Dropping *07

When A Snowflake Drops

A/N: This chap has no I don't know why AFF put an automatic rating M on this chap.

 

A sudden push from the man he just saved was what Kyuhyun felt as he stumbled backwards wondering why Sungmin reacted that way towards him when he had not done anything to offend the human, at that instant he wanted to reveal to Sungmin what he really is and that somehow he had stay beside Sungmin all this time but he simply can’t.

Now he knew how hard the first rule of embodying a human is.

“Who are you and how did you know my name?” Sungmin flinched away, eyes widened in pure shock, clutching his coat closer to his body.

Kyuhyun was left speechless for a while, the frightened and accusing eyes of the human that he had once saved felt like something was stuck on his throat, he didn’t want Sungmin to be frightened by him, it was the least on the things he wanted but now that he appeared to become too familiar with a person who had never seen him in his entire existence, it was unfortunately inevitable.

“I-You’re quite popular, in the village?” that was his lame excuse and by the looks Sungmin gave him, the reason he came up with is very offending.

“Oh, I see.” Sungmin replied eyeing him with a glare before composing himself to stand up, brushing his coat in the process. “If you’d really have heard about me then you shouldn’t have helped me.”

The tone was deep and loathing that Kyuhyun immediately stood up to at least patch up the damage.

“I-It’s not like that, I mean-“ Sungmin looked at him uninterested. “I just heard a lot about you…”

“That’s the point, base on what I think you heard, it’s somehow close to me being a lunatic. Spare yourself from explaining, I wouldn’t care what the others or you think.” Sungmin spat at him and was about to walk away when he faced Kyuhyun’s shocked expression.

“Thank you, for being so kind as to save me, but I don’t need it.” Sungmin said pursing his lips. “You’re new around here I presume, so you better go back to your cottage, if you don’t you’ll catch a cold out here.”

“Wai-“ Kyuhyun called out but Sungmin looked at him annoyingly.

“Leave me alone.” Was what the smaller man said before walking ahead.

 

“Oooh, that’s harsh!”

Kyuhyun stepped a back at his sudden visitor, he didn’t even notice the other’s presence until he was standing near enough.

Jongwoon’s blonde hair billowed by the wind, a sinister grin plastered upon his face. “That’s very stupid of you Kyuhyun…”

“Shut up.” Kyuhyun replied in a poisonous tone.

Jongwoon on the other hand laughed at the hostility the other seppen is showing him. “So Kami went to desperate measures just to save the human? Really, why don’t you just give him up.”

“A strong wind lashed out followed by a pierced dancing of the falling snow. Jongwoon remained unfazed as the snowflake that passed him left a mark on his cheeks that has immediately started to bleed.

“Blood. I see, so we in our human forms are this vulnerable.” Kyuhyun said in a snide comment. “Listen well, seppen of the frosts, I’m here to protect Sungmin, I will not hand over an innocent human to your clasps.”

“So reliable.” Jongwoon smirked wiping of the blood that immediately healed. “But what is the real purpose as to why you would go to all this trouble for the human when his soul is originally mine, you see, Kyuhyun…”

Jongwoon leaned forward to make his voice darker than what he was previously saying. “Fate, already decided for his demise and you just kept interfering…”

A realization hit Kyuhyun that made him lounge forward clutching the other seppen on the collar of his cloak hoisting him menacingly. “It was you, the one who controlled the carriage, the one who made the horses run wild attacking Sungmin.”

Jongwoon sniggered. “How naïve, but yes. I’m the one responsible for that…”

“Bastard!” Kyuhyun growled fist raising with a amount of swirling, bluish energy wrapped around it, Kyuhyun’s eyes turning blue as he plunge a punch towards Jongwoon.

On the other hand, Jongwoon, knowing that he’ll be damaged to Kyuhyun’s empowered punch changed into his seppen form, gray eyes boring on to Kyuhyun who immediately widen their distance by sending himself backwards landing on his feet.

“.” Kyuhyun spat on the ground as he felt the frost bites on his other hand.

“Changing into seppen at will is indeed convenient don’t you think?” Jongwoon asked smugly. “I guess that privilege is deprived from you who always goes by the rules.”

“Our human bodies can’t handle extreme temperatures and using our powers as a seppen to the fullest required below freezing point, in that pathetic state, you won’t stand a chance against a seppen in his true form.”

“Tch! I don’t need to be in my seppen form to beat you.” Kyuhyun replied spitefully.

“Don’t be stupid Seppen of the Storm.” Jongwoon said. “We both know you do not stand a chance in your human form, especially against a seppen of my degree.”

“You’re no different than us, don’t think too highly of yourself.” Kyuhyun growled angrily at Jongwoon who chuckled darkly.

“Oh Kyuhyun, the mere fact that I can change to my seppen form and back to human form at will, is a huge difference in our degree.” Jongwoon scoffed freezing the ground he was standing on. “You will never stand a chance.”

A chill pass through Jongwoon’s eyes that turned gray once more.

“Let’s try then, how strong you are?” Kyuhyun’s eyes were impassive that dissolve into blue as soon as the wind slammed against the trees violently.

***

Sungmin looked up feeling a deep thump from beneath his chest as the strong wind clashed from outside the window. A loud bang from his front door startled him off his wits, making him nervous and agitated. His home is located at the end of the village near the mountains and no villager, in his right mind will go to this part of the village on this storm.

He took a block of wood from the fireplace’s supply, and walked towards the door cautiously, when a louder but proper knock echoed once more.

“Sungmin! Open this door now!”

The emergent familiar voice of the old man who took care of him made Sungmin hasten his steps towards the door, opening it to a site that left him momentarily speechless.

“Well don’t just stand there boy, help me!” the old man ordered to the stunned Sungmin, he didn’t know what exactly should he do, but he figured he could just help the older carry a bundle of coat, which revealed to be a tall lanky man, barely able to stand.

“Who’s he?” Sungmin asked wrapping the other arm of the stranger around his neck and directing their direction towards the bundle of cushion and blanket near the fireplace.

“That’s what I’m going to ask you.” The old man replied as they both settle the unconscious body on the blankets. “Make sure his head is elevated.”

Sungmin took another bundle of blanket, rolled it up to make an improvised pillow, raised the man’s head and place the bundle underneath it.

Sungmin gasped in shock, the stranger’s head is bleeding from 3 different cuts, blood trickling down the stranger’s familiar face.

Recognizing the wounded man Sungmin stepped back. “Why did he became like this?”

The older man looked at Sungmin. “So you knew him? I found him struggling towards your porch, I thought he’s just a drank youth from the village but he’s unfamiliar and the path he’s walking is stained by blood. Poor kid, he had a stab on his stomach, gashes on his legs and cuts on his head.”

“Hurry, get some towel and hot water, some bandages will do too, I know you have plenty of those…” The old man continued and Sungmin did what he asked.

He prepared what he always prepared when he came home mauled, though it was nothing good to get used to, he felt a tad bit thankful he had those things. He felt sorry for the stranger who just helped him earlier that day, he must’ve really been a tourist who became abused by the sick people in this town.

He came back to the old man who was utterly silent for quite a while now.

“Granpa, what is it?”

Sungmin peaked above the older man’s shoulder and there he found a strange sharp thing, full of blood but nonetheless recognizable. It was a huge shard on what appears to be a glass, but on closer look, it wasn’t a glass at all, because it was melting.

“Is that-“ Before Sungmin could finish his question the old man tossed the object to the fire.

“Leave those there, and go inside your room.” The old man said or more like commanded.

“But, I can help tend to-“

“Sungmin!” The grandpa looked sternly at Sungmin that made the latter flinched. “To your room, now.”

Sungmin obeyed, placing the first aid on the side of the stranger’s body who started showing signs of consciousness by flinching when the old man started to dab his wounds.

He slowly retreated to the other room and close the door, his curiosity was at its peak but at the same time he was confused, why does that thing found to be the one that pierced the stranger, melting.

A scream echoed through the living room that made Sungmin’s heart clenched, somehow something became painful inside him and unconsciously, droplets of tears unknowingly fell from his eyes.

He had never cried, not since. But why is he crying now?

To be Continued...

***

A/N: Banner’s up, it’s unprofessionally done so please bear with it ^^What do you think of the update, I think it’s a bit lacking but at least we could see some connections, more KyuMin next time (phew! Finally!)

A/N2: I don’t think I said it before, hmm. If you’re wondering about Yesung’s hourglass from the previous chaps well it has a use, he had plenty of those, one for each life, he turns it and it will serve as something like a time bomb, it deters how long will this certain person live. And I think I made a mistake of Yesung description in human form, he has jet black hair when he originally had ice blonde. Same goes for Kyuhyun who had dark blue almost black hair when he originally had gray-blue as a seppen. The eyes were a bonus kekekeke. It turns a different shade when they were using their abilities. Donghae’s eyes turns aqua and Sulli’s turns indigo when she’s predicting. Heechul’s eyes turned to green, and into slits, like a cat, the solstice (Hyukjae) has amber ones.