Chapter 9

Beautiful Desires

Youngbae’s POV

Me and Seungri were waiting for Chaerin and Bommie to arrive at Starbucks to break our news to them.

‘Hyung, I’m kind of nervous about what may happen after we tell them the news’

‘You’re not alone dongsaeng. You’re not alone…’ I mumbled while taking glances behind me to look at the door wondering what took the girls so long to get here.

‘Yah hyung, lets play poker, loser will be the one who breaks the news’ taking out a pack of cards from his pocket.

I grinned at him ‘You’re on! Man the best man win.’

Seungri handed out the cards one by one and it felt like it took him forever to pass out the cards. ‘Yah, hurry up you slow tortoise’

‘I’m not a tortoise! It’s called building tension’ he slyly smirked at me while he picked up his cards.

‘What’s with that sneaky look on your face, you rat’

‘Aiish hyung, whats with all the name calling’

‘Well…for one, it suits you’

‘Keke, whatever hyung, but looks like you’ll be the one breaking the news’

There it laid right on the table, a flush. ‘Seungri ah Seungri, hate to break it to you…but I won’t be the one doing the job’ I then showed him my hand of royal flush.

Covering his face in astonishment, Seungri shouted ‘WHAT?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…Hyungg..please please please..don’t let- OW’ I looked up to see what made Seungri shout in pain. Standing next to him was Chaerin pinching his ear, behind her was Bommie.

‘Yah you dumb cat! Let go of my ear..It hurts!!’

‘Yah! You made us come here to find out what you both wanted to tell us and here you are playing cards?!’

‘Aishh!! We were bored waiting for you two!’

‘Whatever~’ Chaerin rolled her eyes and sat opposite to Seungri and me with Bom next to her.

‘Here you go’ I said while passing the drinks to both Chaerin and Bom,

Bom crossed her arms and stared at me clearly still unhappy ‘So, what’s so important that you couldn’t tell us this morning?’

‘Well…..uh…’ I was lost for words as I was too busy thinking what to say and not make her even more angry. I nudged Seungri to motion him to break the news. In which, Seungri just looked at me with a scared look.

‘Well? Which one of you will be the one to tell us?’ Chaerin said.

‘Ok…I’ll tell, but you both have to promise us that you’ll understand’ I said to them both.

‘Aishh! What is it that you both of hiding already?!’ Bommie said in an annoyed tone.

‘Here’s the thing, yesterday-‘ I was cut off by Seungri ‘Yesterdaytherewasthisguywhoaskedustojoinhisdancecompanyandwebothdecidedtogo’ he said in one breath. Leaving me staring at his outburst.

‘Huh?!’ both girls said together. ‘Could you at least slow down and make sense’ Chaerin added.

‘When we were at the dance studio, we were approached by this guy who asked us to join his dance company. And you both know how we had dance practice every day during the holidays. Me and Seungri discussed about it after the guy left. So…well…We decided to take up the offer, and we won’t be in school anymore.’ I was looking down while telling the girls, afraid to meet their gaze. After awhile, the sound of a chair being pushed back could be heard. I looked up and saw Bom leaving the café. Chaerin was still sitting down there in a daze, with left hanging slightly open. I quickly ran after Bom to talk to her before it was too late.

 

Chaerin’s POV

Just right after Youngbae told us what was going on. I couldn’t find any words to say. I didn’t know if I should be happy for both of them. Or upset that they didn’t tell us right when they got the news. I felt Bommie leave my side without a word. She must be really mad and upset.

I looked at Seungri who was sitting there looking back at me with this worried expression.

'So, this was what you both were hiding?' I stared at him. 'Why didn't you tell me yesterday when we were messaging?' he didn't answer me and just looked away.

'YAH! Answer me!'

'Because I wouldn't know how you would react to the news.' he mumbled, barely audible but I managed to hear it. I got up and took the seat next to him and turned him around to face me.

'Really?! Is that the only excuse you can come up with?!' I was angry, I couldn't take it any longer. All he had to do was tell me that he wanted to think it through first and talk to me to decide what to do. But no. He just sat there looking at me with an expression I can hardly read. I slapped him across the face. 'Yah! I'm not sitting here just for you to look at me!'

'Look, I thought you would understand what I wanted. After all the years of performing on stage in school and going for dancing competition, I thought you knew. You were always there in the crowd supporting me, but now?! When I get an offer, here you are, questioning me.' he suddenly burst at me. He was right, I was the one who supported him to chase after his dreams to dance when his parents didn't. I was the one who sat in the park watching him practice for competitions. But I was angry, because he didn't share it with me first and I couldn't let it go.

'I was expecting you to let me be the first one you discuss this with since I'm always the one supporting you. And here you are telling me that you have already decided. Do you even know how I feel?!'

'Do you even know how I feel about you being this way to me?!' he retorted back.

'YAH..I'm disappointed, I'm angry, I'm upset. I'm your girlfriend. Or did you forget that?'

'Right now? I think you're plain annoying Chaerin'

I stared at him in disbelief 'I-i'm annoying aren't I? Contact me when you feel that I'm less annoying then' I stood up and left him there.