Chapter 17

Next Stop, Your Heart

Taeyeon's POV - 1 week after chapter 16

"hello?" I answer as soon as I see the name flashing on my phone screen

"taengoo-ah, are you free later?" she asks me with her cute voice, it sounds almost like taengoo-ahh can you be free later so that i can see you?

"yes! why?" I reply quickly

"yay! come and fetch me at school, will you? I want to go out with you today since it is friday!" she says enthusiastically

"alright, I will pick you up at 2pm okay? I end my lesson at 1 30." I say as I look at my timetable

"then i will wait for you since I end mine at 1pm, alright see you soon taengoo. bye!" she chirps

"love you," i reply and hang up.

I put my phone under my table and I can feel burning stares piercing through my back. I turn my head around slowly and I am right. My friends are eyeing me like a piece of meat with their hawk eyes. "what?" I ask them nonchalantly.

"Who was that?" asks Tiffany skeptically

"you know who." I reply shortly. I can't be bothered to tell them what exactly happened few days ago. They would probably shoot my tonnes of questions which make me suffocate and just leave me dying there.

"Jessica?" Tiffany probes. I simply nod and take out my lecture notes.

"yah, when will you ever tell us what happened?" asks Yuri with a little agitated tone as she snatches my lecture notes away from the table.

I stare at her and grab my notes back. "i told you nothing," I say and straighten my crumpled end notes.

Yuri rolls her eyes as she purses her lips. "We helped you and yet you don't want to share with us. Fine."

I remain quiet and pretend to read my notes. They are buzzing and I don't intend to catch what they are talking about so I just let my mind wonder to last sunday. It was a really good time spent with the love and we just grew closer than before, which is a very good thing for me. Well, we didn't have our first kiss yet because we were afraid something similar might happen again. Lock the door? No, Jessica's door can't be locked.

"taeyeon," Yoona calls out and looks at me with a displease look. I bob my head once to tell her to continue and she sighs, "alright, we don't want to know what happened between the two of you anymore. But we are really happy that you and her grow closer. No matter what, we will be there for you, alright?"

That's what I want to hear. I don't really like sharing too, have I ever told you about it? But since they're my friends, there might be exceptions some times.

"Thank you," I smile earnestly to them, then my lecturer walks in with huge pile of notes tucks under his arm.

"alright class, we will be having an extra lesson till 2 30pm today. Now, please put your bag, books, handphone, and notes in front of the class room, we are going to have a short test." he announces.

My eyes widen as I hear his announcement. What, this can't be? I have to meet Jessica at 2 and he wants an extra lesson?! This is ridiculous. I take my phone under my table and intend to tell Jessica about the news.

"Kim Tae Yeon, don't you understand my instruction? Do you want a detention?" his voice blasts through the quiet room.

I quickly slip my phone into my bag with much reluctance and walk to the front of the class room to carry out his instruction, that old man.

 

 

 

Jessica's POV

I look at the time displaying on my phone again, it is past 2 pm already and I still see no Taeyeon. Has she forgotten about this? Is she still coming? If not, why am I not receiving any message saying that she might be late or can't make it?

Taengoo where are you? –Jessica

Seohyun has already left the school long ago, I sit at the bench alone waiting for Taeyeon to appear right at the corner. There isn't any sign of her.

"Jessica-ssi?" A not so familiar voice calls me.

I look up with my sulky face and Jay Park flashes me his wide grin as he waves his hand at me. Girls would probably be squealing if he greeted them the way he greets me.

"hello!" he says with a friendly tone.

I force a smile at him and look around to see if Taeyeon is here. Still, no sign of her.

"Do you mind if I sit here with you?" he asks politely. I shake my head but my eyes are still looking for particular someone.

"are you waiting for someone?" he asks again and looks at where I am looking at too.

Isn't he a little too annoying? I nod with a little impatience and take my phone out again. No reply.

What is happening? It can't be that she's late. She said she end lesson at 1 30 but it is already 2 32 now.  She must have forgotten about me...

"Hmm.. do you know my name?" he asks unsurely after awhile of silence.

I look at him weirdly and nod. Who doesn't know the Oh-So-Charming Jay Park? "Jay Park." I say without much interest.

His lips curve into a smile and I saw him doing a mini fist pump. I don't find it cute or charming at all, in fact, he is annoying. I am waiitng for Taeyeon and he just has to come and bother me. Well, great.

"ermm Jessica-ssi, can we... be friends?" he requests and looks at me expectantly.

I give no reply as I don't entertain people. I told you I hardly make friends, do you believe me now?

"wow, you are a really cool girl, aren't you?" he says with a forced smile and shakes his head.

Are you late or are you not coming? - Jessica

I hold my phone in my hand, just in case Taeyeon would reply me.

I have almost forgotten about Jay Park while I am waiting. Time check again, it is 2 45 and I almost want to stand up and leave.

"My treat," an ice cream pops into my vision and the not-so-familiar voice speaks again.

That's weird. Can't he tell that I am ignoring him and yet he buys me ice-cream? My stomach growls because I haven't had any lunch, I thought I could just bear with the hunger and eat with Taeyeon later on, but who knows she doesn't turn up.

"thanks," I accept it and his grin grows wider.

"you're welcome, Jessica-ssi." he says and sits down next to me again.

I take a spoonful of ice cream and eat it deliciously. Even though I don't really like strawberry flavour, I will just make do with it.

"You're really pretty," he says as he looks at me. I mean, this is getting weirder. Who the hell looks at someone when they eat? I know I did that to Taeyeon but because we love each other. But Jay Park?!

"Can you not?" I say irritably and put the ice cream down on the bench. 

"okay okay, I am sorry. Please finish it and I will leave once the person you are waiting for is here." he says and hands the ice cream back to me.

"I don't even know if she's coming or not," the words just slip out of my mouth. I quickly stuff another spoonful of ice cream to my mouth, just in case I say any more.

"She? You're waiting for your friend?" he says with his hopeful voice.

"y-yes." I reply. I can't be telling him that oh no, i am waiting for my girlfriend soon-to-be.

"wow, okay! I will wait with you, just in case something might happen to a pretty girl like you," he smiles.

I roll my eyes and continue eating my ice cream quietly. Then my heart skips a beat when I see a very familiar figure running towards me.

"Sica!" she shouts as she runs towards me. It is the cutest scene I have ever seen. She's running to me with all her might and doesn't care if her shoelace has fallen off. It is very dangerous but she makes it right in front of me safely.

"I-I a-am sorry th-that I a-am l-late!" she pants heavily.

I put down the ice cream again and stand up to hug her firmly. I thought she wasn't coming already, I thought she had forgotten about me already.

"It is okay. You are here now." I whisper and rub her back as she regains her breathing.

We pull away and I take out some tissue paper from my bag to wipe her perspiration on the forehead. She smiles as she looks at me. My cheeks feel hotter under her intense stare but it doesn't matter as long as I am the only one that she sees.

"uhm Jessica-ssi?" Jay park taps my shoulder and I look back irritably. Why does he have to ruin this moment? Argh.

"yes?"

"This is your friend? She looks so much younger than you. Is she your sister or something?" he asks as he looks at Taeyeon

Yes, Taeyeon looks much younger than her actual age because of her baby-like skin.

"She's my friend." I state. "I have to go now. Good bye." I add on.

His smile falters and nods,"good bye then. See you soon." I couldn't react just in time when he pulls me in for a hug. I almost choke because of his smell. I don't like the cologne smell okay?

 

 

Taeyeon's POV

I stand there quietly as I witness the hug between the two. I saw the guy when I was running but I thought he was waiting for his friends as well. I thought Jessica didn't know him.

"you're really pretty, Jessica-ssi. Good bye!" he says and picks up his bag before he leaves. My fists clench tighter and jaws tighten.

"Taengoo-ah, shall we go now?" Jessica says sweetly. But her smile fades away when she notices that I am not in my right state. "Are you okay?" She asks worriedly and checks if I am alright.

"I am fine," I say and turn around to walk to the bus stop.

I know she would catch up with me and I just need some time to clear my mind. I don't know why but I feel betrayed. She could have waited alone for me even though I am late. She didn't have to ask a guy to wait with him, did she?

"What's wrong with you?" she asks me once she catches up with me. I breathe out heavily through my nosetrils and shake my head.

"Yah, you are obviously upset about something and I have something to do with it, right?" she points out as she pulls my arm to stop me in my track.

I look around and see that the alley is empty. "Right." I reply.

She presses her lips together and looks down on the ground. "What is it?" she asks me with her voice almost cracking.

I refuse to speak. She has to know it herself, right? Or is it that she thinks it is nothing to hug with a guy in front of me?

"is it because of Jay Park?" she asks. "the guy just now?" she adds

I look at her with a raised eyebrow. So she knows.

"Don't look at me that way. I know alright? I didn't hug him, he was the one who hugged me. He was the one who insisted on waiting with me but I didn't care at all. Yes we ate ice cream together but that's because I waited for almost an hour for you and I was freaking hungry." she explains exasperately

I am speechless. I don't really know what to say. But I feel the strong need to fight back.

"Really?" I question her

"yes." she states firmly.

The next thing I know, I pull her close in my embrace and kiss her on the lips. I don't even care if I am wearing my school uniform. I kiss her deeply and I can feel her stiffness in my arms. She is surprised for sure.

My eyes are shut throughout. Slowly, I can feel her relaxing in my arms and her hands find their way to my back. She pulls me closer and our body press against each other. She reciprocates the kiss as she moves her lips together with mine.

Her head tilts to the right like mine. I hold onto her waist steadily and caress the sides gently. She pulls her hands back and moves them up slowly from my chest to around my neck. I can feel my heart beating against my chest wildly. My lungs are burning for air but I don't care, I hope she doesn't care as well.

I move forward slowly until her back hits the wall. Her fingers tangle with my hair and I don't care if she messes my hair up or not. Her lips are so soft and I am drowning in this pool of love. I know this sounds ridiculous but we are actually kissing in the alley.

Finally, the both of us can no longer take it anymore due to the lack of air. We pull away and pant heavily. This is more tiring than running but it sure feels so much better than running. We look at each other and I can see her blush, which makes my heart flutters.

"i love you Jessica Jung," I say as we continue staring into each other's eyes. I don't care if she is able to read my inner thoughts now. I need her to know that.

"I love you too," she smiles sweetly and tucks my hair behind my ear.

"Be mine. Be my girlfriend. Now, and forever." I say and close up the gap in between our lips again.

 

 

 

TBC