Chapter 2: Dancing

Dreams coming true

*Yues pov*

I sighed, straightened my skirt and started to walk towards their location. I noticed that Reita, the bass player wasn’t there. “Hey you guys are cute. My name is Skie and this is my friend Yue” she said with a cute voice. It was obvious that she was flirting with them. I looked up and I saw Aoi looking at me with a curious expression. “Hello nice to meet you. My name is Ruki, this is Uruha, Kai and Aoi.” Ruki said. “Oh I really like your name! It sounds cool.” Skie said smiling at Ruki. I started to feel uncomfortable standing there and I knew that it wasn’t really a good idea to tell them that I know they are famous and that I listen to them all the time. So I just stood there while the band members talked to Skie. “So today is actually Yues birthday” I heard Skie saying in a cheerful tone. I started to blush and now all the members’ attention was aimed towards me.

“Is that so? Well happy birthday Yue. I hope that you will have a great evening.” Ruki said and gave me a hug. “Thank you and I hope so too” I said awkwardly and tried to hide how nervous I was in this situation. “OI I’d like to order a drink for this lady.” Aoi suddenly said. It was the first time in real life I heard Aoi speak and his voice sounded so sweet and innocent yet so masculine. After a while I began to relax and I was able to talk to them without blushing. “Well now let’s sing for the birthday girl.” Uruha said. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU…” they started to sing and everyone’s attention was drawn to me. I felt nervous. When they were done with the song I apologized and said that I needed some air and I went out.

I tried to get out as fast as I could but I ran into a person who stood outside the club, smoking. “Gomen nasai! I didn’t mean to run into you” I said shyly. “It’s alright I saw all that happened inside and I understand that you wanted to leave for a while.” He said in a sweet caring voice. “Arigato” I said and froze when looked up and saw who it was. It was Reita, the bassist that always made my heart beat faster when he played, the mysterious man with a ribbon covering his nose, the man I wanted to be together with so badly.  I couldn’t believe that he actually was standing there in front of me. “Oh kawaii.” He said and blushed. As if he realized what he had said he scratched his head and looked towards another direction and I looked down blushing. I was happy that he thought that I was cute.  “Ano… should we go inside? It’s starting to get cold and I’m feeling better now.” I said and looked up at him with a big smile. “Yeah sure” he said and smiled back.

When we came back inside it was obvious that the others were drunk. “HEEEY LOOK WHO’S HERE! ISN’T IT THE BIRTHDAY GIIIIIIRL” Skie said and laughed. She was sitting in Rukis lap and he was holding her around her waist. I sighed and shook my head. I was used to Skies behavior because she wasn’t really careful when she was drinking. “Oh looks like someone found her prince charming” she said when she noticed Reita who was standing next to me. Reita just looked away and blushed. “OI calm down just cause we went inside together doesn’t mean there’s something between us.” I said kind of annoyed at Skies statement. I noticed how awkward Reita felt and I took Skies drink. “No more drinking for you tonight. You need to be able to walk home.” I said and Skie pouted. “You’re no fun. Here we are, talking to some of the iest guys in this club and you’re acting like a mom.” She said and laughed. I just sighed and changed the subject. After we talked a bit Ruki and Skie decided to dance. Aoi, Kai and Uruha decided to join them at the dance floor after a while, which left me and reita alone at the table.  “Don’t you like to dance?” I asked reita just to get rid of the awkward silence. “I don’t like to dance to this kind of music. I like to dance to slow music. Don’t you like to dance?” He said and looked at me smiling. His eyes were watching me, almost as if he tried to take a photo of me using his eyes. I smiled back and said “that sounds like a good reason not to dance now. I like to dance but I thought that I wanted to leave Skie alone for a while.” I said and giggled when I saw Ruki kissing Skies cheek. A slow song started to play and Aoi, Uruha and Kai returned to the table.

“Shall we dance?” reita asked me. He said it in a quiet voice. Almost whispering as if he were too shy to say it louder. “Of course” I said and took his hand. We heard the others clapping their hands but we ignored them. I put my hands around his neck, he wasn’t much taller than me so it was pretty easy for us to dance. He wrapped his arms around me and I could feel my stomach twisting as if I had ants living inside of me. The song played and we slowly danced. I felt at peace as if this is were I belonged. Here in his arms dancing while everyone was watching. “Ano… Yue.” Reita whispered in my ear. “Hmm?” I said. “You’re really cute.” He said as he held me tight. I couldn’t believe what I just heard. “You’re so sweet.” I said and smiled. I felt how he became more relaxed.

When the song ended I became sad. I wanted to continue dancing with him forever but I knew it was getting late and I started to get a headache. I looked at Skie who was kissing Ruki shamelessly. I saw that she had too much to drink. “I think we better go home now” I said and looked at Reita. He sighed and said “well we should also get going. Even though Uruha is used to drinking I know that Ruki might become troublesome if he gets too much to drink.” We laughed and both Ruki and Skie gave us a curious look. We walked together and when I reached my apartment I felt sad because this meant that I had to say goodbye to the guys and Reita. I had no idea why I was so obsessed with Reita. “Well I guessh thisssh ish goodbye for now. I’ll sheee you tomorrow.” Skie said. It was obvious that she wouldn’t manage to get home alone. “Oh no you’re coming with me!” I said and grabbed her hand. “Can I alsho come with you?” Ruki said. “Nope you’re coming with me.” Reita said and tried not to laugh. They were all pretty drunk and I was wondering if they would remember this evening at all. Suddenly I became scared. What if Reita was so drunk that he wouldn’t remember this evening… what if he wouldn’t remember me? My thoughts were interrupted when Reita looked at me and said “happy birthday. I hope you had a great time cause I know I had.” And then he gave me a soft kiss on the lips. I was in shock so I couldn’t move and before I had time to react they had said goodbye and left. When I woke up from the shock from the kiss I took Skies hand and went inside. I knew that I would have a really bad hangover tomorrow but I couldn’t care less. Reita actually kissed me and it felt like I was on a pink fluffy cloud. I was really happy and I went to bed without removing my makeup.