Dropping *02

When A Snowflake Drops

 

**

“You little brat…” the old man horsed voice swat his hands away from the wound on his face before returning to the cold water on a basin, rinsing the bloodied towel on his hand.

“It’s just a scratch, no need to get worked up…” Sungmin scoffed  as the old man came near him and dabbed his fresh wound quite harshly by the towel that he flinched with a low ‘ouch’ sounding more as a gasp.

“I told you, you don’t pick fights, and if they want to fight you then just ran here…” the old man inquired to him worried plastered on his face. “Look at you…”

Sungmin smiled slightly seeing the concern of the older man. “I’m fine… it’s not like I’ve been mauled for the first time, I’m quite used to it by now…”

The old man stopped as he wiped a single drop of sweat from Sungmin’s forehead cupping the younger’s face with his warm calloused hand. “My son, no matter how hard you insist on telling me that it doesn’t hurt anymore… no one can be used to any kind of pain.” The old man tapped Sungmin’s cheek before he dabbed the towel on a cut on the younger’s eyebrow. “You have beautiful face… a face of an angel… don’t destroy it with these nasty cuts.”

Sungmin sighed and embrace the old man. “Thank you… for taking good care of me.” He said before taking the towel from the man and dabbing it to the wounds himself. “I’ll be on the attic fixing the books there…” he said before bidding the man goodbye.

He climbed a flight of wooden stairs and open a small door with another set of landing towards an almost dark, low ceiling room, he clicked on the light and open the small window letting the spring air came in. He sat on the carpeted floor and pulled on a book to his lap. Still dabbing on the wounds he saw himself on a small mirror.

A tear drop almost fell from his eyes but he wiped it away, examining the cut he had just acquired. “I don’t deserve this…” he muttered blankly as he looked straight to his iris brown eyes, to the pale pinkish cheeks and to his lips. Does he really look like an angel? He laughed at the thought and a subtle wind entered the room, as if replying to his question. He flashed a rare smile and begun reading.

**

Kyuhyun looked at the man who’s face all bruised, with cuts, slightly bloodied and was staring back at the mirror. Sungmin can’t see him but he was right there looking straight into the honeyed hair brunette. “Why do you let yourself be hurt like that?” Kyuhyun asked the young man but the other can’t see him, nor can he hear him.

It was pissing Kyuhyun off. He saw how the villagers treated the young man for the past years, the kid often came to the cave limping or bleeding, or pale and hungry, but they were not allowed to interfere, Kami Ul once broke the rule and went to heal a broken rib while the human was sleeping, but he is the supreme leader of all seppens, of course he can do that, though they didn’t fail to see a small crack on the seppen leader’s body. When they ask he said it doesn’t hurt and it was just a scar, but based on the slight wincing of the god of snow, it really does. They all felt sorry for the human and he hated that they can’t do anything.

And now, the incident was done before his very eyes, he was following the young man ever since he went out of the cave, seeing that Sungmin could go home unharmed but what he didn’t expect is that villagers go at him, those lowly pesky kids who knew nothing about the other.

Sungmin shifted to read placing his aching back on a soft cushion of pillow, he looked up and stare straight into Kyuhyun’s eyes. The seppen was taken aback a little bit but he chose not to look away from the human’s gaze.

“The old man is right, Sungmin. You have a very beautiful face…” Kyuhyun muttered and as soon as the words left him, a shot of electricity excruciatingly crawl to his body he docked and gasped forward as a soft hum ring through his ears.

“as I bind myself to you…”

He clutched his head and Sungmin was startled, blinking his eyes confusedly looking around the room for something but he can’t pinpoint what. He looked back at the spot where Kyuhyun is writhing; the seppen looked at Sungmin for the last time before he disappeared leaving only traces of snow dusts.

**

He landed on the outside of the cave and the feeling gradually dissipated leaving him gaping and panting at the same time. ‘What was that?’ was his immediate question to himself. That voice that keeps humming to his ear, he can’t decipher what it meant and what’s it’s significance. He remembered Sungmin’s searching eyes before he left, ‘is the human able to somewhat sense his presence?’

The pain was slowly fading away except for a small area on his chest, he had this questioning look on his eyes, he opened the button of his coat, followed by his undershirt and he saw a faint but visible crack, continued to the one he accumulated 20 years ago. But he didn’t do anything to help the man, he just stared into his eyes. Why is there a crack?

“Big brother?”

Kyuhyun looked up and he saw a small seppen girl wearing white robes lined with evening blue patterns. The older man looked up to the girl and show her a smile.

“Sulli, what are you doing here?” he asked the girl regaining his composure. He pulled the girl and hold her shoulders at arms length.

Kami Ul sent me here, he said you might be in trouble.” Sulli smiled sweetly.

“I’m fine…” Kyuhyun dismissed the worry on the girl’s brow. “Kami Ul’s just over reacting… do you want to go back?”

“Big brother…” Sulli called his attention and place her small hands on either side of Kyuhyun’s cheek. “I can see something…”

Kyuhyun looked at the girl in question. He knew that this child is special, because she’s the only seppen who can see the future, her ability is that of a wind, the one who brings fort the changes of the season. Maybe Sulli had seen something that’s why Heechul asked her to see Kyuhyun.

A small blew of wind and the girl’s eyes reverted from brown to gray blue she opened at first like a whisper, hardly decipherable but it changed to something more coherent.

 “Tonight let me swear my life…”

Kyuhyun looked up to the familiar words spoken by the child.

“and bind myself to you…”

Kyuhyun was knocked off on his feet, he felt something tore within him. It doesn’t hurt but it was an odd warmth. Nothing he ever felt before he looked up at the little girl panting heavily to her vision, her eyes reverted back to being brown.

“What did you see Sulli…” Kyuhyun asked afraid at the same time curious of the answer. The little girl pouted and her lips shake as if she was about to cry.

“Big brother… our human…”

Kyuhyun heard the last word and it feels as if the earth shut down on him. He was never expecting this, he was never going to allow this.

**

Sungmin closed his eyes and slump to bed after a long day of hard work, his head were aching and his body felt swollen, recalling the event of the day where he became a punching bag yet again, he groaned in annoyance. He shifted and remembers something odd.

At the library he felt someone was with him, it was cold but it didn’t felt scary, it felt somewhat familiar, like he had felt that before. He kept thinking that maybe that was a seppen watching over him and he felt somewhat happy inside, if that was a seppen then maybe they were really protecting him. It was the same feeling he had when he was on the cave, a feeling of someone watching over him from just mere meters away but he can’t see them.

“Hey… why won’t you show yourselves huh?” he muttered to nothingness and a feel of the cold spring air blew from his window.

“Would you take me away?” he whispered lowly almost just a passing breath and another cold wind passed. Sighing he shrugged his stupidity and was about to lay down when he felt it again, the presence he felt since this morning, he bolted right up and he saw a pile of snow on the floor, fixed on the middle.

“You’re here?” Sungmin crawled out of bed towards the floor.

“Yes…” Kyuhyun muttered sitting across the now amused Sungmin, touching the small pile of snow with his hand not entirely hearing Kyuhyun who’s smiling at the simple magic he was using to please Sungmin. Though mauled and has a few bruises and cuts, though the other was always frowning and using such a hard façade in front of everyone, though the human can’t see him. He felt happy.

“Are you really showing me that you exist huh… it took you long enough…” Sungmin giggled, a sound he himself didn’t know he can produce.

“It’s because you look sad…” Kyuhyun responded his eyes turning a glint of blue as it always does when Seppens used their powers, before flicking a finger as a small rabbit took form of a silhouette made of ice and jumped across the room.

Sungmin gasped clapping his hand against his mouth and the rabbit jumped in front of him and shattered through bits of a snowflake.

The magic disappeared as fast as it came and in the chaos of the falling snowflake Sungmin caught a glimpse of deep blue eyes.

Kyuhyun stared straight at Sungmin’s eyes that somehow looked at him like he could actually see him.

“I hope you can show yourself to me…” Sungmin sighed reaching out towards nothing but to Kyuhyun who froze when those hands grazed over his cheeks, his eyes widening at the warmth the human’s finger emitted.

The human withdrew his finger and placed it in his lap; a sad smile drew up to his lips as he stood up and went back to bed, still not saying anything.

“Good night.” Sungmin muttered turning his back on Kyuhyun who just stared blankly at him, trying to figure out the tossing of sensations on his heart that is surely made of ice.

**

“Right here…”

“No! There, there…”

“Oh- It doesn’t belong there, it looks really disturbing… move it here again.”

“This is boring!” Donghae cursed waddling his dangling feet from the top of the tree, in what appears to be a glass house, where plants grew inside leisurely. He was currently accompanying a very disturb man who ordered around his attendants with no worries, by attendants Donghae means a feet tall creatures wearing a bright yellow jumpers and elfish hats.

“Solstice, please just decide…” Donghae sighed catching the attention of the slim man who prefers to be topless in the middle of spring to the reason that he was too hot already.

“Donghae, decide for me, whatever you like will suit this house the best…” the man smiled his signature gummy smile and Donghae responded with rolling of his eyes.

“Please place it on Hyuk’s hand, let him do the honors of lifting those heavy trees…” the seppen suggested to the attendants who’s clearly exhausted and the solstice pouted snapping his fingers and the tree disappeared, the attendants sighing in relief.

“You’re too cute when bored…” Hyukjae smiled looking up to the seppen who chuckled in confidence.

The seppen clapped his hands as droplets of snowfall from inside the glass house making the flower buds bloom in an instant.

 “And your highness’ presence… is too annoying for me.”

 

To Be Continued

 

A/N: Incoherency at its finest >.

P.S. Do you like the side pairing? Hyuk’s on par with Chullie’s rank so Donghae called him ‘Your Highness’ just in case you got confused…

P.S. 2 for those who already watched ‘The Rise of the Guardians’ and found some similarities, I without a doubt get the idea from it, well the character descriptions at least, it’s because ‘Jack Frost’ looks a lot like Kyu~