Chapter 18

Next Stop, Your Heart

Jessica’s POV

“hello!” we are greeted by overly-excited Krystal the moment we step into the doorstep. I mean, she doesn’t even get so excited when she sees me going back home every time.

“soojung!” Taeyeon greets back with equally excited tone.

I have just decided to bring Taeyeon to my house after she kind of proposed to me to be her girlfriend. Kind of. Of course, we went for lunch at my favourite eatery – her parents’ restaurant. I got to see her father for the first time. She told me he bought her a sound system back from London (or was it other place? I can’t remember because I was just watching her) and installed it in her room because she loves singing so much.

“I was so happy when unnie called and said that you’re coming over!” says Krystal and she hugs Taeyeon tightly. They are that close, but I am not jealous because I am perfectly positive that Krystal is straight. She told me she likes Taemin.

“I am happy to see you too. Now shall we continue with the game we played last time?” Taeyeon suggests. They played a video game together the last time when Taeyeon stayed for a few nights. But no, I am not going to let her have Taeyeon today. She has just become mine officially just now and there is no way I am letting her go.

“Krys, I need to do something with Taeyeon. So… she might not be able to play with you, yeah.” I say and look at Taeyeon. She seems to understand the signals I am sending her so she coughs a little and says,”well.. maybe next time?”

Krystal can only pout and nod in disappointment. She is already 16 but she still acts like a small kid, that’s why her nickname is babyJung. “fine then, you better play with me next time alright Taeyeon oppa?”

Taeyeon grins and nods cheerfully. A cough interrupts the happy moment among the three of us, the stairs creak as someone is walking down. “You’re back, Sooyeon.”

I look up and greet her with a slight bow, “good evening mom.”

“Good evening Mrs Jung, I am Kim Taeyeon. Jessica’s friend.” Says Taeyeon calmly. I have already warned her that my mother might be at home since today is a Friday. She seems to have practiced the line she is going to say in her head before we came.

“I see. Why didn’t you tell me that your friend is coming over?” my mother asks me with her narrow eyes as she sits down on the sofa.

“I… erm… “

“I want unnie to bring Taeyeon op- uhm unnie over,” says Krystal. That is not a very good choice of words but still, I appreciate it.

“I see.” My mother nods and picks up the newspaper from the coffee table in front of her. “How old are you?”

Taeyeon flinches a little when my mother looks at her suddenly. I know my mother’s stare is thousand times scarier than mine, it sends shiver down my spine as well. “I-I am 18.”

“She’s younger than you, Sooyeon. Where did you meet her?” my mother asks me without looking at me. Her eyes are now focused on the paper instead of us. We are standing there awkwardly in the middle of the living room. I know Taeyeon is feeling uncomfortable but she has to bear with it.

“We met on the bus.” I answer and pray that she would stop asking questions. I saw Taeyeon fidget a little just now so I use my pinky to brush her arm, surreptitiously.

“Bus? So you don’t really know her?” my mother probes.

God, I know her better than I know myself. Or maybe not, but the one you’re questioning about is my girlfriend. My girlfriend, I repeat.

“We have known each other for about a month already.” I answer, trying my best to keep the smile on my face.

“alright, I am not that interested to know who are your friends. Bring her to your room then,” she orders. I gladly carry out her order and nudge Taeyeon to go up first. “soojung, I need to speak to you.”

I have a bad feeling about it, but never mind, I think it doesn’t concern Taeyeon. I look at Krystal helplessly and she just shoots me back with her puppy eyes. I shake my head lightly and walk up to stairs as well.

 

 

Krystal’s POV

“Who is she?” the witch asks me with her stern look. I hate this. She doesn’t act like my mother, she acts as if she is step-mother of Cinderella. Oh when will my prince charming come and save me like how Taeyeon oppa did?

“Jung Soo Jung, I am talking to you,” her voice snaps me out of my thoughts and I grimace a little at her tone.

“She is our friend. I told you.” I reply.

“This is a little fishy. Your sister hardly has any friend in the campus, but she brings someone she met on the bus home? Tell me everything,” she demands.

“I told you she is really our friend! Can’t it be like they just click and can talk to each other like really well? God, what? Don’t tell me that you think they’re together,” I say sarcastically. This is to put off some suspicions as well.

“Well, that’s completely out of the questions. They are both girls, how can they be together. What I am worrying the most is that she wants to get near your sister for our money,” she says sharply.

I roll my eyes and say with a little smirk,”we don’t go around showing people that we are rich or whatever. We take bus to school, who the heck will think that we are some kind of wealthy people?”

“watch your tone. I am your mother.” She snaps. I am not scared at all. But I know unnie is always scared of her, even our dad is afraid of the witch. But hah! I ain’t scare of her.

“Be careful of her, she may be someone bad. I am just worried about the both of you.” She says with a flat tone. Oh how nice, she is actually worried.

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

“she’s really scary,” I gasp as soon as we close the door behind us.

“I know right. I almost couldn’t breathe when she started interrogating the relationship between us.” Sighs Jessica. “I had the strong urge to tell her that you’re my girlfriend.” She adds on shyly.

I chuckle and pull her close, “it was a little too abrupt, wasn’t it? I am sorry. I thought I would make a plan to propose to you.”

“it’s okay,” she says as she taps on my nose. “the kiss mends it all.”

“Hmm, will another kiss make it better?” I smile brightly.

She is now tapping her chin as she pretends to be thinking. Without further ado, I give her a light peck on the lips, she pushes me away playfully afterwards. “yah, I didn’t allow you to do it.”

“but from what I know… you’re now Kim’s girlfriend,” I say confidently and pull her back in my embrace.

“You’re getting arrogant, aren’t you?” she sticks her tongue out and gives me a soft peck on the lips. “your reward for keeping your cool just now.”

“aye, don’t remind me of just now. I will have nightmare tonight. Gosh.” I joke and pull away from her. “What should we do?” I ask as I walk to her bed, the bed which I like the most because it has her scent

“Don’t tell me you want to sleep? I am not letting you sleep.” She says as she pulls me up. I slump my body back on the bed and she hits my stomach lightly with her fist. “Get up~”

I can’t stand her whining because I will just give in to her eventually. I get up like what she wanted me to do and look at her in the eyes. “you’re so beautiful to me~” I sing a line and she giggles.

“I haven’t heard you sing before. Can you sing a song for me taengoo?” she pleads cutely with her hands under her chin like as if she’s praying.

“Hmm… what should I sing?” I ask her and she bites her lower lip as she thinks.

“When I Was Your Man! I like that song,” she says excitedly.

“Isn’t that a sad song? We just got together like today and you want me to sing when I was your man? Nah. Change.” I say and wave her off.

“fine. How about nothing’s gonna change my love for you?” she suggests again and wait for my respond. I have already had a song in my mind and all I need is a guitar.

“do you, by any chance, have a guitar at home?” I ask

“Guitar? Wait… I think soojung has one!” She says and jumps out of the bed immediately. Seconds later, she comes back with a turquoise coloured guitar in her hand.

“wow, this is nice..” I say as I take my time to admire the guitar. It sure does look expensive and the sound is very solid, which is perfect.

I strum the strings a few times and clear my throat to warm up. “The song I want to sing for you, listen up girl.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSD3sAU1-p4

 

 

 

 

 

TBC :) I think this would be my update for the month! I am really getting busy now. I am sorry! Please just bear with their sweetness first before the storm comes :P