Count to 10

~Changing~

Boram's POV

 

"Ugh, I'm hungry. What are we eating?" I asked when we entered Soojung's house. I dropped my bag by the couch and laid down. Soojung sighed as she sat next to me.

"Nothing...I didn't make any food." Soojung said in a monotone voice. My eyes glared at Soojung as if my eyes were stabbing her. I moaned and slumped down.

"What do you mean no fooooooooood... Im hungryyyyy! You Soojunnnggggg." I complained. She laughed as she got up. I stared up at her as she stuck her tongue out at me.

"I was joking. Geez, I made sandwiches. Something light, but energizing. I don't want either of us throwing up during the competition. Aight? Come on!" Soojung said as she yanked my arm and dragged me to the table. I blinked and came back to my senses.

"Food? FOOD!" I smiled as Soojung brought plates and sandwiches. I grabbed one filled with a little tuna and veggies and set it on my plate. I stretched my neck and fingers. "Yumm~ Thanks Soojung. Cheers to the competition!" I said while lifting my sandwich towards her. She snorted as we cheersed sandwiches and took a big bite. All the food mixing in our mouths and boy...did it taste gooooood~

Afterwards, we did a little dancing to take off the carbs. We slugged into the dance room in her basement.

"Ugh, sandwiches were too good...akk.." Soojung said as she slumped onto a chair. I rubbed my stomach as we looked through my ipod. We ate way too much. Especially before a competition. We Wonder Girls "Like This" as we stretched out our legs and arms. I began dancing after about a minute when Soojung joined in. We laughed as we both made mistakes and tried to cover them up. My ipod finished the song and changed to 2ne1's "Fire". 

"Hah! You still have this song? And you call me old.." Soojung laughed. I stuck my tongue out.

"At least I have more stamina!" I said as I perfectly did all the moves and mouthed the words.

"Ugh, maybe you should have just joined hip hop dancing." Soojung panted as she followed the moves and smiled.

"Whatevs...I'm too cool!" I snorted and sat on a chair. We sat close next to eat other as we checked the time.

"30 minutes before we should head out." We smiled as we poked the clock. I giggled as I went to my camera.

"Lets take some pictures. Before and after competition photos! Wouldn't that be cool? And we can make it into a collage~" I said as I thought about the pictures in my mind. Soojung and I grinning and making funny faces. She nodded and posed for the camera.

"Ugh, too much aegyo!" I complained as I took a couple of pictures. We changed faces after every couple of pictures. I playfully pushed her face.

"Yah...If you keep doing aegyo, I'm gonna beat your in the competition! No mercy!" I complained in a cute voice.

"Me?! Aegyo?! What about you!?" She laughed as I took candid pictures of her. I laughed and took pictures of myself until she her face in and squished her face next to mine, causing me to burst out laughing and coughing. She laughed loudly and wiped tears of happiness. I held my stomache as I thought it would burst. We both paused to catch our breath.

"Woah, we spent a lot of time....let's get going!" Soojung said as she looked at the time and stood. I nodded and followed her up the stairs, grabbed our bags and head out the door.

"It's pretty dark...but it's alright, good thing the street lights are on at this time." I smiled and linked her arm.

"Let's hurry. We should race...but I get 10 second head start! Deal? You're super fast, so it won't be fair." I laughed and nodded. Soojung slung her bag across her body so it would be easier to run. She took at  breathe and started running. I counted aloud.

"1!.....2!.....3!.......4!......5!...." I continued until I got up to ten. She was way up ahead of me, probably so far ahead, I wouldn't be able to catch up, but I still ran.

"Don't forget to look both ways before crossing! It's still dangerous!!" I screamed, hoping she would hear.

"OKAY!" She screamed. I laughed and tried to catch up. The night was quiet, and we thought it was only us. Soojung, me, and our happiness. That was...until it came.

"BORAMMM!! HURRRYUPPP! YOU'RE SLOWER THAN I THOUGHT NOW!" Soojung yelled as she was slowing down to check the road.

"HAH! YOU WISH!" I said, trying to catch up, but still trying to catch my breathe. 

"NU UH!" She said, proceeding to cross. "YOU SHOULD PICK UP THE PACE. OTHERWISE-" 

I froze......silence.

Silence....absolute silence

My eyes began to water, tears down my face. What just happened?