Chapter 7 -Leak-

The Case of Bloodless Girl

 

 

The detective woke up facing an unfamiliar ceiling. It was crude, the paint was cracking from a large area and small particles of paint seemed to constantly fall off. There was also the smell of an old house floating in the room that stuck to his nose. This was the hideout Kai used for the duration of their operation. Recently Sehun had spent his nights there sleeping on the matress placed on the floor in one of the dusty corners. His back ached since he was practically lying on the floor because of the poor quality of the mentioned "bed".

The room had been emptied from the computers and equipment that were previously there since Kai was ordered to return back to base. The only things left in the apartment were the matress, fridge and toilet. At least he still had water and electricity so it wasn't completely hopeless to live there. But even so.....this wasn't very mind lifting experiance. Due the fact he was being targeted by someone it wasn't safe for him to return to his own apartment for now. It wouldn't be a surprise to find his apartment all messed up and thoroughly rummaged the next time he returned.

Sehun rubbed his tired eyes and decided to get off the matress because he wasnn't going get any sleep anyway even if he wanted. He felt restless knowing that something unknown was going to take place very soon. Last night Sehun couldn't sleep even a wink because his mind was too preoccupied with everything he had learned in the past few days. He kept wondering what they were going to do that would turn the tables around? And what the hell was his purpose in their plans? What did they want from a man that lost everything? Kai said they would contact him once they were ready but how that was going to help him to survive in the meanwhile? The least they could do is to send a message or something to tell what they were doing like before. Not to forget Kai told things were radically going to change. That the detective would need stay on guard at all times. There was no telling how much longer he would have to endure such time of insecurity. Sehun would need to plan carefully what to do next because there were still matters that needed to be investigated, some of them being personal. Such as the issue: who was it that placed a tracker on him and why?

This was something Sehun had to do on his own. Kai probably could care less about the detective's personal issues and besides he was withdrawn from the field mission for time being. So while the agent was away dealing with his matters, Sehun had the time to conduct his own investigations to find answers. He would need to start his investigations from the police department because that's where all his problems began.

Sehun mumbled thoughtful as he was making his way out of the dust pit. He had to get in touch with Han to discuss some urgent matters. Hopefully the old man had his cell with him. Sehun dialed the number from the smartphone given by Kai's people. He was told not to use his own phone anymore since it could be easily tracked. The smartphone he had now was protected with anti-tracking, so to speak, it was safe to use. He waited until finally a voice was heard. Voicemail....

"Han. Hey, it's Sehun. There's something I ne--" Before he could finish his sentence someone picked up the call. It was Han. The doctor had not recognized the unknown number but when he heard the familiar voice of the brunet he answered the call.

Before Sehun could continue talk to the man Han was already telling him to come to a crime scene and meet there. Apparently something big had happened practically over night. The detective had to come as soon as possible to the given address. When Sehun pondered the address he realized it was the very address he had visited before, a place he knew all too well.

 

<<<~~~~>>>

 

A large group of people had gathered behind the tape line blocking the way leading to an old building in the middle of nowhere. Most these people were reporters but few of them were curious locals who came to see what all the fuzz was about. Through the pushy mob a camera crew made their way to the other side of the tape for an exclusive interview. Among them a woman in her high heels stumbled on the wet grass while she was trying to find balance and keep up with the rest of the crew. She cursed over everything she had to do and withstand to get a proper story. Well at least the police officer she was about to interview wasn't bad looking so the job had its perks. The reporter quickly fixed her hair, which looked like a bird's nest by now since it was slightly windy. The camera man signed her 1 minute before they were going live. Time for last minute check and they were on.

"We are reporting straight from the scene: the police has made a major discovery of locating the suspect's hideout they raided only recently. The hideout was located in a secluded area on outskirts of the city of Seoul near a forest. As you can see on the backround. There is the hideout. It is a rundown old warehouse that hasn't been used for years. After the police made their way to the property what they found inside the house was a  something no one expected. They discovered significant amounts of unregistered blood." The reporter moved a little and then gestured the camera to shift to the man standing next to her before she continued to interview her guest.

"This incident has been lately on everyone's mind - The mysterious "vampire incident" . It was named like that after a bloodless young female student was found in a park by a jogger. From there on the case has now escalated into a public gossip about a killer vampire being on the loose. Whether these are true, we shall hear more about the case now from the main investigator himself." She came closer to the officer and gave a polite bow to the man who returned the gesture, however in a bit more subtle way. Despite her efforts to smile radiantly at the investigator he didn't seem to take the hint to look even a little more pleasant and less serious in front of the camera.

"Thank you for sparing us your time investigator Sambyul. Can you tell us what is currently going on? Do you have any idea about the origins of the blood found in the warehouse?"

"We cannot reveal any details hence the investigations are still open and currently we have our hands full analyzing all the confiscated blood and comparing it to the existing data to see whether we have any matches. So in these early stages it is impossible to say what this case will reveal about itself." The reporter lady was a bit disappointed at the round about answer she received from the elder officer but this was all she got for now.

"How do you react to the fact that the public seems to think the killer is a vampire? That this case is somehow related to the previous "vampire incident" that took place years ago." Sambyul raised a brow at the sudden question. He didn't like the fact the reporter brought up the previous incident. She was overstepping her boundaries however he had to provide an answer.

"We are still looking in to the possible connection between the two incidents. I can't say anything more regarding the issue. What comes to vampires: We can assure you that all the talk about vampires is the sole creation of tabloids. Vampires don't exist in other than story books and imagination. Now if you'll excuse me I need to return to my duties." The reporter stepped back slightly giving way to the officer and thanked Sambyul for his short time. After that it was time for the closure.

"The police are continuing their investigations as we speak but the case seems to be a mystery even for the police. So far this has been their first and largest blood confiscation. Nothing like this has occured before so right now we can only have guesses about where all that blood came from and who's behind this. This is Kim Nana from Early Edition." After the closure the TV crew collected their equipment and headed for their van to move on to the next scene. Sambyul was leaving to continue with his investigation when he was suddenly stopped by a comment coming from the crowd.

"That was a nice speech." Those words full of sarcasm and obviously directed at him. Sambyul scanned the people quickly detecting where that familiar voice came from. A young brunet was stading among the fuzzing reporters and police who fought to keep the ever curious crowd away from the crime scene. He was smirking at the investigator behind the police tape further down the yard. That kid never learned to keep his nose off of other peoples' business.

"If it isn't Oh Sehun. I'm surprised you haven't crawled under a rock in shame."

"You clearly misunderstand something here Sambyul. I chose to leave instead of lowering my head to them. I believe what I did was right so I have no reason to take blame for something I didn't do. If you wondered, I don't regret a thing I did." Sambyul snorted at the comment. The boy's confidence was as high as ever despite losing his job. His guts really annoyed the elder but he managed to hold back his agitation.

"Either way, you're no longer under the service of SMPA. Now you're nothing more than a civilian so you should leave the real investigating to the police. Besides this is MY case now." Sambyul wore an obnoxious look while gesturing Sehun to scram.

"I just came to see what the hassle was all about. Seeing how things are going, I have to congratulate you investigator Sambyul. You actually made a major discovery." Sehun gave a shallow smile to the elder since he knew it wasn't even his discovery.

"Sehun, I would more than gladly show you out personally but I have a job to do unlike someone," Sambyul narrowed his eyes into thin lines, "former detective." He called some officers to guide Sehun out of the scene with the rest of the unwanted side watchers. But before he could have the pleasure of seeing the boy being dragged away another personel stopped him.

"That is enough already." Doctor Han stood there wearing a grim expression and told the two officers leave the young male under his care. After all he was the one to invite Sehun to the crime scene in the first place. Han pulled out a visitor's pass from his pocket and handed it out to Sehun. Then he turned to Sambyul who was about to protest againt his actions but was silenced by the forensics doctor's angry glare.

"I know you two aren't in the best of terms but this is a crime scene for goodness sake. Solve your differences elsewhere, I don't want you to fight here and mess up MY crime scene. And I mean it. I will throw you both out if I see any fighting." Han watched both men sharply, confirming from their expressions that they understood. Sambyul was annoyed but he complied to the doctor's will begrudgingly. Althought Han was in the forensics he was the CSI unit's head, which means he holds the power to take over the crime scene if necessary. Simply put, it wasn't wise to go against him in a fight that was already lost.

"Tch, do whatever you want" was all the investigator said before he stormed off, stomping the grass flat on his way across the yard. Han watched after the other as he went and let out a sigh. Whether it was a sigh of relief or concern Sehun couldn't tell but the doctor relaxed a little now that Sambyul was gone. Sehun followed his former supervisor to the crime scene careful not to trip on any of the equipment lying around. Han told the other investigators to take a break from their search.  Only when he was sure everyone had left he continued further into the warehouse Sehun following closely on his heels. They finally entered the back room which was mainly covered in various blood stains, the room where Lucius processed the blood. Even if he had seen the gruesome room before it still made him uneasy because he knew the red substance on the walls and floors was none other than human blood. Han turned to face the detective with a serious look but didn't say anything at first, which made Sehun frown in response. Han must have had some heavy reason to invite the detective to the crime scene otherwise he wouldn't have told everyone to get out for them to be alone.

"I suppose you didn't call me here to see whether I throw up this time?" The elder watched Sehun for a while his serious expression eventually shifting to that of a slightly amused one. Yes, all this seriousness simply didn't suit his nature.

"No, indeed not." The elderly chuckled before he cleared his throat and turned to face the crude display of blood. Han gestured to the room asking for Sehun's analyze of the scene. For a moment the detective studied his surroundings looking at the various equipment and dried up blood lying around. What was he supposed to say? He had seen this scene while the blood was still fresh on the walls and searched the whole house and its surroundings through and through.

"The blood has been there for quite a while since the substance already dried up. The direction of the splatters indicate this was done in a hurry. Maybe our suspect was running away from something and trying to discard the evidence." Sehun walked over to one of the puddles of blood on the floor and pointed out the oddly sharp clean area.

"Judging by the shape of this clean space, the suspect had something here but I'm not sure what. It must have been accidently stained with blood while the suspect was doing those wall paintings. Anyway the object was important too important to leave behind and took it with him." Han had a mild smile. The boy was as sharp as always. In a matter of seconds he picked up the details of the scene and pointed them out.

"I wouldn't be surprised if I found out it was you who sent the hint." The detective froze at the sudden words. Did the elder figure out something? If he did, how much did he know? Sehun stopped his search and glanced at the forensics investigator. He raised his eyebrow and folded his arms on his chest.

"You think I have something to do with this?"

"Then do you?" Han had always been straight forward with words and wasn't afraid to show his thoughts. Sehun wondered for a moment there if the man was serious with his question but then discarded it as one Han's weird jokes.

"Very funny. Han, just tell me the real reason you called me here because I greatly doubt you called only  to have me investigate the crime scene for you." The doctor gestured the boy to come closer. Apparently the issue regarded something that should not be discussed openly. Sehun strided back to the doorway to hear out what the other what he had to say.

"As you saw outside, the press is all over the place. Apparently the hideout's location was also leaked to the reporters. Because of that we, investigators, are placed in a difficult position. The public is pressuring the higher ups and they in turn roll the blame on us. They want us provide answers we don't have yet."

"In a nutshell the police is in trouble." Sehun bluntly stated. Han had to agree since there was no point in hiding it from the only man who had managed to make progress to the case others viewed as mission impossible.

"We need your help with this. I don't trust Sambyul's ability to lead an investigation of this scale especially when the police is about just as clueless as the public. Sangwoo knows the depth of my concerns but he's powerless to help. He's got his hands full trying to calm the press."

Sehun nodded understanding the scale of the matter. This was kind of expected since everything has its consequences. The leak was truly an issue. The police struggled to hold their pride under the judging eyes of the media and the citizen's were in fear of an unknown killer on the loose.

"We need someone to investigate for us from the shadows, away from the public eye and the police."

"And the police?" Sehun's senses alarmed. Was there something going on within the police department as well?

"Recently we found out there has been leaks within the police. Currently we don't know who the leaker is nor have the time to look for him with the whole department in chaos. Sehun, I want you to find out who it is. We in the police are too close to see our faults. Sometimes it's better to observe the situation from the outside to get a better understanding of what's happening."

"I see where you're coming from...." The police finally found out about the inner leak, which Sehun had been vaguely aware ever since the club incident. What Han told only confirmed the fact that the police wasn't doing too great and this was getting out of hand. It would have been unfair to ask Han's help in this situation when the man was already working without sleep. Sehun just had to work this out on his own.

Han noticed the detective's mind was distracted by other thoughts and concluded it was better to give they boy some space to think things through. In the end he was asking the boy of something he shouldn't be involved in anymore - To put his life on the line possibly as well. There was just no telling what else this case held hidden inside.

"If you decide to help us you've got mine and Sangwoo's support. Contact me if you change your mind or find something that might help us. Oh yes, and don't hesitate to come to see me in the police department. Even if you are no longer a police it doesn't mean you can't come to visit your former colleagues." The elder gave a subtle smile, knowing the other understood the hint. With everything said Sehun took his leave. Deep in thought he wandered to the yard while thinking Han's words. Sangwoo could probably tell more about the details of the leak, making the police station the best starting point. Then he would rule out the suspects one by one.

"Leaving already?"

Sehun halted to find Sambyul smoking a cigarette next to the front door. Hopefully he had not heard any of the discussion with Han otherwise things could get nasty. Sehun was now officially a civilian and sharing SMPA's inner information regarding investigations and the leak could be considered as a serious crime.

"Didn't you have work to do rather than taking a smoke, investigator?" Judging by the way Sambyul reacted, the investigator had not heard anything. It was a relief but even so Sehun shouldn't relax around the man.

Sambyul came closer to the brunet towering over the smaller he so much seemed to hate; ignoring the words just said to him. The elder was much taller than Sehun and had wide shoulders - a built rather fitting for a cop....or a ganster.

"Thanks to Han you were allowed to stay but the next time I find you nosing around the crime scenes I'll arrest you for disruption of justice, got that?" Sambyul was serious with his claims to arrrest the other on sight. Technically he held the authority to arrest Sehun but since the former detective was currently invited he couldn't. It wasn't the first time the investigator spew threats but this time he seemed to be really on the edge.

"I'll keep that in mind. But shouldn't you get going since they seem to be calling you?"

Sambyul ditched his smoke while scoffing annoyed over the fact that there actually was people calling for him. Reluctantly he left to see what was the issue. When the man was out of earshot Sehun mumbled to himself. Like Sambyul could ever find anything - Other than ways of slipping away from his duties. That man was better off being commanded around rather than leading others. He simply didn't have what it took to lead. Han was right, this investigation wouldn't get anywhere unless someone else took over. Han didn't have the time with all the hundreds of different blood samples piling up in his unit and Sangwoo had to calm the press while the higher ups were breathing to his neck. Sehun was the only option the two unit heads could resort to - Someone they could put their faith in.

 

<<<~~~~>>>

 

The homicide unit head stormed across corridors. His subjects avoided the elder and quietly pretended to be busy so that they didn't need to face their enraged superior. Sangwoo had had enough of the pestering reporters. He had spent the whole morning fighting the press ever since the news of the hideout leaked out somehow to the media. But that wasn't the only issue he had anymore. There was a serious leak within the police and what's more - It was inside his unit. Someone had placed bugs in several places inside the department - Even his own office had been spied on. The issue was larger and more serious than they had imagined but with the department being in total state of chaos they simply didn't have the men or resources to start looking the leaker. His hands were tied to handling the publicity caused by the vampire incident and informing the higher ups of their progress.

If someone took a closer look at the elder he could see dark circles drawn around his eyes, without doubt they were caused by lack of sleep. Sangwoo had probably spent the whole night at the crime scene and now that the man finally thought he could have a little time to rest, the vampire incident was all over the news.

"Scoop of the century....more like a disaster of the century....." he mumbled annoyed and took a gulp of his steaming coffee, burning his mouth while doing so. There was just too much in his mind to remember the coffee was hot, not cold like it usually was. The elder cursed in the middle of the hallway, making curious heads raise from the workstations. As soon as Sangwoo lifted his gaze the heads disappeared. Ignoring the curious eyes made at him the superior made his way back to his office to continue his work and take a deserved rest because he really needed one after working for almost straight 24 hours. Anyone who had been up that long would turn grumpy in the end and Sangwoo was no exception.

When he entered the shelter of his office he startled at the sight of a young brunet sitting on his chair. "Welcome," was all the boy said before he rose from the chair letting the elder take the seat. Somehow Sehun had made his way into the unit head's office without the elder's notice.

"I assume you have learned about the situation from Han. As you know someone leaked the information to the media and made us the headline news on every news channel and paper. You can imagine how hard it is to get anything done with the press constantly preying on us..."

"Ah, things don't seem to go too well here after I left. I heard from Han about some anonymous hint sent here that revealed the hideout's location. If possible may I see it?" Sangwoo fetched a copy of the letter sent to him from his personal archives and handed it to the young male sitting opposite of him, on the other side of his desk.

"We don't know about the origins of that letter, but whoever sent it must know more about this case because no ordinary person would know something like this. We concluded here that the sender must have been either the killer himself or someone else related to this case."

Sehun studied the letter, there seemed to be nothing out of the ordinary. Just a letter with exact directions to a specific location and explanation of what the place was - A hideout of the vampire killer. Completely normal - There was no frigging way someone just sent a letter like that.

It must have been them, Sehun concluded. According to Kai the blood business wanted to remain hidden using any means possible. The less people knew about it's existance the better for them. They needed people to keep donating blood in order for their business to keep going. Killing a person might have been the fastest way to obtain blood but it was also more troublesome mess to clean than fooling the people donate it of their own free will.

Considering these facts, Kai's organization had to act fast while the trail was still fresh to have more impact in their sudden move. The case was now all over the news and there was no way of covering it up anymore by the higher ups. Yes, even some of the higher ups were involved in this scandal but there was no telling who and where. Lucius was the only connection to them so they had to catch the man to find the true masterminds. Now that the cat was on the table; they waited for their target to make a move.

"Did you figure out something?" the elder leaned in interested if the boy was able to find out something they had not. The detective handed the letter back to Sangwoo, shaking his head. It was better Sangwoo didn't know about the people Sehun had been working with the past days so he had to lie to the man to keep him safe.

"Nothing, unfortunately....Superior Park--" The elder interrupted and told it was okey to refer to him as simply Sangwoo since he didn't care much about the formalities anyway. He preferred to be called just by his name when the conversation was between just the two of them. After this Sehun tried asking again, the elder letting him finish his sentence this time.

"You want to know more about the details of the leak?" Sangwoo pondered for a while before he continued his answer. "Well the bugs we found are the most obvious findings but so far we don't know if any of our data has been hacked. Our IT-unit is currently working on it. We just know that someone has spied our communication lines and the leak happened somewhere within our unit." Sangwoo admitted grimly. He didn't want to believe someone from his own unit could be a spy. He had known many of the people there for a long time now and called them his friends.

"Sangwoo, I need to have a look at the homicide unit's personal files. I must see them in order to investigate further into the leak matter. If possible I'd also like to have one of your trackers." Sangwoo frowned at first wondering what the younger had figured out until he received an explanation.

Sehun was very closely related to the leak issue because he had been bugged as well. Most likely the one who bugged him probably placed the other bugs as well around the police department. Only someone within the police could move freely between the units without causing suspicions. Which fit within the list of people Sehun met that day. Among those people the ones that had been within distance to even possibly place a bug on him were Han, Sangwoo, Heo and Sambyul. Ironicly speaking the people closest and the only person in the homicide unit who seemed to openly hate him. Out of the four Sambyul was the most obvious suspect. And if the leaker really was someone from the homicide unit it ruled out everyone else except superior Park Sangwoo and officer Hong Sambyul. If Sehun remembered back to the day he met the two men, the only contact he had with superior Sangwoo was their handshake but when it came Sambyul.....He had plenty of opportunities when he harassed the detective. Without doubt Sambyul was the man they were looking for. Sehun had strong faith in his intuition but Sangwoo on the other hand found it hard to believe the words he just heard. The unit head had known the elder officer ever since the man first joined the police force.

"Those are strong words even from you." Sehun noded back he was fully aware of what he was doing. Sangwoo sighed with a troubled expression. If the young indeed was right, it would be a scandal when a high ranking investigator was found to be guilty to a severe intel leak.

"You do understand you're accusing one of our senior officers with much more years of experience under his belt than you. I don't deny the fact that you could be right in this but whatever you do.  You're going to need proof to support your theory because good theories and words alone don't count in court. They want something solid or an eye witness, which we don't have. I can already tell that your testify doesn't count. There are many that can say your relationship with Sambyul was bad to begin with and you basicly hated each other rather openly. The court would only see the accusations as your personal grudge and dismiss the charges."

Sangwoo told the young to be discreet whatever he was going to do because if he got caught nothing could save him not even the unit head's explanation. The detective knew this much, which was why he needed Sangwoo's help in this. If the unit head could keep an eye on Sambyul, in the meantime Sehun investigated further into the leak incident so they could catch their man.

 

<<<~~~~>>>

 

Sehun made his way to the IT-unit, looking for that certain person, who could help him catch Sambyul. The people one could trust within the department were scarce, but this person had helped the detective before with the cases, knowing that he might get into trouble for doing so. This person was the IT-specialist in training, Heo. The man was often cooped up in the IT-room, working on his projects for the department. He said the computer room was the safest place for him to spend his time in private since not many got lost in the wussy unit's quaters.

Like the detective had assumed the nerd was sitting in the dusty corners of the computer room. Frequent tapping was heard as Sehun approached the crouching figure, whose eyes were fixated on the flickering screen.

"Heo," Sehun called, startling the other in the process. Heo had not noticed someone had entered his space, and only when Sehun was practically right next to him, patting his shoulder, did he see the newcomer.

"Sehun?" For a moment the nerd was confused because as far as he knew Sehun had left the police. "Where the hell have you been? And what the hell are you doing here?" Before Heo could continue the other shushed him not to be so loud since the man was here despite the fact he was now officially a civilian and basicly had no rights to wander around the department so freely. Once they had calmed down Sehun explained his reason for being there.

"I need you to share me the IT-unit's latest information regarding the leak issue. I want to know if someone has tampered the database." Sehun whispered quietly. After all he wasn't supposed to know about the internal investigations going on.

"What? How do you know about that? And do you have any idea to what kind of trouble I can get into for doing that?" Heo crossed his arms not amused the slightest.

"Well, that hasn't stopped you from helping me before." Heo gritted his teeth, unsure what to do about Sehun's request. The man was his friend, but this time following his lead could really cause him serious issues.

"This is the very last time I'll ask you of anything. Please." Sehun never added a please to his requests but now he really meant it. It was of utmost importance for him to get Heo's support to chase down the leak.

Somehow the detective could always talk him into breaking rules, and this time was no different. Sighing Heo told the IT-unit had managed to locate a breach in the security. That there were missing files and files that had been altered, but the team had yet to investigate the incident further.  Sehun pushed the specialist to look into the matter and soon enough the nerd was going through the databasefor a thoroughly check, searching for any irregularities until something unusual caught their attention.

"As far as I know this code.... It doesn't belong there," Heo wondered the weird coding attached to a case file connected to the homicide unit. The file was rather large to be just a file, without doubt it had to conceal something else within. Sehun glanced at the nerd, asking if the code could be cracked.

"Ah, just give me a moment, it doesn't seem too complicated. I should be able to change the coding's form into a more readable version." Heo took his time translating the code, Sehun observing at the side him doing his magic. When the decoding was finally done, the code turned out to be a message, a contact from someone. The leaker was arranging a meeting and the date was set today.

The picture was finally coming together. It was most likely that Sambyul was the person that placed the bugs althought there wasn't evident proof of it. But Sambyul himself wasn't the leaker, he was just a person aiding the mastermind. When it came to the hacking Sambyul would never have been able to pull that off because he was no professional, but if the elder officer was working with someone it made more sense. The missing files in the database where all connected to the vampire incident one way or another. Through Sambyul one could get inside information about the process of the case and strike precisely to the specific files to alter the results to suit their own purposes.

"Damn....We should tell about this to the -" Before Heo could finish his sentence the detective was already gone, rushing out of the door and hurrying to that place where his leaker was going to be. By now Sehun was sure about the person working with Sambyul especially after realizing the connection between the missing files. That person was none other than the man who started all of this, Lucius.

In a matter of minutes Sehun was on the road following the directions to the promised place, which was an abandoned building that was located away from the city center. It was an old factory that was to be demolished due to its old age. There were rusty pipes and rubble here and there. Overall the place was covered in dust because the building had not been used in a long time. There was no electricity but some light came in from the broken windows so it wasn't exactly dark in there but dim.

Sehun proceeded deeper into the building, ready to retaliate quickly at the first sign of danger. He kept on the move until he entered to a vast factory hall with old dusty machinery and rusty pipes dominating the space. The place was practically a metal jungle with dark spaces and blocked paths. Having a clear shot there would be hard unless the target was close.

It didn't take long before Sehun's senses picked up the presence of another in the area. The steps of another person were heard in the space. Small grains of sand rustled under the person's feet as he moved around not too far from the hiding detective. Soundlessly Sehun shifted his position and steadied his breathing. A person in all black appeared in the hall. His face didn't show clearly because of the dark shadow cast by the surrounding metal structures. He was carrying a hard covered suitcase, similar to the one Sehun had seen back in Namdaemun market. This man was definitely the one he was looking for, Lucius.

"Don't take another step" Sehun dared. "Stop hiding in the dark, Lucius." He commanded pointing his gun at the dark figure standing in the shadow, which slowly moved closer until he was completely visible. As soon as the figure stepped away from the dark Sehun  tensed at the sight. He simply couldn't believe his eyes.

A young man with dark hair, in his mid-twenties was now facing towards the detective his mouth now turned into a grin for witnessing the other's obvious shock. Sehun inhaled sharply and breathed out a single name escaping his lips, the name of a person he considered as his friend.

"....Heo...."
 

 


A/N:

WIAN13: Sorry it took so long, but...YES, THE UPDATE IS HERE. The triple update is finally here! This update will bring episode 2 to it's end. We did our very best to while writing this, or to be more precise I did. Vapaajalka pretty much reads the beta versions and either says "I approve this " or "this is seriously lacking something". And I continue working according to the divine judgement. [How sad is this?]

[Vapaajalka is currently laughing behind me this evil laughter you see in the movies.]

Anyway, it was annoying trying to figure out the missing parts. I basicly didn't sleep last night at all and nor did Vapaajalka. This project was like: We can frigging do this, and we'll do it tonight! I don't know how we always end up working in the middle of the night, but somehow it just always ends up like that.

Have more fun reading the chapters than I had writing them. Okey, I had fun, but there's always those parts that create issues when you don't know how the story goes.

VAPAAJALKA: Seriously, I'm too old for this, I want to go sleep when people normally go to sleep and not 5 AM.

WIAN13: Oh, just wait for the next update. YOU WILL BE reading this no matter what the clock says. [devilish smirk]

[....dying whale sounds....] <---VAPAAJALKA

Anyway, on the behalf of the authors please enjoy and comment.