I ....

Invasion of my heart

 

YOONA : appa ~ ( she murmured under her breathe fearing what was going to happen here right this minute, her father didn’t look even one bit happy ) 

Yoona knew that she was deep trouble right now. Her family despises the Japanese and they expected her to do the same. Yoona knew that she hated the Japanese in whole but deep in her heart she couldn't convey the feeling that maybe...just maybe they weren't as bad as they had thought they were. Maybe they shouldn’t think that all of them cruel and evil, but what could she do… her parents had seen them toturing civilians right in front of their eyes, heck even she had seen them beating a Korean man up.

MINHO : ( he looked at Yoona whose eyes were dry ...very dry and she was turning paler than she already was )

Minho's eyes were darting to the sides in panic as he lowered his gaze to the bowl of udon on the table and softly placed the chopsticks on the table with a small un-audible thud sound. He knew that yoona was going to get into trouble because of him and he needed to do something. He could do anything if he wanted to. He could just beat up Yoona's father and make her hate him more than she already did or explain the situation to her father, who probably doesn't even want to hear his voice or just drag Yoona away from there, his peers always did that when they saw pretty girls, the Koreans couldn't  wouldn't dare to do anything against them, one wrong move and that might be the last thing they would ever do. Minho was disputing with his own feelings. Why does he have to care about her ? She was just a pretty face to him nothing else !  right ? yes that’s what he thought a pretty face that made him happy.

MINHO : ( he nodded his head to himself before standing up while slamming his hands on the wooden table with a loud thud making Yoona flinch ) 

YOONA : ( she immediately stood up, flinching as she did so ) 

Yoona didn't know who she was supposed to direct her attention too , the stubborn Japanese soldier or her father who had his head down, giving his fake respect to the young man that was now beside his own daughter. 

MINHO : CLEAR THE TABLE !! ( he shouted out of the blue... his eyes were hinting on anger and sadness (?) as he did so) 

Everybody there winced as Minho's loud voice echoed across the area. What was wrong with this guy one minute he was treating Yoona so well and the next minute he was shouting in her face. What in heavens was he thinking !? Did he had some kind of bi-polar disease or something ? 

YOONA : ( she immediately bowed in a rushed manner before clearing the bowl placing them in the steel carrier. Her hands were shaking in fear that she tried to skin up but well anyone who looked at her face could easily figure out that this girl was extremely petrified.) 

Minho looked down at Yoona who was fiddling with the latch lock of the carrier, he could see that her shaking hands weren't making anything easier, they were making things more worser for her than it already was. A flash of sadness and regret wiped across his big eyes and he had to blink a few times to maintain his angry stand. 

YOONA : ( she finally managed to lock the carrier as she carried it with both her hands ) 

MINHO : ( he took a step back away from Yoona ) I am bored of you already ! I don’t want to see you anymore ( it hurted him to speak such words to this innocent girl but he had to do it. He paused before turning his blazing gaze to Yoona's father ) Let this be the last time we see each other anywhere ! and I won’t bother of you anymore ( he said in Japanese before picking up his gun in ease before strutting off ) 

Minho's last words were not directed to Yoona, even though it seemed to be for Yoona, Minho wanted to make sure that her father had understood it. Yoona's father made sure that the japanese soldier had left the scene before walking up to Yoona and dragging her with him, back home. Yoona could see that her father was extremely furious with her and she was in store for a long scolding today. But she was a little pleased that the Minoru guy didn't do anything to her father, she wouldn’t be able to forgive herself if anything happened to her dear father.

MINHO : ( he was quite far away from the area before.. ) Haish !!! ( he grunted as he rumbled his hair violently in irritance, making it stand in various places and look ily messy 

Minho was irritated and angry with himself thus he kicked a small rock on the road venting his frustration on it as if it was the reason for all the happenings, before turning back his whole body to look if the father and daughter was still there. " urgh !!! ... " he grunted angrily again before turning back to his path of way. ' should i have just brought her with me ? ' he thought to himself. 

MINHO : ahhh !!! .... ( he just couldn't get a grip of himself as he was whining to himself  )

Minho had snapped at the poor girl only to make sure that her father knew that she had followed him only because he had forced her to. Even though that was partially true he wanted her father to know that he was not giving his daughter, any kind of special treatment. But everyone including himself knew that he was indeed giving Yoona special treatment. He didn’t want to accept that fact and decided to live in self-denial.

At Yoona's house... hell had broken out. Despite the fact that Minho tried to make it seem that it was totally his fault, Yoona's father was still mad at her. He was shouting at his most dearest daughter about what had happened. Jun ki and Daesung were holding their father back as they saw their baby sister crying. They loved her a lot and didn’t like seeing her cry. They knew that it was not her fault and she forced to follow him. Finally after a while of shouting his anger was still not subsidised, he took out a long thin bamboo cane that he had used to discipline his children when they were younger. 

JUN KI : appa ! ( he exclaimed as he held his father's hand ) It's not her fault ! you don’t have to do this !

But their father just shrugged Jun ki's hand off. He was a nice man and an amazing father but the only thing he could never stand in his life was the japanese. He knew that his daughter would not have done anything wrong but he was angered by the fact she didn't escape from the situation but instead followed the soldier like a rag doll. He could have done anything to her, ANYTHING. He probably wouldn’t be able to live if anything happened to his daughter.

FATHER : Raise your hand Yoona ! ( he said biting his anger down ) 

YOONA : ( she wiped her tears away before raising her hand, she knew that she had to take her punishment for the mistake she had un-intentionally committed and she was not going to complain about that ) 

Yoona's father whacked his daughter's hand with the bamboo cane few times before throwing the cane to the floor creating a loud sound and walking away. He was so pissed off that he didn't speak to anyone at home till night. Taeyeon and her mother tried their best in consoling Yoona, she was never scolded or punished badly by her father who loved them to the earth’s core. The head of the family had always treated Yoona in a special way because she was the youngest. He had never raised the cane on his daughter before but today... he just snapped. It was about 11pm and everyone was tired and was sleeping when ... )

FATHER : ( he woke up as he realised that all his children were sleeping with a disturbed expression, they were not peaceful at all because of the ruckus in the house just now ) 

MOTHER : ( she woke as she sensed her husband was having a hard time sleeping ) dear.. are you okay ~ ( she whispered as she placed her hand on his shoulder as a gesture of affection ) 

He held his wife's hand that was on his shoulder before sighing and looking at the youngest who was sleeping at the other corner of the hall on a slightly cushioned mat, they didn't had beds to sleep on, in their house, they couldn’t afford them maybe not for all six of them. He made his way to Yoona who was sleeping before sighing sadly again. He hated to scold both his daughters he often scolded his wife for scolding them, but today he had hit Yoona

MOTHER : dear ~ it wasn't her fault ... it was that fellow, that stupid Japanese guy, our daughter wouldn’t have done anything wrong.  ( she said as she saw her husband who was in verge of tears ) 

FATHER : ( he  Yoona's hair with fatherly affection and brushed away her fringe and started patting her to sleep even though she seemed to be asleep already ) I canned her because I don't want her to follow the orders of them, after today whenever she sees any of them, she would run away just the way she is supposed too, if she just follows them blindly with fear...they... they could do anything to her ! ~ I don't want that to happen ... what will I do without her or any one of them ( he said as he looked at all 4 of his dearest possessions ) 

He knew that he would be under this situation one day but he wasn’t expecting it to be this fast. He also knew that both his beautiful daughters would attract attention from men without even trying, especially the youngest one. Anyone who saw her must except the fact that she was a beauty it couldn’t be denied. She would be in constant danger because of her looks and she's only still seventeen, merely a little child in his eyes. With those thoughts in his head he continued patting Yoona to sleep as he fell asleep beside his daughter.

YOONA : ( she opened her teary eyes when she realised that her father had fallen asleep ) I’m sorry appa ~ ( she whispered as she heard what her father had said before falling back to sleep ) 

< the next morning > 

Yoona was sent to the rationing stall to get rice and oil. Before she left the house Taeyeon didn't forget to repeat to Yoona about running away if she saw any Japanese soldiers. She was told to stay away from them no matter what. They couldn’t take any risk. Yoona took that into her mind as she stepped out of the house wearily and made her way to the stall to get rice and oil. The rice was given to them in a small cloth bag. Yoona got the items and turned back to walk back home as fast as possible when she heard a low deep voice. It was no one other than Minoru. Minho took a step forward towards Yoona and at that process he accidently brushed his hand with hers causing Yoona to gasp and drop the bag of rice in fright.

The precious rice that her father and brothers had worked so hard to get ,scattered throughout the soiled ground. Minho looked at Yoona who for the first time glared at him with anger, his eyes darted from the spilled grains to her really worried face. She was again crying making Minho feel worser than he already was, he had just wanted to check on her but he realised that he has been making her cry every time he meets her. He wasn’t able to sleep yesterday night as he was constantly thinking of what was going to happen to Yoona, he wanted to make sure that she was alright but instead he had completely frightened her. This made him feel like the big bad wolf.

Yoona immediately fell on her knees as she tried picking up the rice and storing it back into the bag. Every grain was precious, her father and brothers had worked under harsh conditions to get that money to by this and now she had dropped it all on the floor, ruining everything. Tears were running down her face as she continued picking up the grains ignoring Minho's concerned face that he wasn't even trying to hide anymore. She was picking up the rice when a gust of wind blew towards them causing her hair to fly about together with the grains of rice on the floor all of them blew away to various places leaving Yoona with only quarter of rice left for her family and her, for the next 2 weeks. What was her family going to do for food now ? Her family was going to starve because of her. She dropped to her as she sat on the ground feeling very defeated as she covered her face in her palms crying profusely. Why must this happen to her ?

MINHO : ( he crouched down to Yoona observing her while doing so... she was crying really badly and he didn’t like it.. no …not even a single bit ) Yoona ~ ( he cooed her beautiful name as he looked down at the torn cloth bag and that looked deflated as it had only a little amount of rice left in it.) 

Minho sighed as he looked at the petite girl... this was partially, no fully his fault, he was the one who scarred her to this extend. Minho slowly raised both his hand and softly grabbed both of Yoona's wrists and tried to pull her palms away from hiding her pretty little face. When Yoona stiffened a little upon his touch and started to restrict his movement, he used a little bit more force to pull her hands away from her face only to find her palms a little swollen, there were red streaks on them. Minho's eyes darkened a little as he realised that her father had punished her. He wanted to kill that man that she claimed as father for hurting her but that’s going to make her hate him more. He felt drop a little as sadness drowned him. He dragged a thumb across the red lines wanting to reduce her pain but that gesture made Yoona wince a little while still crying. He jerked as he realised that it hurted her. 

MINHO : did it hurt a lot ~ ( he asked softly before looking at Yoona who was still crying and massaged her palm a little ) does it hurt now … Answer me ~ ( he said softly for the first time but when he didn't get an answer from her as usual he raised his voice ) Answer me !!! ( if he only could get answers from her if he raised his voice then he would do that )

YOONA : ( for the first time she looked at him straight in the eyes in anger ) No !! ( that was the loudest she had ever spoken to someone ) 

MINHO : ( he flinched a little as his face contorted from confusion to annoyance .. he looked around to see if anyone had seen that before grimacing and moving his face towards Yoona who turned her face away, she was scarred but she didn't want to show it out now. If any other Japanese heard her using such a tone they would have done anything to her, and he didn’t want that to happen ) Don't you dare talk to me in that manner ... i can do anything to you right this second ~ ( he whispered darkly ... had she forgotten that he was Japanese, the ones that had the ultimate power here ) 

YOONA : Then kill me already ! My family is going to die out of hunger after a few days anyway ! ( she cried back out in the Korean language without caring if he wouldn’t understand it or kill her for using her mother tongue 

Minho ... he wasn't very strong in his Korean but he could understand a little bit as he had heard his mother talking in Korean with his neighbour in Japan who was also a Korean who migrated to Japan during the earlier days. Minho could understand her plight and really wanted to do something for her.. but what can he do.  The fact that she hated him this much was because she thought he was Japanese, worried him a lot. If she had hated him as a human himself he wouldn’t be so concern but she didn’t like him because of his race. Was that considered racist. If she was racist then what was he ?

MINHO : I told you I'm not going to hurt you...( he paused ) that way ~ ( he said as his voice was a little airy ) 

YOONA : ( her eyes widened bigger, had he just understood what she had told him ... was he not Japanese ) 

MINHO : ( he looked at Yoona who was still thinking deeply and decided to tell her that... ) i'm half your kind ! ( he said without saying the word Korean.. he knew that she would understand what he was trying to convey ) 

YOONA : ( she was shocked to know that this guy was half Korean, that explains why he looked so Korean to her eyes, but if really was Korean why was he torturing the Korean civilians... she looked up at him as she wanted to ask him about a lot of things ) 

MINHO : ( he looked at Yoona whose eyes were searching him for answers ) i can't tell you anything more right now ...

Minho stood up to his original height as his legs were starting to ache a little from all the squatting. He stretched out two of his down, trying to help Yoona up to her feet but she assured up herself without holding Minho's hand which hurted his ego a little. What?! Now she wouldn’t even accept his simple gesture of help. Yoona picked up the bag that was filled with minimal rice and hugged it to her chest, she didn't know what her family was going to do for the next two weeks. Minho cleared his throat louder than necessary trying to get Yoona's attention, before signalling her to follow him. Yoona was supposed to run away from him just like her sister had told her to but..well, she had to follow him right ? 

MINHO : give me one medium bag of rice ! ( he demanded to the Korean stall owner who immediately gave Minho the bag of rice fearing that he would make the young soldier angry ) 

STALL OWNER : ( He passed the bag to Minho with both his hands as a sign of respect before bowing ) her you go sir ~ 

MINHO : ( he dug his pant pocket and fished out a few notes of money, slamming them on the counter without caring if that gesture was rude ) here ! ( he snapped ) 

STALL OWNER : oh no... you don't have to pay sir ~

MINHO : ( he rolled his eyes before walking away without saying anything he didn’t want to talk to the stall owner. Whether he keeps the money or throws them away was his own business )

Minho walked towards Yoona and snatched the bag of rice from her hand and passed her the new bag of rice. Yoona hesitated for a while as she shook her head rejecting his offer. 

MINHO : Take it !!! I don't want you to starve to death. You’re already so skinny, you have to eat more and stay healthy ! ( he babbled without much of a thought but after a second he had realised what he had conveyed to her and he became a little flustered, did she catch his concerned tone ? ) I.. urrr...i mean that .. i don't want to see anyone to die by starving that's the worsts way of dyeing... dyeing without food ... i can't even stay without food for more than 4 hours ~ ( he whispered the last part softly )

This only made Yoona giggle without thinking much before covering worrying that he would take that as an offence, Minho liked the way she giggled it reminded him of a little girl, he liked children a lot even though he was still really young. Minoru chuckled a little before ... 

MINHO : Was it that funny ? ~ ( he joked ) I’m not fat, am I ?

YOONA : I'm sorry ... ( she whispered in a low tone before bowing... she had to get away from him as fast as possible ) 

Even though Minho was being nice to her, she still couldn't get herself to trust him. She was in constant fear that he was merely trying to lure her into his trap. He was still half Japanese and he was completely loyal to the land of the rising sun. Why was he treating her so well , while he treated the others in a mean manner ? What does he want out of her ? The more she thought about it, the more she was getting confused and scarred.

YOONA : ( she took the rice bag into her hand and bowed a ninety degrees ) I have to go ... and thank you very much, i am really grateful of your help. ( she said in a rushed manner before rushing off but ) 

MINHO : ( " thank you very much, i am really grateful of your help ", he heard her say to him as he saw her rushing off. He didn't know why ..but he didn't want her to go, he liked her and he wanted to get to know her more ) 

Minho knew that she didn't like him..not like that, well he had to accept the fact she didn't like him at all. Nobody would like someone who made them cry whenever they meet them or someone who got them into trouble at home or someone who kept having fluctuating moods towards them...right ? Minho knew he had committed all three of those crimes towards her and she had all the rights to hate him as much as she want. BUT Minho, couldn't just stand there without doing anything. He liked her ...too what extend ? he wasn't sure of that yet but he knew that he liked her more than other girls her age. He wanted her to give him a chance the same way she would to a Korean guy. 

MINHO : wait ! ( he called out to Yoona before stopping her by holding her hand ) 

When Minho touched her hand, she wanted to swip his hand off but she couldn't bring herself to do it... maybe just maybe she was developing a soft spot for him ? She didn't look up at him but instead continued to look at the ground but after a second of thinking about her father and how disappointed her father would be if he found out about this, she started squirming her hand away from Minho. 

YOONA : plea... Please le...let go sir, i have to get back home, my sister would be waiting for me ! ( she said as she struggled more when she realised that he wasn't even budging a little but instead tightening his grip slightly ) please let go ... ( trying her best to shake his hand off ) 

MINHO : I - 

<<<<<<<<<< fast forward >>>>>>>>>>

MINHO : ( he finally let go of Yoona who was dumb struck and walked off as if nothing happened ) 

YOONA : ( she just ran back home as fast as she could without turning back...) 

This was bad !!! really...really...really bad ! She didn't want this to happen, what was going to happen now ? She was definitely done for it she thought as she just prayed that what he said was not true... not true at all ! 

TO BE CONTINUED ~

hello :) the both of us are back with the 3rd chapter, i hoped you liked it... and thanks to Chelseal18, Minhonna, yoona_foreverlovely, yumikk623, Angel-of-the-seas, hina_ikuto and everybody who spent their precious time reading this fic.. THANK YOU SO MUCH !! i hope you continue supporting it :)