Time Machine - Taeyeon.

Soshi Stories.

A smile was on her face as she opened her balcony door, the sun shining onto her face. Leaning against the wall, she was as happy as ever right now. Taeyeon Kim was different. With a new year, brings a new page. She rested her hands on the balcony, and looked over at the sea. She smiled, but suddenly her chest began to tighten.

Her thoughts were now full with past thoughts; bad thoughts. Her old boyfriend's face appeared in her mind, and she looked at the floor. She couldn't say she missed him, as that would be a lie. However, something inside her felt like ever since they ended the relationship - a peice of her was missing. A peice of him was gone from her. Her soul felt empty, as all she heard was the sea and birds.

Usually, Taeyeon would find this comforting - but now, it was more as a cry for help. Not from the sea, of course. But from Taeyeon. She thought back to the times they spent together, the fun they had.

 

Her hair flew behind her in the wind, flowing like river as she ran through the forest and onto the river side. She was laughing like a kid, as she was nicknamed, and tripping over her own feet just like an excited puppy. Her skirt flew up, and she tried to push it down but her speed wasn't helping. Her trainers, now covered in mud from the river side, were getting hot and beginning to wear out.

"Taengoo! You can't run!!" a voice called from the trees, Taeyeon laughed loudly. She turned around on her heel to face the voice.

"Hah! That's what you think!" she laughed, and turned back around. However, instead of running she jumped.

"Rawr!" the boy laughed, now standing right in front of the smaller girl. Taeyeon laughed and tried to escape, but as she did, he picked her up and spun her round. The two were happy right at the moment, and nothing could ruin it.

As he put her down, Taeyeon smirked, and put her arms round his neck as if she was going to kiss him. However, as she went up on her tiptoes - she pushed him, and he fell into the river. Taeyeon, now crying of laughter, got pulled in by him and they both ended up under the suprisingly clear water.

 

Coming back to her thoughts, Taeyeon shook her head from the past. She wasn't sad, of course she wasn't. But she couldn't help but think of something.

What would it be like if they were still together?

Would it be for the better? Them being together and loved up - both being happy?

Or would it be a mistake, and Taeyeon's heart being crushed again. She couldn't bear being hurt like that again.

They parted ways over a tiny mistake - which was now a regret. Taeyeon was out one night with her friends, celebrating her birthday - when she got drunk and ended up dancing with another man. Her boyfriend was irritated by this, and broke up with her. Taeyeon always thought to herself, what if I hadn't of drunk another drink? What if one of my friends stopped me? What if I had the common sense to know my rights and wrongs - my limits? However, Taeyeon was just a foolish kid. Things had changed - and so had Taeyeon. Nothing would stop her now, and she made a promise to love her next partner until there was nothing else left in the world to live for except him.

Her head was now clear from thinking, and the smile re-appeared on Taeyeon's face as her phone vibrated in her pocket. It was her best friend, and she answered the call - walking back inside, and closing the door behind her.