Dropping *05

When A Snowflake Drops

Kyuhyun crouched on the cold floor, he felt awfully warm, like some electricity kept tugging his body and tracing the cracks on his chest.

His head hurts, his mind was in disarray, his body won’t stand this pain anymore. He’ll loose his mind.

“Look at you.”

A low voice chuckled and a figure in white robes crouched in front of his cell.

He had a hard time looking up but he knew this voice, he clenched his teeth. How could he come back, he was sure this seppen decided to isolate himself since he can never belong.

“All for a human…”

“What are you doing here?!” Kyuhyun grunted composing himself from his crouching state but his elbows gave in. He didn’t know why did he became so weak, he had been locked up in this cell for just a couple of days but he can feel the cracks on his chest flaring at him mockingly, creating fine cracks.

“I came back to claim what’s mine Kyuhyun.” The man spat at him.

Kyuhyun furrowed his brows, he didn’t understand what the man said but the realization hit him, the last time both of them met, is the time he attained his first crack.

“Don’t you dare!” Kyuhyun’s anger made him stood up and banged his fist through the impenetrable cellar meeting the hooded sharp eyes and a smirk from the thin lips of the blonde seppen in front of him.

“What can you do? When Kami Ul locked you in there.” The man spoke confidently picking up the hourglass he previously let down on the floor.

Kyuhyun’s eyes widen. “! Don’t do it.”

“I will do it Kyuhyun.” The cloaked man declared and he turned the hour glass upside down and the small white grains fell timidly from one side to another.

“He’s mine 20 years ago, but you took him away, the seppen who dared take a dying human away from the seppen of the frosts, he’s ought to die on that same day when you interfere!”

“He didn’t deserve to die!”

“But his soul is mine!”

The exchange of yelling shook the hall, inevitable silence came and howling of the winds suggests the incoming storm. Two seppens who ruled the disaster were fighting and it will surely bring unfortunate disaster.

“Kyuhyun…” the seppen of the frost smirked with a heavy mocking sigh. “I don’t know about you, but what I know for sure is that as soon as I take what’s rightfully mine…”

Kyuhyun threw a dangerous glare as he slid back to crouching on the cold floor.

“As soon as his soul is mine...” the hooded figure spoke once more meeting Kyuhyun’s eyes. “I won’t need to do anything to destroy you…”

“The shattering will do it for me.”

A wisp of crisp snow broke the ground when the hooded man disappeared in front of the seppen of the storm.

The pain shot him right up once more, but he didn’t care anymore, all he cared about is saving the human once again, just this once, one more time, he will save Lee Sungmin’s life.

**

Sungmin gasped awake at the heavy snow falling from outside the window. He clutched his chest and his heavy eyes tried to stay open as he recalled an awful dream.

It felt too painful to even move and try to escape that oppressing feeling of a hooded figure in the corner, watching over him, he couldn’t make out the face all he can remember is what it said.

He gazed out at the window, the snow fall is turning into a storm and what surprised him the most is that it’s almost the middle of spring and yet these falling white beautiful things seemed so furious and at the same time sad.

As if the heaven is weeping its beautiful tears.

**

The hall shook as the king arrived, everyone fell silent in an instant when they noticed the panicked expression of their ruler, pacing through the ice sculpted throne Heechul turned around.

“Who did it?!” he yelled loud enough to compensate the enormous hall. “Who tried to embody their human form and cross the barrier?!”

The seppens looked at each other and turned away, others are knowledgeable, others are clueless.

A wisp of snow circled the middle of the hall and a man standing up in a white hooded cloak appeared kneeling.

“Good evening Kami Ul…” his voice startled everyone when the newly arrived man stood up carrying a huge hourglass on his other hand, slow drops of snow fall from the other side to another.

The hood was removed by the man’s other hand and his pleated blonde hair almost covering his sharp eyes smirked at the expressions of the other seppens.

“What?! Aren’t you glad to see me?!” he chuckled and in an instant Kami Ul appeared in front of him grabbing his robes, clutching it.

“What are you doing here… “ Heechul growled gritting his teeth, Sulli, who’s staring with wide eyes to the newly arrived man stepped back hiding herself behind another seppen.

“Sulli, why are you hiding from me, I’m not scary you know…” the newly arrived man called out to the seppen of the seasons and the little girl flinch. “Y-Yes…” she muttered before curtseying.

“In case some of you don’t know, I’m the seppen of the frost, one of those who lead the dead souls of all living things that died because of us.”

Some of those who knew the cruelty of the colds looked down, they recognize him, the one who stopped time for those living things who’re bound to freeze, may it be birds, animals, bears, trees… or humans.”

Heechul stepped back composing himself not to use his ability to the newly arrived Seppen.

“Why are you here?” the king repeated what he said.

“You lot, have something of mine…”

Heechul’s brows furrowed. “What are you talking about?”

The man laughed in amusement as he watched Heechul’s expression. “I’m talking about this.”

Dusts of white formed an image of a village, and all of the seppens eyes are widened in surprise.

“Those humans in this village deserve to freeze already, their cruelty has gotten far, we protected these mountains for hundreds of years and when they came, they shook the daylights out of us, heavenly beings…”

“But that’s not for you to decide.” Heechul said firmly.

“Says who, my king?” the man smirked.  “They even hurt one of their own, as far as I’m concerned, they’re cruelty needs to end now. And of course I’ll be taking with them my little soul from 20 years ago.”

Heechul’s head snapped up in realization. “So that’s what this is all about, you’re taking Kyuhyun’s human?”

The man chuckled in a grave tone before meeting Heechul’s eyes. “Let’s not forget. I found him first before that little runt decided to crack for him.”

White dust once more enveloped the said man and the wind removed his robes and dissolve it to nothingness replacing it with a fur coat a normal human would wear the ground shook inevitably, seppens became unstable to the ground their standing. The storm outside the halls heightened violently.

The man’s plaid blonde hair billowed with the wind and with a wisp of snow disappeared from view.

**

Sungmin looked up as the bells of the library tingled signaling an incoming customer.

“Excuse me but we’re currently closed right now the storm outside is heavy can you please come back-“

Sungmin stopped speaking as soon as he saw the black haired man smiling warmly at him from over the counter, a feeling of familiarity and mystery hidden on that man’s eyes, it felt like he had seen him somewhere he just can’t pinpoint where and when.

“Hi, well…” the man started shyly looking outside before meeting Sungmin’s eyes again. “It’s snowing beautiful things outside but, I guess here is much better.” He smiled sincerely and the human’s heart gave a tiny jolt.

The stranger held out his hand reaching out for Sungmin who still was blindly stunned.

“I’m Jongwoon, you are?”

**

Kyuhyun curled up in a corner deciphering what had happened and what the hell will happen now, he hated his helplessness, he hated himself, he hated being someone who can’t even reach out for someone important to him.

He’s so into despair when he didn’t notice a seppen docking down to see him.

“Kyuhyun…”

The seppen looked up to meet the king who locked him up, face contorted into a worried frown.

“I’m sorry…” Heechul mouthed and the ice that barred Kyuhyun imprisoned melted to tiny droplets of frozen ice.

Kyuhyun, with uttermost difficulty looked up with a mixture of resent and disappointment towards their king. “Sungmin’s in danger all because of you, you locked me up here, do you think his obsession will stop if we say so?!”

The king looked away, pressing his lips together.

“Ready yourself…” he spoke after a few minutes of silence wherein Kyuhyun composed himself from being exhausted.

Heechul heaved a deep sigh and white dust enveloped the confused seppen of the storm, feeling his body softened and warmed by every flickered of the dust.

“Your embodying your human form.”

To be Continued

A/N: Sorry for the not so detailed update, I just brought out the main villain in our story, well surprise! Kyuhyun isn’t the only one there when Sungmin almost died 20 years ago, I hope you can catch up ^^ From here on, The story will take it’s pace ^_^