Dropping *09

When A Snowflake Drops

He was pissed off beyond knowledge and his swirling world was not helping.

He needed that stupid money and that outcaste brat weren’t helping at all.

“ing Kid!” he swayed to the semented alley and the bile in his stomach started to churn upward making him lounge forward.

After a couple of disgusting purges he regained himself. This was all that ungreatful kid’s fault, if he caught him once more, he’ll make that pretty face sorry.

He grind his yellowing teeth in amusement as he plotted what he will do to that brat. He will teach him a lesson he will never forget and will expose him to the village. That way, he will not have a face to show. Chuckling at his revenge he swung the half empty glass to his throat and divulges its contents.

“That’s a pretty nasty thought.”

Someone voiced out in a low whisper and immediately the drunkard looked at where he thought it was coming from.

But no one was in sight, just the chill on the wind.

“Who’s there?!”

The man shouted arming himself at the ready.

“You want to take revenge to people who haven’t done anything to you… pretty amusing.”

“WHO’S THERE!!” The drunkard swayed and threw his bottle his mind losing to that low voice that made the hair on his skin stand.

And as if he was hallucinating, snow blew an spiraled to form a human figure, leaning on the alley, blonde hair willowing to the dark aura the man emitted.

“W-Who are you?” the drunkard fell back scared beyond wits of someone appearing from nowhere in front of him. Eyes, grey as the clouds in the storm looking down at him like he was the lowest creature that has ever walk the earth.

“My name isn’t for humans like you to mutter, but since you hold so much dirt on your heart, I’ll give you the pleasure of being my slave…”

“Maco…” the blonde man called and from the snow emerge a black grinning little devil, staggering it’s way to the  human sprawled in disbelief on the cold ground.

“Feast…” The seppen of the frost whispered and the devil jumped on the human opening his shirt and melting to his body, in an instant the drunkard man fell and twisted on the ground, he seizure at the unknown devouring happening inside him

 “Humans are still as filthy as ever.”

The drunkard human’s eyes dilated and died but his body moved to stand up like nothing happened.

“Do me the favor human…” Jongwoon spoke.

“Kill Lee Sungmin for me.”

***

“Sulli! Wake up!!”

The little child snapped on her trance as the King of Seppen shook her, she bolted right up eyes tearing as her vision became clearer. It was scary and she knew they didn’t have the power to stop the events from happening, they can never interfere.

“Kami…” she sobbed melting to her feet. She can’t believe it, Jongwoon, the seppen of the frost had always been a big brother to her, when she died from drowning at the deep pond, a close 100 years ago, before she out from her human body she saw Jongwoon’s sad face, cradling her whispering soothing words, like ‘it’ll be okay’ and ‘everything will be wonderful’ and the next thing she woke up is she’s on a bright place, beautiful beyond compare, her previously damped matted black brown hair turned to beautiful jet black, her eyes the deep shade of indigo. She became beautiful, not the kid that were once slaved and starved.

Jongwoon told her that innocent spirits, unfortunate souls were given a chance once they died unplanned, they were given the privilege of being a seppen, a heavenly being embodying a snow flake, and she was given that chance. She was beyond happy.

The pains of being human were easily forgotten by the happiness of being a seppen playing in the snow, having friends. Seeing everything beautifully, and just when she thought she couldn’t be any happier she was granted the power from the Seppen of the Seasons, the previous seppen said she will go back to the mountains and its time for her to pass her ability.

But the first vision she had wasn’t what she wanted to see.

It was utter chaos, burning, slavery, shouting and pleas to spare one’s life. It was a mass murder when foreign ships set it sails to the peace of their mountains, people who were left to themselves to starve and died frozen in the midst of the winter on the merciless chill. With each passing day one of them died, one by one were left to freeze, and there she saw the hatred for human in her mentor’s heart. Jongwoon’s caring eyes faded to a stone cold glare.

And she felt scared.

The inevitable from her vision happened and then everything changed, all the seppen knew how cruel humans can be and they already begun to forget, they forget to cherish the heavenly beings when hatred ate their hearts, they stopped believing and eventually more seppens withdraw to the mountains.

Kami Ul helped the ones who stayed to stand up on their own but Jongwoon, his bestfriend, were changed, just like what Sulli saw. Jongwoon begun to hate humans, he never lead a human who died on the snow to a peaceful death like what he used to do, instead he toyed with them, and then his white little assistant, Maco, also turned evil. The seppen of the frost made Maco devour human hearts until they died and when he was amused and to use the human that he killed to kill more twisted humans, he made the dead body sprang back to life, move like a human, talk like a human but it is just an empty shell controlled by the seppen of the frost.

Thus, the necromancer among the seppens were born.

“Kami Ul…” Sulli sobbed, the vision lasted long and it encrypted the happenings on the past 100 years. It pains her to see Jongwoon like that but she can’t interfere, Jongwoon’s far gone. The big brother she once cherished were a monster now.

“The necromancer has started his hunt. Kami…”

Heechul flinched and he cradled the small girl into his arms shushing her. The visions were accurate; Jongwoon had once again aimed for a kill.

“Kyuhyun…” Heechul murmured in plea.

“He became injured because of the fight, do you think he can stand again a seppen at your caliber my king?” Sulli cringed. “I saw it, Kyuhyun and the human’s fate. I don’t want it to happen but my vision…”

Heechul bit his lips. He knows how it is a crime to interfere, it is a crime to make a difference and the balance is tipping because of a particular human both the seppen were so obsessed about.

He had longed to call his name, he had tried his might not to make him resurface after the accident decades ago, his assistant almost died because of him, his assistant were so dedicated that he had saved his life from shattering, from then on no matter how difficult a situation he’s in he never called for his alter self.

“Let me out…”

He can practically hear the voice of the little demon amidst the snow, but is this situation necessary for him to let his alter solidify once again?

“You know you need me… risk it my king… you are afterall the seppen of mischiefs, danger is not on your dictionary…”

Heechul can imagine himself, the younger him who carelessly play and interact with humans the way he liked it and his frozen heart swell with the feeling. Materializing with his memories is an image of a little animal, pointy ear, white slender body, long sleek tail, and heterochromatic eyes.

“Hiro.”

He muttered and he can saw the Cheshire grin of his assistant.

Sulli looked bewildered when a heap of snow emitted a white furred cat with the most beautiful blue right eye and green left eye.

Heechul smiled when the cat rolled it’s eyes on him as if scolding him he heard a mutter of ‘about time’. from the confident little demon.

“Assist Sungmin for me please, Maco’s involved also so be careful?”

The cat mewled and Heechul heard his assistant growled ‘that sly demon!’ before turning into a ball and disappearing.

“Kami Ul… that’s…” Sulli asked in disbelief.

“My alter, Hiro.” Heechul smiled at the be wilderness in the little girl’s eyes.

“But, he’s a cat and Maco’s a demon…” She exclaimed worriedly. “What if-“

“Hiro’s a demon, he’s just too vain to embody it since he said it’s not pretty.” Heechul laughed. “Don’t fret Sulli… Hiro’s smart beyond compare, he’ll make a great guard.”

***

Sungmin entered his home after a day at work, the place were warm since the old man had kept the fireplace open. He hesitantly looked over the heaps of blanket and his eyes widen when he saw that no one was there.

This was what he was avoiding to happen, the stranger is of course a stranger to him, he will not know how to deal with him or how to talk to him and he begged the old man to never leave the two of them alone but the grandpa proved to be resilient. He said he needed rest and so he was leaving Sungmin in charge of the injured man.

There are many things preoccupying him at the moment, one is that Jongwoon,  seemed so interested in him (not that he is bragging) and he just can’t figure what  he wants from him and it feels like his stupid self is actually affected by all the sweet talks, the other one is the situation he has at home.

He heard some fiddling to his cutleries and he did a sharp intake of breath and threaded slowly to take a peak.

There were nothing but silence when it was broke by a sharp hiss followed by a cursing he didn’t quite understand but he’s sure it’s somewhat a spiteful word.

He skipped from where he was tiptoeing and an unknown force made him jolt towards the kitchen founding the stranger holding a knife, a badly cut fruit and a bloodied finger.

“Son of a female harrumph!” the stranger cursed again as red iron –smelled fluid trickled from his fingers, a frown of unfamiliarity was on his face.

“What happened?” Sungmin asked hurriedly taking a napkin from the table wiping the blood.

The stranger didn’t answered, instead he just stared boring holes to Sungmin’s face that Sungmin literally felt his face get warmer from being stared at a close distant. He peered over his bangs and the stranger choked at his own saliva.

“It’s rude to stare.” Sungmin spat at the embarrassed expression of the man in front of him. He pulled Kyuhyun’s hand towards the sink, took a cup full of water and rinses the wound, took another clean napkin and applied pressure on it.

All the while, Kyuhyun kept observing the human, still hasn’t get over the fact that he was here, standing close to the man he had saved years ago and the said man is looking at him, seeing him, talking to him, holding him.

“There!” Sungmin let go of Kyuhyun’s hand to the latter’s dismay. “Place pressure on it… I mean pinch it.” Sungmin re explained when Kyuhyun frowned at what he had just said.

“How will the blood reach this area if I pinch it?” Kyuhyun asked curiously.

“Pinching it will hinder blood from continuously flowing.”

“But isn’t that bad? I mean this part not being reach by blood?”

“It’s just for a while, to stop the bleeding…” Sungmin spat at the curious lad brows knitting into one. “Why are you asking many questions?”

“For me to understand?” Kyuhyun answered matter-of-factly shrugging his shoulders confidently.

Sungmin looked at him with disbelief as he finally decided that he was being annoyed by everybody today, including this free-loading twerp. He sighed as he went back to the sink and washed off his hands. He can feel Kyuhyun’s stare at his back and the feeling made him itch in irritation.

“What are you doing here in the kitchen anyway…” Sungmin growled not even looking at the mess Kyuhyun made. “…when you obviously didn’t know how to use the utensils?”

“I-I was just…” Kyuhyun stammered embarrassed at Sungmin’s retort. “I am trying to make meals…”

“Meals that aren’t edible?!” Sungmin spat at him finally staring at his direction in annoyance. “You’re making yourself at home aren’t you? You didn’t even introduce yourself to me first! Such a brat…”

“Why are you angry at me?” Kyuhyun grumbled lowly since he cannot understand why Sungmin’s so pissed off at him. It’s hard if you can’t introduce yourself properly, and you can’t explain to this person that they already met a couple of times.

“Why wouldn’t I be angry?” Sungmin growled back apparently hearing Kyuhyun because of their short distance. He cleaned up the mess and occasionally stare at Kyuhyun’s crest fallen face, frozen on spot. He heaved yet another sigh, though he tried to ignore it, the nagging feeling in his chest kept bugging him, guilt pressing on him with the realization that he had become a bully towards an injured annoying stranger.

Sungmin turned to face Kyuhyun completely leaning on the sink to see the man’s reactions and to at least know the man’s name.

“I’m Sungmin… you are?” the human started startling the seppen who changed his expression from a kicked puppy to someone being given a treat.

“Kyuhyun.” He replied a sheepish smile tugging on his lips.

“It’s just our names being exchanged, don’t look so happy.” Sungmin said shifting his vision away from the hopeful eyes of the other and Kyuhyun’s face fell once more.

“So, what are you doing in the kitchen?” Sungmin asked a little softer this time but Kyuhyun didn’t answer instead he just fidgeted, after all the reason is that he was feeling hungry, something he had never experienced in his hundreds of years being a seppen.

“Why aren’t you answering?” Sungmin asked when he had read the confusion in Kyuhyun’s face. “Is it something I shouldn’t know?”

“I-I’m hungry…” Kyuhyun sighed still looking elsewhere than Sungmin’s eyes.

Sungmin stared for a moment at the man infront of him, definitely not a kid anymore, tall, lanky, but has very prominent collar bones half hidden by the over sized sweaters the old man had provided him, barefooted despite the cold, hair disheveled like he just woke up.

Sungmin bit his lips.

“Damn! Food is all you need, but these aren’t decent since you wasted it…” the human gestured at the unedible fruits. “Go sit there and wait. I’ll cook something that will not kill you.”

Kyuhyun’s face lit up feeling warmth at the spiteful yet caring gesture. He nodded vigorously and sat at the table when Sungmin turned around, a small smile at the corner of his lips.

TBC

A/N: Second KyuMin interaction, ahihi sorry if Min’s a little cruel to Kyu, it will drag on for sometime but don’t worry, he’ll eventually warm up.