Time Machine - Sunny

Soshi Stories.

Her ears couldn't believe what she just heard.

Was what he just said right? It couldn't have been right - he wouldn't of said that.

However, it seemed as if it was right as he dropped her hands and walked out of the shop without her.

Sunny had just been broken up with in the middle of the store in front of everyone. Her face, now pale instead of red, sunk and her eyes began to water. Before she knew it, tears were flowing down her face like a waterfall and onto her clothes and the floor. The store watched her as she sprinted out of the store and into the cold, icy rain.

She never used to like the rain, but now it was an advantage to her as it hid her tears from the world. She looked up at the sky in a sad way, and asked herself;

"Why me?"

 

Her eyes on his face as she sat in the trolley like a kid.

"What did you want to tell me, baby?" she asked, smiling at him. However, she wasn't expecting the answer she was about to recieve.

"Well... I don't think this is working out." he said to her, holding her hand softly.

"Huh?" Sunny asked, tilting her head in disbelief. She gripped onto his hand tightly, as she began to realise what he'd just said.

"It's not working out, Sunny." he repeated. There was silence. Long, awkward silence as the whole store was staring at the situation. She dropped her hand and walked out of the store and getting a taxi to his new girl's house. Sunny couldn't believe what just happened. She thought that they were forever, and they would never end. They were like soulmates - and then suddenly, it was finished? Just like that?

 

Now Sunny was standing in the rain, dressed in black - looking up at the rainy sky, her short blonde hair messed up from the wind. She shook her head in disbelief, and took a deep breath in - before crying. She stood there as she cried like a child in a tantrum - however there was a good reason for this.

She took a deep breath in again, then turned around to face the pavement. As she walked down the path - there was a small sign of hope in her face, ready to look for a better life.