Chapter 12

Beautiful Desires

A week passed since the breakup between Chaerin/Seungri and Bom/Youngbae. The breakup caused friendships and hearts to be broken. But despite the heartbreaks, new friendships are expected to form. Well, sort of.

Chaerin’s POV

I was lazing around on my bed, fighting the urge of skipping school. I grabbed my phone to check the time, it was 5:30am in the morning. ‘Why did I wake up at this hour?!’ I groaned out load. Stretching myself while lying down, I turned to my side and looked out my window.  Mmm, getting up this early isn’t that bad. The sun was slowly rising, lighting up the sky bit by bit. Rays of light blue and orange lit up the sky, making the sky more radiant as the sun slowly rose higher and higher. I closed my eyes and hugged my Rilakkuma closer.I hope today would be beautiful as beautiful as the morning sun which greeted me.

I stretched again and got out of bed to slowly get ready for school. After getting ready, I headed down to a smell of toast which my maid was placing on the dining table.

‘Good morning, Chaerin-shi’

‘Morning Jae!’ I took a piece of french toast from the plate and munched on it.

‘Chaerin-shi, is in a very good mood today’

‘Keke, today is going to be a great day! Don’t you think so Jae?’

‘Of course it would be’

‘Mmm, this is good, could you pack some for me to give to the girls?’

‘Anything for you, Chaerin-shi’. She went to the kitchen and got some plastic bags to put the toast in for me. Bommie hasn’t been eating like how she usually does ever since she broke up with Youngbae, I should start feeding her every morning or I would see her losing more and more weight.

‘Here you go, Chaerin-shi. I packed them in separate bags so it would be easier for to give it to them’

‘Thanks for the breakfast Jae!’ I grabbed another toast and headed out the door to my car and headed for school. Our daily life of high school continues, although the first week was a bumpy one, I really hope that things would change for the better.

It was still early when I reached school, with me being awake and getting ready by 6am, I didn’t think that there would be any others at school by 6:30am. But I was wrong.

When I entered the parking lot, there I saw a white Audi R8 sitting there. Who does that car belong to? None other than Park Bom. I parked next to her car, got out and walked next to her car. Her engine was off, thinking she would be inside maybe suffocating herself, I tried to look in the heavy tinted car only to realize what I thought was a little dumb. Bommie isn’t that stupid. Right?

‘Where would she be?’ The school is empty at such hour, besides the teachers who were slowly coming in one by one.  

Maybe she’s in the Chemistry Lab.

I headed over to my car and got the packets of toast out together with my bag and headed into school to search for Bommie. The corridors were empty, unlike how it is during school hours. I headed to my locker to get my books and headed to the Chemistry lab.

I looked in the room only to find a figure with arms crossed on the table and a head laying on it. ‘Aissh, this girl, coming to school to sleep.’ I said to myself before carefully opening the door so that I wouldn’t wake the sleeping figure up.

I snuck into class and  carefully closed the door behind me. Tip-toed over to the front row, I tried to carefully place my books and bag down but my car keys slipped out of my bag . Omo! I thought to myself, I looked over to Bommie to see if she woke up. Lucky for me, she was still asleep.

 ‘What a sound sleeper’ I muttered and smirked. Kekeke time to wake sleeping beauty up.

‘YAH UNNIE! WAKE UP!’ I yelled. Bommie who got shocked, jolted up and fell off her chair. Which I couldn’t help but laugh.

‘CHAERIN AH!’ she rubbed her eyes and glared at me.

‘Ahhahhaha, s-sorry un-nie, th-the way you fell, it-it was too hilarious n-ot to laugh’ I said through chokes of laughter.

‘You are one mean friend I’ve got!’ Bommie said while getting up from the floor.

‘Kekeke, but no matter what you still love me’ I pouted.

‘Omo, don’t go aegyo  on me Chaerin! I’ll get back at you’ she glared at me again.

‘Aiiiieee, Mianhe unnie, mianhe don’t get mad, I promise I won’t do it again.’ Ahhh, how was I going to make it up to her. Just then my eyes laid on the packets of toast. ‘Here unnie, I packed some for you and the girls, but you can have them all’

‘Keke, Chaerin ah, I was kidding, I’m not mad at you. Thanks for the breakfast, but I’m not hungry. You eat them!’ she smiled and sat back down.

‘Yah unnie, you haven’t been eating lately and look at you! You’re all skin and bones! It’s not healthy you know!’ I folded my arms while staring at her.

‘Aigoo, you sound like a mother’

‘Good! So you should listen to your ‘mother’ and eat your breakfast now or do you want me to feed you?’

‘Oooo! Yes please’ Bommie closed her eyes and opened . I shook my head and got a slice of toast out and playfully stuffed the whole thing into without tearing it into smaller pieces.

‘Mpmph! Yah! Are you trying to choke me!’ Bommie took the bread out and tried to grab me, which I successfully avoided since I was still standing. But Bommie got up from her seat and started to come over to me.

‘Omo unnie, calm down!’ I ran towards the back of class with her chasing me.

‘You! I’ll stuff your mouth with bread too!’

‘Ahhhh! Don’t play with food unnie! I brought it for you to eat, not to play!’

‘Yah! You started it! But this bread is delicious.’ She took a bite from it and added ‘ It would be a waste if I let you eat it. Keke’

‘S-so….you’re not going to murder me right, unnie?’

‘If I did, who would be giving me breakfast anymore’ she hugged me and dragged me to the front. ‘Here, you eat some too, I can’t finish it all you know’ I took the toast from her and joined her to eat. We ate and chatted at the same time, and slowly students started to come in. Not long later, the bell rang and the teacher came in.

Jiyong’s POV

Chemistry class started with the teacher handing out back quiz we had last week. As I got my paper, I was happy with the results since I didn’t bother to study.

‘Yah hyung, how did you do?’ I asked Seunghyun.

‘What do you think? he showed me his paper with a big grin.

‘Hyung! Why did you beat me again?! And this time by one point.’

He stuck out his tongue and replied ‘Cause I’m cool like that!’

‘Ok class, you all did well for the quiz last week, and there were unexpected results. Ms Chaerin and Bom, looks like you two have some competition this year on who will be the top in my class’

I saw the blonde girl and the black head in front looking towards Mr Keun. ‘W-what do you mean Mr Keun?’ one of them asked.

‘Well, the two new students, Jiyong and Seunghyun, scored 98 and 99 in the quiz’ Once he said that, immediately, both of the girls turned their heads around and shot us glares which were actually quite scary before turning back to the front.  

‘And also, since it’s going into the third week of school, I’ll let you start on your final group project in pairs, which would be worth 60 percent and involves research and presentation. I will be giving each pair the topic of the project next week.’

‘Cool, hyung, you can do the research and I’ll do the presentation.’

‘Yah! Why am I the one doing the hard stuff?!’

Before I could answer him, Mr Keun added ‘But I will be the one choosing who you will be pairing up with’

A chorus of groans could be heard throughout the class. Which also came from me and Seunghyun.

‘So. The first pair would be, Kwon Ji Yong and Lee Chae Rin’

‘WHAT!?’ the blonde girl yelled.

‘Ms Chaerin, I expect you to behave and accept my pairings and also work together with your partner’

Seunghyun nudged me and said ‘Looks like lady luck is on your side and you get paired up with the girl from the shoe store’

I buried my face in my hands and groaned. Why? Of all the students in this class. Why her?! Now hyung will be teasing me throughout the year.

‘The next pair would be…Park Bom and Choi Seung Hyun’

Before Mr Keun announced that, Seunghyun was busy laughing at me. But after that, I saw him froze in his seat with his mouth hanging open.

‘Yah hyung, whats wrong with you? Do you like that girl or something?’

‘Oh shut up’ he said and banged his forehead on the table, which caused me to smirk. Mr Keun continued announcing the other pairs and started class.

When the class ended, our partners walked to the back towards where we sat with an unhappy expression.

My partner slammed her books down on the table and said ‘I don’t like you, but since we’re partners for the project I’ll put that hate aside.’

‘Well, I don’t like you either, so we’re even’ I said and smirked at her.

                                                                                                                                                               

Sorry for the slow updates!~ Been distracted lately. Will be trying to update daily from now on!