Saturday evenings

~Changing~

"Yah! Boram-ah!! We'll be late!" I heard Soojung yell from the kitchen. I sat on the couch, actually waiting for her.

"Hey, I'm the one waiting for you! You need to hurry up~" I laughed while she scurried into the living room dragging her bag. I stood and hung my bag from my shoulder. "Ready now?" She giggled and nodded. We slipped our shoes on and walked towards the dojo. 

"So, how does it feel like to live alone?" I asked Soojung. She lived alone in that house, and I wondered how she handles it all.

"Oh, I don't always live alone. Sometimes, my parents stop by. My parents pay all the bills, I just need to clean and stuff. It's not that complicated. Come over whenever you want. I gave you the spare key anyways." She told me, while we crossed the street, one block away from the dojo.

"Ohh~ that's cool. That's probably why you take care of everything. Besides, you'd probably be too lazy to work. We're 15." I smirked, stopping by the entrance of the dojo. 

"Okay, I'm going to say hello to Instructor Yun before changing. You go first!" Soojung insisted. I just nodded and entered the locker room. Instructor Yun was our fighting instructor. The patch on his back says "Yun Doojoon" In black felt, but we can only call him by Instructor Yun. He's sometimes nice, but don't be late. Last week, when someone was late, he had to clean the whole room after practice. I just shiver at the thought of it.

"Boram! You done yet?" Soojung asked, walking through the door. I nodded and closed my locker. I tied my belt and sat on a bench, and started stretching.

"Hurry your up! We'll both be late." I whined while she tried tying her belt. She still has trouble tying her belt, silly Soojung. I quickly tied her belt and grabbed her hand. 

"Thanks! Hahah, clumsy me, still confused on tying my belt." Soojung smiled and softly itchedher cheek. 

"That's what friends are for! Let's go~" I ran and she stumbled by her feet.

"Hey! Boram, let go of my hand~ I almost fell!" Soojung said in her baby voice. I and finally let go. We stretched, waiting for Instructor Yun to come out of his office.

"Good afternoon guys!" Instructor Yun happily cheered. Guess he was in a happy mood today.

"Good afternoon~" We all said in unison.

"Since you guys all stretched, grab a partner and start speed kicks on the bags. I'll be coming around and looking." He informed before setting up all the punching and kicking bags on a line. Soojung and I called the one on the far end. We began with our right leg. Kicking continuously, and switch!

"Good, good. Higher. Try postioning yourself more at an angle. No, don't do that or else you'll snap your ankle." We heard Instructor Yun say to one of the trainers. We giggled and stwitched. By this time, we were running close to the end of our stamina. Well, for Soojung that it. I had a lot more stamina than Soojung, but I would give her exercises to help build it up. She tried her best to maintain her balance, but began slacking.

"No! You have to kick! What are you? A baby? My grandma can kick better than that! Higher! Switch!" Instructor Yun began to be lose his temper. 

"I think it was a bad choice to choose the end. He sounds pretty mad..." I whispered to Soojung. She nodded and panted. She took a 2 second break and switched her footing.

"Harder! Stop kicking like a girl!" I pretty much heard him scoff at a teenage guy, maybe a little older than us. I shook it off and switched. This time he came by me and Soojung. Soojung was already sweating waterfalls.

"Good, good. Nicely done girls." His voice became nice and soft when he spoke to us. We smiled and switched.

'Okay! Everybody, start jogging around the room. We'll have a little competition at the end if we have time!" He clapped to get everyone's attention. We shook our bodies to loosen from kicking, and jogged.

"You alright Soojung? You look pooped out!" I teased, wiping my sweat with my sleeve.

"No! So much kicking, my legs are going to fall off~ How do you have so much energy? I'm envious." Soojung smiled, wiping her neck and forehead. I laughed and linked her arm.

"Don't worry. I have a secret! I'll show you after practice!" I winked and giggled. We stopped and gathered by the instructor.

"Okay, let's see. Who wants to try a little wrestling?" Instructor Yun smiled, clasping his hands. He chose two guys to go head to head. We cheered and ohh-ed/ahh-ed when we thought they were going to beat one another, until finally, one person pinned the other to the ground. We all clapped as the helped each other up and bowed.

"Okay! Good job guys! Practice next week afternoon! See you guys next week! Class dismissed~" Instructor Yun announced at the end. We all sweated and walked to the locker rooms to get changed.

"Are you ready for my secret?" I winked at Soojung. She nodded and tied her hair up after changing.

"Okay then..." I smiled as we walked near the street, "Taxi!!"