The Past part 1

Heaven Knows

 

“This is what she wished for, that her children will be acknowledged by their father.”  Grandma Hyo Rin interrupted when she saw Yong Hwa was in deep thought while staring outside from the window of their moving car. 

 

The Jung’s immediately decided to take the children as well as the old maiden back to Seoul. They did not wasted time in making a decision.  After they left the cemetery they went back to meet the landlord of their small house.  They gave time for them bid goodbyes to their neighbors.  Grandma made a letter to be given to teacher of the twin and gave to one of the parent of their classmate, informing that they will not be able to continue their schooling since their real family will take them to Seoul and will do the necessary treatment needed for his daughter.

 

 

 “It would be great if she still alive.  I know wherever she is right now she can see us and she is at peace.” She added.

 

 

Yong Hwa looked back to her when he heard her speaks again.  He stared to his children who are sleeping in his both left and right lap.  He is seated in the center of the back seat and Yong Ha on the right and Young Hye is on the left and grandma is seating next to the driver’s seat.  She advised him to take the back seat so that he can be near to his children.  He caress them with pity and longingness.

 

“She was struggling back then on how to explain to your children about their situation.  Shin Hye said that one day you come for them.” The old maiden continues as she moved her head to look to Yong Hwa directly.  “She’s also prepared that when the time comes and you are planning to take them away from her and she is willing to sacrifice just to give a better for them.”

 

Yong Hwa started to shed tears and he looked away from the glare of Ahjumma.  The guilt of the painful and regretful past can be seen in his facial expression.  He never imagined that his wrong decision and accussations will cause a shattered lives.  When he sent the investigator to searched for her he already planned that he will cover up all the things he did agaisnt her.  He mapped everything the moment his wife and children will come back and promised to himself that he will become a better father and a husband to them.

 

Tears ran down in his cheeks when realized that his dream will be no longer available and it's expired.  No more Shin Hye can receive the happiness and love he intended to give.  No more Shin Hye that can accept his apology and no more Shin Hye that can be the perfect wife and mother for his children.

 

 It is still very clear in his vivid how she dropped on her knees asking to listen to her explanation.

 

“Yong, please don’t do these to me.  Please let me explain. You’ve got it all wrong.” she heavy tears continues to flow from her eyes as she kissed his feet begging to listen to her.  Shin Hye wanted to explain but her husband is so blind and deaf to see and listened her side.  In the end, he’d thrown her out in their house and in his life.

 

“Ahjumma, I know I made a biggest mistake in my life and I want to rectify it by starting with my children.”  He told while watching the dark road and with some light that coming from the street lamp post. 

 

Gweongji Coastal area is quite far the main city.  It will take another 1 ½ hours travelling by road and a total of 6 hours going to Seoul.  It will be a long drive for them.  They dropped off in a cozy restaurant to grabbed their dinner and bought some more foods for the kids to have it for their long journey.

 

“If I could only turn back those times and if I had known earlier….” He started to recall the past….

 

It was almost 7 years ago…..

 

“Sir Yong Hwa, your father is waiting for you at the study room.” The servant said when she opened the main door of their huge and luxurious house as he entered.

 

“Huh?..Ok .. thank you.” Yong Hwa was confused.  It was only day before yesterday that his parents told him that they will going to extend their stay in Japan and after he met the CEO of the leading car brand.

 

The JP Corporation is a multi industry company from Media and Advertising, Financial Services, Clothing Brand and other Business services.  Mrs. Jung Nae Young is the COO of the Media  and Advertising Division and the rest of the divisions has been taken care of by Mr. Jung Woo Sung.

 

The Jung has 2 children Jung Kwa Nil who died at the age 15 for a serious heart ailment and Yong Hwa who is the youngest having a 9 years .  After the death of the eldest child the couple focus and gave more love and attention to Yong Hwa.  Now he is 19 years old and a  freshman college student of the well known university in Seoul.

 

Yong Hwa stepped a little forward and knock the mahogany door of the study room.

 

“Please, come in..” He heard the authoritative voice of his father, he twisted the knob and immediately went inside the room.

 

“Hi.. Appa..” Yong Hwa bowed when he saw his father sitting in the swivel chair opposite his huge desk. “ Mrs. Lee told me that you’re looking for me.  I thought you’re in Japan with Eomma? When did you arrived?  Where is Eomma?”

 

“Yes we were in Japan but something came up. Have a sit first and we’ll wait for your mother to come.”  Mr. Jung said.

 

“What is this all about, Appa?  Is there any problem with you? with Eomma? With the company?” Yong Hwa’s series of question made his father grinned.

 

“Nothing to worry my son, just relax and you will know after sometime.” His father assured him.

 

Yong Hwa smiled.  He loves his parents and he is an obedient and diligent son.  He never caused any problem to them even either in school or in a society. His life only revolves with his friends Jong Hyun, Jung Shin and Min Hyuk who are the sons of the affluent family of Seoul.  Their parents are business and society friends.  They are also an advocate for some non-profit organizations.

 

Girls do come and go but not as serious unlike others. Infatuation or puppy love can be considered.  Yong Hwa is somewhat a bit perfectionist in his future plans.  He wanted to finish his degree and will take his MBA or Ph.D in US as he planned.  His parents are supportive in his decision as long as for the betterment of his future and career.

 

“Are you sure, appa?” he asked his father for confirmation.

 

Ring..Ring..Ring.. the intercom sounded before his father could answer his question and left the receiver.

 

“Ok.” Mr. Jung answered and he ended the call and put back the receiver to its place.

 

“What was your question again? oh yeah, as I said nothing to worry about it.  Your mother is on her way from the airport with our guest but they were stuck in the traffic, but they are already in the entrance of the village.” He told his son.

 

“Appa, you got me intrigued.”  Yong Hwa smiled to his father.

 

“Yong Hwa, do you have a girlfriend?” His father opened the conversation while waiting for Mrs. Jung and their guest. “I don’t remembered any of the instances that you’ve introduced a girl to us.”

 

“Appa, if you are thinking that I am a GAY.” Yong Hwa laughed. “ Well I am telling you that I am a 1001% HE-MAN.” He shows off his pea biceps to his father. “It’s just that I didn’t find the right one for me and I am more focus for my future and I made a promise to Hyung that I will not cause a trouble or disappoint you, otherwise he will haunt me down.” He laughed.

 

Mr. Jung chuckled when he heard of what his son has said. “I was just asking and I never have doubts in your gender.”

 

“Mianhe, Appa.. because the way you’re asking gives me some hint.” Yong Hwa laughed at his father.

 

Yong Hwa is very closed to his parents, at dinner time he never let the day ends without telling them what happen to him during the day and vice versa.  Aside from his 4 cohorts he considered his parents as his immediate best friends.

 

“It’s ok my son..” but before Mr. Jung continues he heard a knock. “Please come in..” he answered.

 

The door open. “Sorry, we are late, we got caught in the heavy traffic congestion in Gimpo.” Mrs. Jung explained as she entered the room.

 

Yong Hwa stand and greeted his mother in her cheek. “How are you Eomma?” he asked when he release from his hug to her.

 

“I am alright..” she replied to her son and went to his husband and gave a kissed.

 

“Where is she?” Mr. Jung immediately asked his wife.

 

“Who??” Yong Hwa asked when he heard them but they ignored him.

 

“She is by the door.” Mr. Jung answered and went back to door to fetch the guest. “Please come in..” she invited their guest.

 

Mrs. Jung took her hand and she noticed that her guest is trembling. “It’s going to be alright.” Mrs. Jung assured and caress the hand of their guest.

 

 The young girl went along with her and Mr. Jung stood up and received the guest with a hug. “Don’t worry we are here for you.  We you’re family now.”  He said when he noticed that the young girl is a bit uneasy and uncomfortable.  He kissed her forehead to wiped out her fears.

 

Yong Hwa stood up when he noticed the gesture of his parents towards the guest.  His brows furrowed with a question in his looks who is she?  Mr. and Mrs. Jung brought her closer inside the study room and stands opposite Yong Hwa to introduce them to each other.

 

“Yong Hwa, I would like you to meet Ms. Park Shin Hye..” he paused and took a deep breath. “Your wife in two weeks time…” Mr. Jung dropped the bomb to his son.

 

“Whaatt???” His shocking response with a wide eyes as expected in him….

 

to be continued... just prepare you heart for the intense scene and some physical and emotional abuse to be followed.  apologies for my grammar and english.