Chapter 12

Next Stop, Your Heart
A/N: I'm using my phone to update so the font and style might not be the same as previous chapters

-------

Taeyeon's POV

My alarm clock rings loud enough to pull me up from my dream land. I rub my eyes as i try to reach for the annoying alarm clock. It's Saturday today and why am i woken up by this stupid device?

Wait... I've got a date with Jessica! A...date. yeap, i need to get up now and prepare for later.

I even went online last night to search for things to do on a date. Well, it isn't a real date, more like hanging out since we're just friends, but i want to make it feel like a date.

Right now, it's 8 30am and I'm brushing my teeth absent-mindedly as my mind is far away from my body. I'm thinking about the things to do with Jessica later. I really hope that she would like it, if not i would get another cross on the list, which would be 4% of the possibility that she doesn't like me

"Taeyeon-ah, why are you up so early?" My mom asks me when she sees me coming out from my room.

She's preparing breakfast for my sister, who is having tuition later on. I rub my face lazily and get myself a cup of water. "I'm going out with Jessica later. Can you give me some money?"

"Jessica? is it the girl you brought to our shop that day?" she asks as she reaches for her purse.

I take over the money she gives to me and say,"yeap. And thanks omma."

She has given me more than enough for our 'date' later on. I wash up the cup and retreat back to my room to take a quick bath.

The warm water runs over my tired body and washes away the fatigue. "Unnie, I'm going for tuition now byebye!" I hear Hayeon shouting from outside the bathroom.

"Alright alright! take care and good bye!" i shout back and chuckle a little. She's such an adorable sister to have.

After half an hour or so, I'm done with bathing. I wrap the towel around my body and walk over to my closet. What should I wear? Is shorts too casual? Will I be overdressed if i wear the dress? But wouldn't it be weird if I wore dress to hang out with a girl-friend? will she find me weird?

Finally after a good ten minutes of deciding on what to wear, i pick out a white singlet along with a black cardigan and a floral white shorts with cherry red belt. I'm casual yet okay, i think.

I tie my hair up in a loose ponytail and brush my fringe neatly. My face looks a little puff up because i drank too much water last night, god.

Hastily, i take out the foundation and pat it on my face gently. I hope i look okay.

Time check, 9 38am. I quickly grab my wallet along with my phone and leave the house. I'm wearing sneakers, that's why i can speed walk to the bus stop.

Luckily, the bus arrives just when i get to the bus stop. It's 9 43am now. I think i will have plenty if time left waiting for Jessica later. Since the bus ride to interchange is just 5 minutes.

I tap my finger on the window nervously. I'm on a 'date' with Jessica. Can you believe it?

Just like what I have predicted, the bus reach the interchange at 9 52am. I still have 8 minutes.

I walk over to the seats in the interchange and sit down. My heart is beating wildly against my chest now. As the time goes by, my palms get wetter and clammy.

9 59am. One minute left. But I haven't spotted her. Maybe she's still walking.

I wait for awhile more and take out my phone to check the time. It's 10 06am now. Has she forgotten about it? Do I not matter to her?

I decide to stand up and walk around for awhile more, if she still hasn't appeared, maybe i will just go home..

"Taeyeon!" i hear someone shout from the back.

I recognise the voice. "Taeyeon!"

My body turns around and my eyes start looking for the girl I long for. There are too many people in the interchange now, I can hardly see her since she is about the same height as me.

"Yah why did you go away?" suddenly someone slaps my shoulder and whines a little.

I turn back again and see her fixing her fringe as she looks as me with slightly pouted lips. My heart flutters crazily and manage to pull a smile on my lips.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to walk around." I explain to her and she pulls me to the side, where lesser people are around us.

"I'm sorry too. The bus didn't come so I was late a little. I thought you're angry..." she mumbles the last part.

I quickly wave my hands in front of her face and say,"no no! i am not! i told you i just wanted to walk around."

She looks at me with amusement and covers as she giggles quietly. "I know. I was just saying. Now where are we going?" she asks me cutely as she tilts her head to the side.

This girl can kill, guys. I take out my phone and look at the memo pad. How can I be so stupid? We haven't eaten anything and I still have to check it.

"Oh we're going for breakfast first. You haven't eaten anything, right?" i ask and we start walking to take the bus service.

She shakes her head and asks," have you?"

I do the same and she says,"then we should eat first."

I nod obediently and we board the bus. "Taeyeon?" she calls out.

"Hmm?" i look at her. We need to stand as there's no more seats left.

"Can we go to your parents' noodles shop?" she asks and looks at me expectantly.

I raise my eyebrows up and say,"you want it?" she nods eagerly and i chuckle,"alright."

***

"Taeyeon-ah, why didn't you tell me you're going to bring your friend here?" my mom nags at me a little when she sees me.

We find a table near the window and sit down. "She wants to come here, so i didn't know too." i explain and smile at Jessica.

"I'm sorry for troubling you, auntie," says Jessica apologetically. My mother chuckles and pats Jessica on the head,"it's okay. We welcome you here, silly girl. Don't have to apologise."

I smile as i witness the scene. My mother seems to like Jessica and Jessica is shy around my mother. But how would my mother feel if she knew that i like Jessica more than a friend?

My smile falters at the thought of that and Jessica catches it. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head immediately and force a smile,"nothing. What do you want to eat?"

Jessica eyes me suspiciously for awhile but looks through the menu afterwards. "I really want to try all of these. They look so delicious. Maybe I should come here often."

She's obviously hinting me. Alright, that would give another tick to the box. Yay!

"You should try the prawn noodles here." My mother recommends her.

"Hmm alright! i would like to have that then, thank you auntie." says Jessica sweetly as she hands the menu back to my mother.

I order the same as Jessica so as to save the trouble for my parents.

I just realise Jessica is wearing a dress. Why didn't i notice it just now? I take a good time admiring her while she's too engrossed in looking around the shop.

Her hair falls perfectly over her shoulders and some falls in front of her chest. She wears a simple necklace that comes along with a bracelet she has on her right wrist. The baby blue dress suits her milky white skin perfectly. She looks so much like an angel right now with the sun light shining from behind her back.

I'm too mesmerized and I haven't realised she has been calling me. "Taeyeon!"

"Y-yes?" i jump up a little and the untensils on the table clank.

"You were staring at me with your mouth agape. I thought a fly could hav entered your mouth," she jokes and I feel the blood rushing to my face.

"I-I-I was just s-stoning." i say in fluster and look out of the window.

"Liar." she mutters under her breath but I catch it. I ignore it as she looks out of the window as well.

***

"That was a very filling breakfast!" she sighs in contentment as we step out of the eatery.

I look at her with my eyes smiling. "Now, let' start our day." I say and take out my phone again.

( Shopping Mall. Buy her some small gifts or let her choose. )

"We shall go to the new mall down town. Come on," i say and wait for her to go first. She grins at me and i follow after her.

"You know I was so excited about today and I couldn't sleep last night?" she says and looks at me. I hail a cab and open the door for her to go in first.

"Really? I was excited about it too. I hope you'd like today," i say after i close the door. "Ahjussi, to the new mall downtown please."

"Hmm.. that i'll have to tell you my answer after today," she says playfully once the driver starts driving.

I shrug and look out of the window. "Can you talk to me?" she asks me after awhile.

I look back at her and say,"sure. What do you want to talk about?"

She looks down and plays with her fingers for awhile first before she looks back up into my eyes again. "I don't know.."

Right, she's always the one initiating the conversation, maybe i should put in some effort too. I rack my brain and try to think of something to talk about.

"Do you know Taecyeon?" she asks me. Well, it's her effort again..

"Yes. Do you know him?"

She gives me an unreadable look and says,"yeap. He's the friend i was talking about yesterday."

I recall the texts we sent yesterday and nod,"ahh.. so he's that gay friend of yours.."

"Are you two friends?" she asks me with interest.

"He's like my hyung. Since our names are similar, people would ask if we were siblings and we would lie to them and say yes." I laugh as I reminiscence the memories.

She laughs under her breath too and pretends to be displeased," lying is not good, little girl."

I don't like it when she calls me little girl. I want to be someone she can rely on, depend on. I want to support her and make her feel safe. "Don't call me that."

She looks a little taken aback and nods lightly. "I'm sorry."

I bite my tongue as I realise I have gone a little too far. I was too sensitive. "N-nah. Not your fault. I'm sorry too."

She just smiles at me and we remain quiet until we reach the shopping mall.

***

"Look! It's so cute!" she squeals a little and my heart almost falls out when i hear the high pitch voice.

The first thing she notices when we enter the mall is a puppy. It's a pet shop. No, if i were to buy her that, i would be bank overdraft

"Yes it is cute." i say quickly, hoping that she would stop looking at the puppy with her own puppy eyes that will kill me.

"Yah you're not fun." she grumbles with her pouted lips. I bite my lower lip as she walks away.

"Hey look. The soft toy looks like the puppy just now," i tug at her arm when we walk past a shop selling soft toys. Girls like soft toys, aha!

"Oh my god! it's so cute!!" she squeals again and hugs the puppy toy to her chest as she sways her body

It works, aha!

"Do you like it?" i ask as I wave the salesgirl over.

"Yeap!" she pulls it away from her chest and pats the head as she smiles.

"I will buy you this then," i say as I pass the money to the salesgirl.

Jessica looks at me with a puzzled look as she watches the salesgirl walking towards the cashier. "You're really buying me this?"

I nod with a huge grin on my face. "Since you said that you like it.. and the real puppy is too expensive."

"Thank you taeyeon!" she says chirpily.

"My pleasure." i say with my smile still plasters on my face.

Her cheeks are a little flushed but she turns her back to her as quickly as I catch it.

"Come on," i say and grab her hand now since I'm feeling a little daring. "Let's go for a movie."

Her hand still feels as soft and warm as the last time I held. She didn't pull away or reject it, instead, she holds onto my hand a little tighter with a squeeze.

This is not counted as a tick, but i thought this would mean everything already.

She follows me behind as I lead the way. "What movie are we watching?" she asks me and as I turn back, i see her hugging the soft toy with one hand while the other is held by me. Do we look like a couple yet?

"Safe Haven." i reply and look to the front again to hide my smile.

"Okay," she replies short yet sweetly.

"Two tickets for Safe Haven," i say to the countergirl. She nods and looks at us.

"Do you need couple seats?" she asks without looking up as she is busying typing in something

I look to the back to see if Jessica wants it, all I get is a shy nod. "Yes thank you," I say with a huge grin that is telling everyone I'm the happiest girl on earth now.

I take the tickets over and go to buy some popcorn. I'm still holding onto her hand. It feels so warm, it makes me feel like home. The kind of warmth you get in your heart.

"Would you like it sweet or salty?" the person asks me. Again, i look to the back at Jessica who is looking at the board.

"Can i have it mix?" she asks the person. I take out my wallet and release her hand to pay for the popcorn, drinks and tickets.

I feel her hand hanging around the waistband of my shorts. After i put back my wallet, I have no choice but to use both my hands to hold the drinks and popcorn.

We walk over to the entrance and the person asks for our tickets. , i put it in my pocket and my hands are full now.

"Erm.. Jessica? can you.. take the tickets our from the right pocket at the back of my shorts?" i ask her quietly and my heart is pounding wildly at the thought of that.

Her eyes widen a little but she still nods lightly. She moves her hand that was holding on my waistband earlier to the pocket behind my shorts. I'm trying very hard not to make my heavy breathing obvious. Yes I'm panting.

"Here you go," she says as she gives the tickets to the person. I let out the breath i have been holding in once her hand left my body.

Before I could regain my breathing, she pushes me gently around my lower back to ask me to move in. I feel my body getting shock from all the electrifying touches.

"It's so cosy here," she whispers to me once we sit down.

"Yeap." i reply and give her her drinks. She sips on it happily and hugs the soft toy closely to her body.

Damn, she's wearing sleeveless dress and the room will only get colder later. I slap my forehead lightly as I didn't notice it, or i could have bought a jacket for her just now.

The lights turn down and the screen starts flashing through the advertisements.

Like what I have predicted, it didn't take long for her to start shivering. She hugs the soft toy with both hands, as if it could keep her warm.

I take out my cardigan and put it on her. She looks at me with the same look when I passed her my hoodie the last time. As if she's trying to ask me 'aren't you cold too?'

"Don't worry. I don't feel cold easily." i give her an assuring smile and look back to the screen.

I feel her eyes on me even after i look away. I feel under her gaze, she's staring right into my soul even though she isn't looking into my eyes.

Will she know that my heart is beating for her? Can she see that my blood is running for her? Or can she see that every breath that I take in has her scent in it?

"Look at the screen," i say softly without looking at her.

I saw her flinch a little and she is doing the same as me now. We're both looking at the screen and probably wondering what's going on in each other's mind.

"Can you hug me?" she asks me shyly when I look at her. "Maybe you feel cold too and yeah.."

I turn to the other side as I pretend to sit up straight, I am hinding the silly grin on my face. As I turn back, the smile fades away immediately and I pull her close into my embrace.

----

----

PLEASE WAIT FOR THE PART II PATIENTLY :P