Chapter 31

Next Stop, Your Heart
Taeyeon's POV

"Tell me what have I missed," I smile to her when she's looking around the room. Yoona has left earlier on after I surprised them. They were really surprised... even though it was more of shocked. Jessica turns her head around and looks at me, biting her lip as she's thinking. She's still so adorable after two years. She still hasn't changed much.

She dyes her hair chestnut brown now and I find it absolutely stunning. She changes the brand of her perfume but she still smells heavenly. She has put on a little more weight but at least she looks healthier. I catch myself staring at her and thinking of the inevitable thoughts.

"Yoona and I are best friends now... and... hmm... i miss you so much?" her last sentence sounds unsure and I can't deny that it hurts a little. She snuggles herself into my embrace and sticks her ear close to my heart. "Why didn't you tell me that you're coming back today? I could've gone to the airport to fetch you.." she mumbles and tugs on my shirt gently

I look down and see her hiding her face into my shirt. "I wanted to surprise you. And i guess it works." I laugh.

She shifts and turns her whole body facing away from me. Her back presses against my front and her head leans back on my shoulder. "Did you... did you see anything j-just now?"

My smile falters and it is a good thing that she can't see my expression now. "What do you mean?"

"I... I was h-hugging Yoona b-because I missed you." she confesses.

Should I be glad that at least she tells me the truth? Or should I question her why? Nonetheless, I can't bring myself to interrogate her even though I'm indeed feeling a little... angry. "It's okay." I say quietly and snake my arms around her waist.

She puts her hands on my arms and we sway side to side together. I hear her sigh. Is it because she is contented or is it because she is wishing that I'm Yoona?

"How are you?" I ask her, trying to shrug off the thought.

"Me? I'm good. But I missed you so much. Really." she whispers. Her voice cracks at the last sentence.

"Sica-ah..." I call out after a moment of silence. She hums and draws shapes on my arm. "Look at me." I say and my heart is starting to get heavier.

She turns and looks at me as she is told. "Why?" She asks and pulls on the bedsheet a few times, not exactly looking into my eyes.

"Do you still love me?"

I guess my question takes her by surprise. Her expression freezes. And in the moment of hesitation, I have found my answer.

***

No One's POV

The two of them say nothing as they look at each other. One is waiting for her to say something while another is thinking why is she asking such question.

"O-of course I do." Jessica laughs after she sees that there's no point just staring at Taeyeon. Her eyes are so distant and Jessica can't seem to know why is Taeyeon asking her that question.

"Do what?" Taeyeon asks with a small smile. She's smiling but her eyes are not.

"I do love you." Jessica says, feeling slightly angry at how Taeyeon is questioning her love. She runs a hand through her hair and looks to the side. "Why are you asking me this? You should know that I love you Taeyeon."

"Why were you hesitating then? When I asked you that question." Taeyeon questions, softly.

"Because... because you suddenly asked me! Because I was surprised!" Jessica raises her voice, throwing her arm in the air as she explains.

Taeyeon looks at the girl carefully. Was she just thinking too much? But Jessica's actions in these few months, or maybe this two years are giving Taeyeon so much doubts. "Why were you surprised? Isn't it normal for me to ask you if you love me?"

Jessica stares at Taeyeon. Her face in disbelief. "You asked me if I STILL love you. You're doubting me!"

All Taeyeon can do is laugh, quietly. Yes she did ask Jessica that. But why was Jessica reacting in such an exaggeration. "I was just asking." Taeyeon smiles and takes Jessica's hand in hers to caress it.

Jessica yanks her hand away and gets off the bed, pointing at Taeyeon as she fires back. "You are doubting me! Because you saw me hugging with Yoona. And-and-and you are jealous so you asked me. So you questioned me. You want to find out more from me." Jessica says, agitated.

Taeyeon sighs and stands up too. She walks herself to face Jessica. "Do you want to ask yourself why am I doubting you, then?" she asks gently, not wanting to alert Krystal who is at another room.

"Why? Are you saying that you're doubting me now?" Jessica snaps

Taeyeon remains quiet as she sees no point retorting. It will just make the situation worsen. She has just gotten back for a small vacation and she needs to go back after three days. She just wants to spend time with Jessica to make up the two years.

"Where were you when it was our second anniversary? Did you even call me to wish that? Did you even reply to my text that day?" Jessica questions, her eyes narrow.

Taeyeon saw the message, but she was rushing for lesson that day as she overslept, because she sacrificed a little of her precious sleeping time to call Jessica but all she got was giggles with Yoona. Her schedule was so packed that she forgot to reply back, but she did call Jessica two days later when she squeezed in a free slot for five minutes. But it was already midnight in Seoul and Jessica wanted to sleep soon.

"I did." Taeyeon says. "I did call you. But you were with Yoona." Her eyes bore into Jessica's, trying to search for a hint of remorse.

"Why didn't I know then? Why didn't you reply to my text then?" Jessica shoots back. She remains firm on her ground.

"Because you're playing with Yoona. All I got was a scream and the line went dead." Taeyeon chuckles sadly as she recalls. "And about the text... I saw... but i didn't have the time to reply you. That's my fault. I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" Jessica asks Taeyeon and jabs her finger on Taeyeon's chest as she speaks. "You're sorry because you're guilty? Because you know that you're wrong for doubting me?"

Taeyeon's upper body is pushed backward with each jab and she stumbles a little. "Enough sica." She says.

Jessica pulls back her hand and fold her arms. "How long does our average phone call last?"

Seeing that Taeyeon is not going to reply, Jessica speaks again. "2 minutes." She presses her lips together after speaking.

Taeyeon's shoulders droop because she thought Jessica would understand. "You know that I'm busy."

"Busy? How busy can you get? Can't you even call me during your breaks? Or is it because you've someone else back there?" Her tone gets colder and colder after each question.

Taeyeon looks up, staring at the girl she doesn't seem to know anymore. "Don't turn the table on me." she warns meekly.

Jessica snickers and looks at Taeyeon as if she was a joke. "So you're saying that i have someone here?" She points to her feet while another hand is on her hip.

"You know it yourself sica." Taeyeon says and looks at the girl who is lost for words now.

"If you didn't have someone else here, would you still speak to me in that tone? Would we have fought in the first place? Would you..." Taeyeon pauses and swallows the lump in . "Would you have snuggled so closely with Yoona, letting her hands on your body?" Her voice cracks.

Jessica's eyes widen, she was not sure if Taeyeon had saw it but her nightmare comes true. "It-it isn't like what you saw Taeyeon." Jessica says quickly and puts her hands on Taeyeon's arm.

Taeyeon smiles because she saw everything. She now understands why Jessica doesn't seem to be sad anymore when they are about to hang up. She now understands why Jessica is laughing so freely when they're on the phone. She now understands why was Jessica so agitated when she questioned her love.

"I didn't cheat on you Taeyeon. I swear I didn't. Please believe me. Please." Jessica keeps begging when Taeyeon pushes her gently to sit on the bed.

"I believe you." Taeyeon smiles and pats on Jessica's head. "I tell myself to believe you, because I love you."

Jessica finds herself wiping away the tears that keep falling as Taeyeon gathers all her belongings, ready to turn and leave. "Please Taeyeon. Don't leave me." she pleads and runs to Taeyeon. Her arms secure themselves tightlt around Taeyeon's waist as she sobs in her back.

Taeyeon feels her heart drop when she hears Jessica crying. But she doesn't know if Jessica had done more than just hugging with Yoona, since they were so intimate. "We... just need some time alone. I need it to think us through. You need it to sort out your feelings." Taeyeon states without giving in.

She feels Jessica shaking her head and she removes her hand on her luggage. Taeyeon turns around and pushes Jessica's hands away that are on her arm now. Jessica keeps shaking her head but no words come out from . Her tears keep trickling down and Taeyeon has to look away so as to keep her cool.

"I'm giving you time to think. Do you want me or Yoona. I will wish you the best if you choose Yoona, because at least I know she can make you happy." Taeyeon smiles and pushes Jessica to sit on the bed again. Jessica doesn't move now. She finds her knees too weak to stand up.

"I love you, sica." Taeyeon says for the last time and pecks on Jessica's forehead before she turns to leave.

"Taeyeon," Jessica whispers when Taeyeon is about to shut the door.

Taeyeon stops moving and Jessica sees that Taeyeon is still there. "I was just lonely. I still love you. Yoona spends so much time on me and those times, I wish she was you." Jessica says and surprisingly, she doesn't choke on her words.

Again, Taeyeon nods with a smile and closes the door. She walks down the stairs with her luggage that is not as heavy as her heart. Meanwhile in the room, Jessica is crying her heart out as she didn't expect it. She didn't expect that Taeyeon's first visit would be their last after two years.

"TAEYEON!!!!!" She screams her lungs out and that startles Krystal who is I'm the other room. She thought maybe Jessica and Taeyeon are fooling around. She's happy that Taeyeon is back for Jessica even though it is only for a short period of time. "TAEYEON!!!"

Taeyeon stops in her track when she hears Jessic screaming her name again and again in her high pitched voice. She smiles. All these time she is smiling but close to tears. Her hand trembles as she turns on the doorknob. Gone.

Sensing that something isn't right, Krystal runs to Jessica's room and is shocked to find the room in a mess with a crying Jessica in the corner. "What happened..." Krystal mumbles to herself and dashes forth to her sister, hugging her dearly.

"T-tae-taeyeon d-doesn't wa-want me a-anymore!!" Jessica sobs violently and her face is all covered with tears. Krystal frowns as she doesn't understand the sudden plot twist. She hears Jessica mumbling Taeyeon's name again and again as she pacifies her.

"Unnie..." Krystal's heart breaks when she sees her sister acting this way. She's pinching and hitting herself as she keeps repeating "taeyeon doesn't want me anymore." Krystal tries to stop her but she ends up getting injured when Jessica pushes her away. Her hand gets cut by a broken frame.

"Taeyeon..." Jessica mutters and she finally stops. She wraps her arms around herself as she squeezes herself into the corner. Her hair is all over her tear-stained face and Krystal is helpless.

"Yoona unnie." Krystal says to herself and gets up. She rummages through the mess that Jessica has caused and when she finds the phone, she immediately calls Yoona who says she will be there as soon as possible.

Little did all of them know that Taeyeon and Yoona will bump into each other when one is going home with a broken heart while another is running to the broken girl with a worried mind.

---

---

Use my phone to update so the style may be different? But yeah :) Poor sooyeon.. :( she's my bias but aye...