Drabble 2 : recurring at the same point

When We Were Young

Their dates don’t really feel like dates – at least, not in the conventional sense. With Ryeowook and Siwon, Kyuhyun feels like it’s no big deal, just a trip to the noraebang or the movies with his friends, no romantic implications or intimacy whatsoever. Only this fact disturbs him because he’s always figured that there should be a distinction between hanging out and dating, and the thin, even non-existent line between the two is driving him crazy.

“You’re thinking again,” Siwon pokes him on the cheek, a tinge of irritation detectable in his voice, “stop spacing out before Ryeowook notices."

Kyuhyun makes a face but straightens in attention, anyway, eyeing Ryeowook carefully as he examines a pair of running shoes. It’s not that Kyuhyun ever listens to Siwon seriously, nor is he as desperate as Siwon to keep Ryeowook happy forever (because, damn it, he’s the younger one here, and he deserves some selfishness and what little liberties his age can offer him against Ryeowook), but Kyuhyun prefers to take the easiest route instead of gaining a moping Ryeowook and a vengeful Siwon on his case. Besides, the leer on Siwon’s face can’t possibly be good, given the way he’s thoughtfully considering the size of the dressing rooms.

He takes a few steps back, hoping they won’t notice when he runs to the safety of the nearest arcade.

“Hey Ryeowook,” Siwon chirps throatily, wrapping an arm around Kyuhyun’s waist, effectively stopping him from escaping, “want to check out the swimming trunks?”

Ryeowook looks up, puzzled, at first, then comprehension dawns on him (or maybe it’s just the despairing look Kyuhyun’s giving him that clues him in) and he makes a slightly disgusted face. “You just want to get into Kyuhyun’s pants, hyung.”

And mine, he doesn’t add, but it kind of goes without saying. Siwon clucks his tongue at Ryeowook, not bothering to let go of Kyuhyun even as he walks closer to Ryeowook. “I’m wounded.”

“I’m traumatized,” Kyuhyun inputs drily, but Siwon ignores him.

“We can get matching ones,” Siwon continues, his smile widening a fraction, “and you can pick.”

Ryeowook brightens up, suddenly, and Kyuhyun realizes that, yes, this is definitely not just hanging out anymore.

“Exhibitionist,” Kyuhyun hisses to Siwon, watching Ryeowook scamper off to find the most embarrassing pair of shorts in the store, and Siwon bumps his shoulder against Kyuhyun’s, the smile morphing into an extremely self-satisfied smirk.

“You love it,” Siwon whispers back, and Kyuhyun can’t really say anything to that.