Time Machine - Jessica.

Soshi Stories.

The car was ice cold, rain hitting the window with such force that Jessica thought it would fall in any minute now. Her dress, pastel pink with black lace, was rising up - so she pulled it down and shuffled her feet into a new position. She glanced at the clock on the expensive car's dashboard, and then looked out the window.

"Where is he?" she whispered to herself.

She was waiting in the car for her boyfriend who was in a meeting. However, he was supposed to be out ten minutes ago. Jessica knew the relationship was ending. Her eyes let out tears, and they rolled down her cheeks and onto her hands. She quickly wiped them away and looked at herself in the mirror.

What was she doing? Wearing these expensive clothes and her face masked in makeup. This wasn't who she was. Not at all. Before she met her boyfriend, she was a girl who lived in a tiny apartment looking after her ill family. After they moved away to expensive hospitals, she was on her own and met him. He was the son of a rich family, and he worked for his father. Treating Jessica, she became more and more spoilt by the day.

She got expensive, foreign clothes only by the best designers. Her shoes were only heels, and the best. The make up was imported from England - designed and made by the best cosmetic company; Harringtons.

Now, looking at pictures of her before she met her current boyfriend, she looked so different and strange more than anything. But, she looked like normal old Jessica. The Jessica who she really was. She put on a fake personality, and she was like a whole different person - reborn from money and gold.

As the clock hit 9 'o clock, the door opened. Hope filled Jessica's face as she looked at the door that was being opened. However, it sunk when she saw her driver there.

"Sorry, miss Jessica. Sir sent me here to drive you home; he won't be home until early morning. He's doing paperwork. He said he was sorry, and he'd see you tomorrow for lunch with his parents." the driver said, sitting down and turning the car on. Jessica sighed as she hid another tear rolling down her face. What he meant was that Jessica was having lunch with his parents - he'd be working from his office at his mansion. Jessica sniffed, and rolled her dress down again.

"Ok," she croaked out. She reached for her bag which was by her feet and took her iPhone out; dialling her boyfriend's number. There was no reply - the line was busy. Again, she tried. Busy. Once more - the phone turned off. Jessica shook her head, and began to set up a new text. Her eyes began to water as she typed, and she slowly and meaningfully pressed 'send'.

This was Jessica's chance at getting her life back - her real life. The car began to drive, and as it stopped at a traffic light - Jessica opened the door and walked out into the rain, walking to her friend's house.