❝ the seventh chapter ❞

❝ ᴛsᴍ ʙᴇᴀᴄʜ ❞「 welcome! enjoy your stay! 」
Please log in to read the full chapter
June 5, 2013 ❝ rainy days – part two ❞ ❀❀❀❀❀❀ * absolutely nobody expected this weather *   Front desk of TSM Hotel – 1:23 PM
“Yongguk–”

“Yes, sir! … Er, ma’am.”

Sunli simply raises a brow at the man before turning to the shorter man next to him. “And Suho.”

“Yeah?”

“I need you two to teach a lesson or two to my sister. You’ll each be paid extra for doing me this favor.”


  Room 2402 – Thirty minutes later  –
Eunmi sits in her suite room on the couch, Luhan and Lay accompanying her on either side for reasons unknown while Yongguk and Suho stand in front of them with a white board between them. She gives each man a questioning glance before hearing knocks on the door and Luhan goes to answer it.

“Sunli told me to come up here instead of bothering her.”

The others look at a fresh-faced Jihoon after a shower, confused, before Suho claps his hands excitedly. “Okay! So, our first lesson of the day is reading Korean!”

Eunmi, Jihoon, and Luhan give the man looks. Lay looks genuinely interested as Yongguk starts writing on the board. After a few silent seconds, Eunmi frowns. “What the hell, guys? We can all read Korean decently well. Jihoon and I are Korean for goodness’ sake.”

“And I am advanced in the Korean language,” Luhan adds on, easily reading what’s on the board. “‘Sunli is making us do this…’” He looks to the others shocked, “What?”

Yongguk shrugs, “Apparently Eunmi here read the bank statements wrong and we’re actually rolling in dough, not barely treading in… water? It?”

“What?” Luhan gasps out, looking next to Eunmi who’s looking terribly confused, “So, we’re actually rich this summer?”

“When were we ever in debt?” Lay questions back, looking to his own girlfriend confused, “What are you guys talking about?”

“And that brings us to our next lesson!” Suho happily says, erasing Yongguk’s message to write his own, “Reading Korean numbers correctly!”

“‘We’re also getting a raise… for teaching Eunmi these essential… stuff…?’” Jihoon reads out before looking to the two ‘teachers’ equally confused, “Then why am I here?”

“We don’t know, but we gettin’ extra dough!”

“Then our lesson after this,” Suho continues on, erasing his message to write what’s coming next, “Is about helping humanity.”

“‘Please – ’”

“Basically, dudes and Eunmi,” Yongguk interrupts Lay, giving him an apologetic smile when he pouts, “Can we just watch TV or something and say we showed Eunmi how to function like a better adult?”

“Hey!”

“As long as Jihoon says nothing about it,” Luhan counters back as he pushes Eunmi away from him to fall over onto Lay’s lap, “This one is dumb.”

“Hey!”

“So,” Suho concludes with another clap, “We have learned how to help humanity and are currently putting our lesson to good use! Good job, guys!”

“You guys .”

Luhan just glared at his friend, “Well. You’re the idiot.”


  Ballroom 1, Temporary Atlantis – 1:52 PM
“You’re really handsome, oppa.”

Kris laughs shyly, red infusing his cheeks as he balances himself on the balls of his feet, opening his arms wide only to be knocked down by the little girl who runs into his arms. “Thank you,” he chuckles out, earning himself a kiss on the cheek.

“Thank you for winning me the animal too!”

“Of course, Chohee.”

He receives another kiss on the cheek before the girl goes off to CNU who’s currently trying to wrestle himself out of a toy snake with Jonghyun’s help. Her mother just laughs at what’s going on all around them.

“Brought to your knees by a little girl.”

“Oh shut up, Jongdae,” Kris retaliates, standing up to his full height to glare down at the man standing feet away from him with a cheeky smile in place, “What are you even doing here?”

Jongdae just laughs in return, cupping his hands around his eyes to search the large ballroom. “I’m here for my daily amount of bromance. Where’s my man?”

“Obviously not here.”

Jongdae pouts as he drops his hands to his sides. “Well that’s disappointing.” He shifts his gaze to the taller man. “You disappoint me, Fanfan.”

Kris rolls his eyes and waves a dismissive hand in the air. “Go find your boyfriend.”

The words cause Jongdae to perk up again, quickly leaving the man’s booth to go over to the next one and help CNU out of that snake… oh. It’s a bear now. “Okay, Fanfan! See you later! That’s weird…”

Kris doesn’t have enough time to question the smaller man because he’s curling over in pain on the ground from a small child running into him, head-on. And then he hears Minho’s voice.

“Yoogeun! You need to stop doing that!”


  Ballroom 2, Temporary 5 Feathers and a Starfish Restaurant – 2:55 PM
“So, as I was lying there contemplating life, this woman walks in and I swear I was suddenly transported to heaven or something.”

Minhee simply stares at Baekhyun sitting across from her. “Okay,” she slowly says, trying to understand what the man was telling her and the other at their table.

“Seriously,” Baekhyun continues on, playing with the leftover icing from his cupcake on his plate, “I think she’s perfect, but she hasn’t returned to TSM yet, and I feel like I lost all chances at having true love.”

Haneul nods knowingly, popping in a small cookie into . “Tell me more. Did you get her name from last summer?”

“Where were you even at?” Minhee goes on, still trying to comprehend this out-of-nowhere story, “Are you sure you just had water today?”

Baekhyun gives the girl a look. “I know when I’m drunk, and to be completely honest – I am.”

“Wait, excuse me?”

Baekhyun gives her a cheeky grin and a wink before he sings out his response. “Drunk… In love~” Then he turns to Haneul. “Anyways, yeah. I managed to get her name after I found out she’s friends with Amber and Key too.”

“Go on,” Haneul responds back with a smile.

“And her name is Taeyeon!”

“Taeyeon?!” Haneul questions back in shock.

The smile on Baekhyun’s face doesn’t fade. “Kim Taeyeon, the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes –”

“She’s my best friend!”

“What?!”

“I didn’t know you knew my best friend!”

“I didn’t– Haneul, you really know her?!”

Instead of a look of disgust some people would have on their face, there was a look of sparkles and pleasant shock on Haneul’s face. “Where were you again when you first met her?”

Baekhyun stops reminiscing the past briefly to look back at his friend across from him. It takes him a minute before the bright smile is back on his face. “I was lying down in Pleasure Pier! I think on the counter?” he frowns at the memory, “Although, I really don’t know why I was on there. Jongin would probably know, or Key since he was probably giving me a strange look… and then Taeyeon comes in –”

Minhee sighs as she leans her cheek against her hand, eyeing the two people next to her, mumbling out, “This is getting pretty weird pretty fast.” She tries to tune out their talking to look over and see Jongin hunched over, scribbling something in a notebook before pushing it away to take out his cell phone and look through it instead. She watches him for another minute before tuning back into the conversation going on next to her again.

“Right? We somewhat look like each other,” Haneul says happily, “We used to play pranks on our other friends all the time.”

“I guess?” Baekhyun answers back, tilting his head to the side, “But she’s like a goddess. I guess you’d be like a princess. One who can tell fortunes and everything… Maybe you’d be the princess everyone’s trying to kill.”

Minhee really doesn’t think she tuned out of their conversation that long.


  Room 2103 – 2:22 PM
Tao watches as Jongup carefully brings a cup of steaming hot ramen to Meilin in bed, television to a suitable volume level and favorite show, and he feels useless. Poor Meilin is still sneezing and grabbing as many tissues as she can and Tao gets the next full box of tissues near him to bring them and set it down next to her in bed.

“Thank you,” she mumbles back in Chinese, the other two men giving her a small smile before Jongup takes a seat in the available plush chair next to the bed and Tao gently makes himself comfortable on the edge of the bed.

The other two watch her quietly for a few seconds before Jongup suddenly gets up and when Tao follows after him, the man is simply getting the sick girl a bottle of water from the mini-fridge in the room. He feels like a third wheel.

“Are you okay here, little Mei?” he suddenly questions, going back to the other to see her sipping on some of the ramen soup. He waits patiently as she swallows and winces before giving him a nod.

“I’ll be okay, ge. I’m not that sick.”

Tao has to give her a look, simply because her nose is already red and her eyes are watery, but he sighs in defeat at seeing Jongup looking at each of them confused, not really understanding Chinese. “Don’t leave her alone, okay?” he asks of the other in Korean, and Jongup nods immediately, bright smile in place.

“Of course!”

“Come back soon, ge!” Meilin calls out just as Tao gives her a smile and a wave before leaving the room. And once he steps outside, he really doesn’t know where to go from there. So he does the only thing he can think of in such a dire situation.

He pulls out his cell phone and holds down speed dial 1.

It takes a few seconds.

“Not now, Tao! I’m pissed off!”

Tao heaves a tired sigh at the greeting before walking down towards the elevators. “Oh Sehun,” he replies back.

“You’re pissed off?! Excuse me, princess!”

“Hello to you too, Minhi.” He should’ve known.

“Of course I’m pissed off! You took my slice of cake!”

“It was just sitting there being untouched!”

“So, Oh Sehun,” Tao continues on, trying to ignore the yelling in his ear, “Where are you?”

“I was getting a fork, you little –”

“Are you seriously going to go there, you ?!”

“Because I was being the third wheel to Meilin and Jongup –”

“Minhi!”

“Sedumb!”

“And I figured being the third wheel to you and your little spitfire half is better than Meilin and her little weird cute half.” Tao finally finishes, entering the elevator and pushing the star button to bring him down to the ground floor. “Hey, Sehunnie. You listening to me?”

“Go get me another slice!”

“No!”

Tao groans in annoyance as he watches the numbers light up one by one at the top of the doors.

“Jongin!”

“Don’t drag poor Jongin into this!”

“Like you care!”

“Oi!” Tao suddenly yells, hearing a sudden eerie moment of silence in response from the other end, before screeching in Mandarin. “Wu Shixun! Are you listening to me?!”

“Yes!” Sehun immediately responds back, spitting out
Please log in to read the full chapter