morning. I just let sleep take over.

Morning came.

               “Myeong-dong! You have to go here. Every foreigner has to stop by that somehow. Hongdae! You also need to go here. There are a lot of street art festivals here, also I heard that some cute guys might be around here somewhere. You can – ”

               “W-what? I am not, I repeat, NOT going to look for a Korean boyfriend. Not now, not ever Angel.” I stopped her from saying any weird stuffs. I gave her a look that says to just say things I need to know.

               “Chill. I’m just stating some possibilities here sister. You are going to Seoul. The central factory of cute guys, and your genetically pretty. So it’s not impossible for at least a few to take interest on you.” She winked at me, I just sighed. “I’m going to kill you Angel. Continue telling me what I need to know. REALLY need to know.” I calmly said while sending death rays towards my sister who is just giggling by herself.

               After 3 long hours, I begged Angel to let me go. Another hour would make my head explode like crazy. I felt my brain’s malfunctioned already. How was it possible for my sister and best friend to understand those things?! Big round of applause to their brains!

               I finished packing by the time Mel phoned me. Her voice is really excited. I also heard nerdy’s voice somewhere in the background. I checked my things thoroughly. This would be my first trip outside Philippines so might as well packed properly. I told her to wait for me outside the dorm gate.

               I looked myself on the mirror. I decided to wear a gray long-sleeved blouse, black jeans and a gray boots, since according to my dear sister it’s still cold in Seoul so better wear something "somehow" thick. Okay, I tried calming myself. “This is just a trip. Nothing more, nothing less. Remember your oath, Julie.” I repeat those words like a mantra. One week, hope you will be good to me. Seoul? Nah. I don’t mind asking. For sure you’ll be bad to me, even worse.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ate - older sister

Sayang - too bad

Pasalubong – stuff bought after a trip, like a souvenir

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Finally an UPDATE! ♥

Julie is such a stubborn character. Who wouldn't want to go to Seoul? OMG. Anyhows, thanks again for still reading this story. I have high hopes for this fic. For I've never been this focused on writing a fanfic before. Hope you bear with me, my writing skills is not that good, but I wish I entertain you in any ways. 

CONTINUE READING. ♥  love you guys!!