BIG NEWS (Julie)

Reason why I SMILE…

 

“What the did you just say?” I glared at Mel, who is now doing funny little bunny hops.

          “Babe, Julie we are going to S-E-O-U-L! My mother said this will really make you say ‘’ and curse me to hell and it did. Isn’t it just amazing?” This is girl is unbelievable.

           “What? Tita* did? H-how? But… why?” I calmed all my anger and just looked at Mel who stopped doing skips and hops all around the place.

            “I told you how I wanted to go to Seoul, right?
 

            “To meet your soul mate? And how that book is written about you, and you believe it was fate who knew this.” I saw Mel’s confused look. “I was referring to that Popped series**” I explained when I noticed she’s sending deathly glares towards me.

            “Please Julie, let me be happy for this day. I got my present, and it was by far the bestEST gift ever.” “Better than the Boracay trip given by yours truly?” Mel thought for a moment. “You met nerdy in Boracay.” I added. She smiled and blushed at the thought. “Second to your gift of course. Just please say yes. Come with me in Seoul. I asked my dear boyfriend but he’s going to Singapore for a family trip. Please Julie . It’ll be my treat and I swear you won’t spend even a peso.

              I sighed for the nth time. Mel clearly knew I don’t want any Korean stuff to be involved with me. To tell the truth, I loathe anything that relates to Korea and its people. My father left us for a Korean , and my mom was killed by a Korean car. Now tell me how can I possibly step foot on that piece of holy , they called Korea?!


              “I know how you hate Koreans and Korea itself.” Mel spoke, more like voicing out my thoughts. “But this is just like a vacation. Okay, here’s a deal. I’ll ask father for a trip for two in Thailand and give it to you as a gift. Just please let me be on that plane and smell the kimchi air of Korea. Please, Julie.” She would make a good negotiator. Thailand for just a couple of days in Korea? Not bad of a deal. I really wanted to visit Thailand, their temples and beaches are must see.

                  “How many days?”

                  “A week.”

                  “A week? Weh?*** And I’ll not to spend anything?”

                  “Uh-huh. My aunt lives there remember?”

                  “Okay. And Thailand? How many days?” I am far more concern about my trip in Thailand than going to Seoul.

                  “Also a week.”

                  “Deal.”

                  “OH MY GOSH! Julie! You made me happy.” Mel hugged me and nearly choked me. She had this goofy smile after she bear hugged me.

                  “I swear by all the graduating souls in here that I, Julie, will not ever have fun in that piece of holy , called Seoul. I solemnly swear that this trip would be forgotten and never be again talked about by me or anyone with me in that trip. Thank you all es of this freaking universities.”

*THUD!*

                  “OUCH! What was that for??” “To make that oath invalid.” Mel smirked and laughed crazily.

Am I lucky to have that girl as a friend? I touched the back of my head that Mel just hit. That girl is extraordinary. Being a fan of KPOP, my friend turned into a humanoid and blabbing about stuffs I don’t and can’t comprehend. She can talk on and on about KPOP all day. I wouldn’t care. She just needs someone to listen to her blathers and not really respond to it. I love Mel. She’s like a sister to me. We’ve been friends for almost forever and it’s the first time I’ve seen her like this. I always believe that she’s being possessed by another soul called “fangirl”.

                  “Hey, Julie! I forgot to say. Our flight is tomorrow evening. So you better pack up tonight. See you tomorrow. Love you, babe!” OMG! Tomorrow? That girl!

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

*Tita – aunt

**Popped series – famous KPOP inspired book in Philippines

 ***Weh? – Really?

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

How was this for a first chapter? I decided not to wait for 100 views, since there are people waiting for an update. *wink~ I just hope in the next Chapter, more viewers and commenters (lol! is this even a word?) would appreciate this fic. 

It'll be like this --> Julie's chapter, Jin's chapter, Julie's chapter and so on. Hope it'll clear any confusions. ♥ 

COMMENTS ARE SO MUCH LOVED. also views actually!