Leaving

The Words I Never Said

Mae Rae's P.O.V.

 

"Minho!" I said running towards him.

Ever since I had told him I liked him we have been going out. Now, we have already graduated and are planning our futures together.

Compared to other relationships ours is rather slow. We hold hands, hug, and tell each other we like each other, but that is about all. I guess we are being careful so nothing bad will happen to us.

"Minho, Key told me you needed to see me." I looked up to look at his beautiful brown eyes. I cant tell you how many times I have been lost in them.

"Mae Rae...... this is hard to say, but you will find out sooner or later." He sounded lost in his own words. I studied his eyes, and his eyes looked as if he was saying sorry.

"Minho? What is happening?"

"Mae Rae, Jonghyun, Onew, Key, Taemin, and I got scouted when we did a singing contest. We are going to debut. I'm sorry Mae Rae but I probably wont see you until 3 years, but I am not even sure about that."

Tears were formed in my eyes. He was leaving me?

"I will wait for you." I said fighting back my tears.

"No Mae Rae. I don't want you waiting for something that may never even happen." He paused before continuing, as if he will regret the next thing he is going to say, "Mae Rae, I want you to move on."

Those words stabbed me deep in my heart. I never wanted to hear them, but here I am listening to the words I never wanted to hear.

"I am leaving tomorrow. I would like it if you came to say goodbye one last time before I go."

I couldn't help it anymore as the tears started flowing out of my eyes.

Minho pulled me into a hug.

We stood there until I stooped, and by the time I stopped crying there was a mark from where my tears landed on his shirt.

"I have to go pack now. I'll see you tomorrow." He said and then walked to his car.

I can't believe I received this news at the place where we had our first date as a fake couple.

I sat on the swing he pushed me on when had the date.

All the memories we made together will now make me sad whenever I think of them.

I walked home since I live only a few blocks away.

When I got home I walked straight to my room and laid down in my bed.

I thought he was going to surprise me with a moonlight picnic and he would finally hear the words I have been waiting to hear.

I Love You.

Instead of that I got news that he will be leaving tomorrow, and I wont see him until 3 years, possibly.

I heard a knock on my door followed by my Mom's voice, "Are you going to eat?"

"I'm not hungry." I said monotoned.

I can't eat when I am sad.

The only thing I did was cry all night.

It was my first time crying myself to sleep.

 

✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾

 

When I woke up there was a pain in my chest from crying.

Slowly sitting up on the edge of the bed with my feet hanging off the sides, I thought about going to say goodbye to Minho.

As much as I didn't want to say goodbye I had to.

I got up and walked over to my mirror staring at my reflection.

My eyes were all red and puffy, and I had dark circles under them. I looked like a giant mess.

I went in the bathroom across the hall and started getting ready.

First, I brushed my knotted hair until it looked semi okay.

Then, I brushed my teeth.

Lastly, I covered up all the spots on my face that showed how much I cried last night.

The last thing I want him to do is worry about me.

I put on a black sundress covered in different types of pink flowers, black boots that go up to my ankles, heart earrings, and the necklace Minho got for me for graduation. The necklace is a purple stone held by two silver lines.

You may think I overdressed for this, but I just want to show him that I will be fine, and the only way I know how to show him is to wear fancier clothes than I usually wear.

After looking in the full body mirror and letting out a sigh I headed to my car.

Before I got in the car I paused to think if I should really go to the airport to say goodbye.

I have to. I can't just not show up. He is my boyfriend, and soon to be ex-boyfriend.

Before I could regret the decision I got in the car and drove to the airport.

Driving helped me forget about everything for a few minutes because I was concentrating on driving.

I had almost forgotten about everything until I got to the airport.

The time has come to see him leave.

It took everything I had to force myself to walk in there and look for him.

Part of me wanted to run to him and beg him to stay, and part of me wanted to yell at him and cry.

I know that it wasn't his fault he got scouted. I am glad he followed his dream, but I don't want him to leave.

After looking around for a while I finally found him.

Actually seeing him made each step I took even more difficult than before.

He was looking through the crowd of people trying to find me, and when he spotted me a smile formed on his face.

He jogged over to where I was.

This is it.

He really is leaving.

 

A/N:

I put up this first chapter. Please tell me what you think because it helps me feel confident in my writing.

Also, do you think that I should make a separate story for Jonghyun, because a lot of people wanted the sequel to be about, or every few chapters put him in so his story is inside this story. A story inside of a story thats like inception.

Please don't say do whatever you want because I don't know what to do.

Thank you for reading/Subbing/Commenting!!