Side Story #1

The Trickster's Ways In Fooling Oh Sehun

A/N: Hi guys! Just wanted you to know that this chapter will be a side story. Which means, this won't be related to the story. I haven't finished chapter six, so... sorry T___T Also, I've been dying to make a side story for days now! I was planning on making another version of this story, but without an exact plot. If you watch anime or read manga, you'd probably know what slice of life means. ANYWAYS, let's start the side story, shall we?


Side Story # 1: Siblings

"Ji Ara-ah, meet your two brothers," Ji Ara's dad said, softly pushing her towards the two little boys, around the same age as her. She looked at them, then glanced back at her dad. 

"Appa! They don't look like me, at all!" she pouted. Little Ji Ara pointed the two. "He has big eyes, and he has dark skin!"

The boy with big eyes, known as Kyung Soo, turned red and looked down. While the dark-skinned young boy glared at her. "Yah! Don't be so mean to us, ugly!" he coldly said and gritted his teeth.

The woman, probably the two boys' mother, pulled them backwards. "Jong In, stop it! Don't be like that to Ji Ara-ah," she said.

"Eomma," Jong In glanced at his mother. "I don't like her! She's bad to Kyung Soo!" 

His mother & Ji Ara's dad looked at each other and sighed.

 

Lazily, Ji Ara sat on the couch while eating ice cream and watching tv. She wore a white shirt and red sweat pants. Her brown hair was tied in a ponytail. 

It was the usual summer day for her. She somehow hated days like these, as she preferred the winter season more. Ji Ara was born in the middle of the december, so she was used to the cold weather. 

Hot days like this is better with ice cream and a series marathon, right? She didn't have to worry about the house work, anyways. Her younger brother, Kyung Soo was more responsible and knows more in cleaning. She had so many free time on her hands.

Her older brother walked inside the living room, holding a big box. He placed it beside the couch and sat on the ground. 

Ji Ara glanced at the box. "What's that?" she asked, eating a spoonful of ice cream.

"Well, it's a obviously a box, my curious little sister."

She rolled her eyes. "You don't have to give me a sarcastic answer, Jong In. I mean what's inside it?"

"Just things." he replied while opening it.

"What things? Guns, perhaps?" 

"I don't think anybody in our family would be crazy enough to have guns." 

The younger girl chuckled. "Right. Anyways, can I see it?"

Jong In nodded. 

Photographs started to fall down the box. He put the box away. Ji Ara placed her ice cream cup on the table and went to sit beside Jong In, looking at the pictures.

"Oh, I remember these!" Ji Ara said and took a picture.

The picture had Ji Ara, Kyung Soo, and Jong In, but younger. Ji Ara had ice cream all over her face, and the two boys were laughing at her. The girl only grinned at the camera, not paying attention to the laughing two. It looked like they were in an amusement park.

"We were in lotte world, I think," Jong In said, and chuckled. "you look like an idiot here!"

The girl groaned, annoyed. "Shut up," she took a photo and laughed. "wow, guess I wasn't the only one who looks like an idiot?" Ji Ara smirked.

The photo that Ji Ara was holding contains a young Jong In crying beside Ji Ara. Ji Ara, on the other hand, was laughing at him mockingly. 

"Hey, I was traumatized when you made me watch that stupid horror movie!" 

"You mean The Grudge? Hey, it was a good movie." she said and stuck her tongue out at him.

"A good gory movie? You're sick." 

"Why thank you," Ji Ara sarcastically replied.

The older boy rolled his eyes. He continued to looked at the messy pictures. 

"You do know that Kyung Soo will get mad after seeing this mess?" Ji Ara said.

"Pssh," he smirked. "so what?"

"Yeah, so what?" The two turned around, only to see a not-so happy Kyung Soo, arms folded on his chest. "Care to explain what this mess is, hyung and noona?" 

"Oh, hey, lil' bro. We're just.. looking for something?" 

"From this pile of old photos? Yeah, sure." the younger sighed. His attention caught a photo, which had the three of them, standing infront of their house. Kyung Soo chuckled.

Confused, Ji Ara and Jong In looked at each other. "What's so funny?" 

Kyung Soo showed the photo to his siblings. "Do you guys still remember this?"

Ji Ara took the photo and looked at it. A smile changed her puzzled face. "Our first day, huh?"

"Ah, memories. This crappy photo is really nostalgic, no?" Jong In said and rested his back on the couch. "Our first time to live in this house, and our first time to meet."

 

"Ji Ara's appa and Kyung Soo & Jong In's eomma will marry, okay? So you three will be siblings, from now on. Take care of each other, and don't fight, arasseo?" the woman said.

"T-then.." Kyung Soo innocently grabbed Ji Ara's hand. "you're my noona?"

Ji Ara smiled and nodded. She grabbed both his hands and shook it. "I'm you're noona from now on, okay!? Let's play together!" she happily said.

"Ehem," Jong In fakely coughed, his hands tucked on his pockets. "I'm your oppa from now on, Ji Ara-ah." he smirked.

The girl pouted. "Yah! If you want to be my oppa, be nice! And buy me ice cream!" 

"Alright, alright, princess, sheesh, you're bratty!" Jong In replied.

Their parents lightly chuckled. Ji Ara glanced at them and pouted. "Yah~! Don't laugh at me!" she said.

Their mother patted her head. "Be a good little sister to your Jong In oppa, okay?" 

"Yeah, and call me oppa." Jong In said.

"Eew, you sound like a pedo!" 

His face turned bright red. "I-i'm not a pedo! Where did you learn that from!?" he said.

Ji Ara stuck her tongue out at him. "Bleh~! Pedo!" she said and hid behind Kyung Soo's back. 

"W-wha?" Kyung Soo said, his eyes widening.

"Yah, Kyung Soo! You're teaming up with that weird girl!? I'm your hyung!" Jong In gritted his teeth.

"Don't listen to that pedo, Kyung Soo! I'm your noona, do what I say!" she said and grinned at him.

Jong In ran towards Ji Ara, and started to chase her. Kyung Soo kept telling them to stop, but fail anyways. Their parents watched them as they played with each other, already becoming like siblings.

 

Ji Ara and Jong In looked at the photos and laughed whenever they do something funny or have weird faces. Kyung Soo watched them and chuckled. "They're meant to be siblings," he mumbled to himself.

The phone rang, and Kyung Soo answered it, "Annyeonghaseyo?" he asked.

"Kyung Soo! It's me, your dad~" 

"Oh, appa. How are you guys doing there at California?" Kyung Soo asked, a smile brought to his face.

"We're doin' super fine! How are you three? Been crazy as usual?"

Kyung Soo turned around to glance at his two laughing siblings. "Yep. Crazy as usual."

His dad chuckled. "That's a relief. Take good care of  your hyung and noona, alright, Kyung Soo?"

"I've been doing that for years now, dad. I don't think I'll have any problems with them." he smiled once again.

"Okay, better go now. Your mom's waiting for me. Bye kid~" his dad said and hung up.

"Dad's still crazy like Jong In hyung and Ji Ara noona." he chuckled to himself. 

"Even though me & hyung aren't really blood-related to Ji Ara noona, we still feel as if we really are.." Kyung Soo thought.