Chapter 3 -Beneath The Surface-

The Case of Bloodless Girl

 

The day was turning into night, lights were lit one by one through out the city. Streets were turning empty as blue and white collar workers hurried home, meanwhile the younger generation was getting ready for the night. Seoul's nightlife was slowly waking up, clubs and bars were preparing for happy hours and for the never ending partying.  At the heart of Seoul's nightlife was Gangnam. If you walked down the streets you could see that in front of the most popular clubs young people had already lined up waiting for the opening. Celebrities arrived in their expensive luxury cars and were guided to the club through VIP entries avoiding unwanted attention but even so the tabloids' reporters were at their heels like lions going in for the kill. Celebrities, runway fashion, gorgeous people and money. This was what Gangnam was made of and while in Gangnam you party with style. The Gangnam style.

There he was, examining a light board lit by red neon lights. The banner said Night club "BLOOD". Next to the entrance was a fine line of beautiful young women who were queuing to get inside. As Sehun stood there, studying the surroundings, his presence didn't go unnoticed. Two of the girls at the top of the queue started waving, inviting Sehun to join them.

"Hey you, if you want to go inside the club get in line or off."

"Hey, hey, no need to get physical." Sehun stepped back a bit keeping his distance to the edgy doorman who seemed to prefer female customers over men. Ahh, the ever so friendly doormen but of course he's only doing his job. The security of clubs has tightened due to all the recent commotion in the media. Clubs can't risk having any issues with the police since rumors go around fast in these circles. If a club gets bad reputation its sure to have an impact on the business. He glanced at the girls and flashed them his most charming smile.

"I'm well on my way inside if you don't mind stepping aside. Shall we go ladies?" The girls giggled in delight for getting such cool guy to them. One girl on each side Sehun entered the club leaving the grumpy doorman behind. Most clubs aren't too friendly when it comes to the police since it's bad for business so in order for Sehun to get free access to the club it was best for him to go undercover as a customer.

Club BLOOD seemed like a normal night club on the surface but beneath the facade was a world of hosts. The services were not familiar phenomenom in Korea, yet these places still existed. They work in secret and avoid drawing any unfavorable attention to keep their business booming. In most of the clubs customers range from celebrities and politicians to commoners. Their aim is to have as many customers as possible who regularly visit their shops. Those bastards don't care who they rob and these prices are just insane. Sehun studied the prices when they passed a bar counter while searching for a free table. It took a while before Sehun found  sufficient seats that served his purpose. The seats weren't too close the dance floor nor the bar which made it possible to hold a bit more private conversation as people didn't pass the table all the time. Sehun sat in the table a girl on each side clinging to his arms. They kept bombing him with a barrage of questions ranging from his job to his private life, at times it was hard to keep up with the two girls. Eventually one of the girls went to bathroom after consuming series of different alcohol. Another left but the other saw her chance to get closer to the handsome man beside her.

"Just between us, do you happen to be one of the "vampires"?"

"Vampire?" A vampire? Yoon-Ah also mentioned him being a vampire. What does it mean? I must dig deeper into the matter. Sehun tried to play his charms to get information out of the girl who seemed to know more about what was going on behind the scenes.

"For you I might be." Such a cheesy line but luckily she's drunk.

"Njaah~ You're so charming." She curled around Sehun's arm and tried give a drunken kiss but lucky for him she missed.

"Tell me, are there others like me?" The girl seemed confused over the sudden question but then thought for a while.

"Ah, I know one, it's you.....You are cool and chic, and so much better than others." Others? Who is she referring to? I can't ask her straight since she might become suspicious so I have to have a little different approach in the matter.

"Well, what were these others like if I'm so much better?"

"Why do you talk about others when I already chose you....? Hey, are you trying to dump me?" The girl pulled back sending off doubting looks due to Sehun's unusual interest. , if she starts a scene it's all over.

"No babe, I am already bewitched by you and I can't help but to feel jealousy over these others you mentioned." Sehun came closer looking the girl straight in the eyes while gently picking her hand.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure you'll think of nothing else but me." The suspecting expression had faded and the girl was staring agape. To diminish the remaining doubts Sehun gave a sweet kiss on the girl's hand.

"You're such a bad boy" A light blush was spreading over the girl's face as she pulled her hand back. She then came closer, close enough to lightly whisper into Sehun's ear.

"There was another called "Lucius" but no one has seen him for a while." Sehun turned to face the girl who was now inches away from his lips.

"Then what can I do?" Sehun whispered back enticingly, softly blowing into her ear, giving her shivers. The girl his brown locks gently and brushed her lips against Sehun's smooth skin.

"It was rumoured he gave special service to his customers no other could provide, people said he wasn't just a vampire but a real one." There it was again. A vampire? What does it mean?  He wasn't left with much time to process her words because his lips were too busy sharing a deep kiss. What Sehun had started as a game ended as a fiery mess of kisses.

"Ya, guys!"

The friend stood there her hands crossed. She had just returned from the bathroom and seemed like she wasn't too happy to see the kissing scene. She pulled her drunken friend off the man and stormed to the ladies room. God women are scary when they're angry but thanks to her I was saved from that drunken fiend--- I mean friend. Sehun took this chance to blend in to the crowd and look around the club searching for more possible information regarding Mr. A, vampires and the person called "Lucius". The answers are all here, I know it. The club was divided in two floors, on the ground lever was dance floor, DJ booth and few bars, on the upper floor were one additional bar and a balcony with it's own bar exclusively for the VIPs.

Everything seems like a normal night club, except the unusually tight security. Is it because of the recent uproar in the news or other issues related to their internal actions either way this club is hiding more than just running an illegal business. Something else has made them  more alert than usual. Leaning over the steel railing Sehun observed the party from a corner on the upper floor trying to detect the possible hosts working in the club. First he focused on locating the tables where were at least couple of women chatting up a guy then he narrowed the tables to the ones with men wearing rather fancy looking clothes and to the ones where men seemed to be "serving" the ladies. The club earns accordingly to how many drinks the customer consumes so the hosts job was to keep their glasses filled and get her to buy more.

There are at least from 2 to 4 hosts down there and 1 or 2 on this floor which makes in total 3 or 6 suspects. I need to talk to each one of them but that's easier said than done.  Although there are distractions I can't underestimate the security. It would be best if I were able to draw them outside and then question them--- Sehun's thought was cut out short when he noticed the security was taking action on the lower floor, signing some men to block the exits and others scout the area. Did they figure out my real indentity or was it something else? Whatever the reason it's not safe for me to stay. It's time for me to leave, after all I'm doing this investigation on my own accord therefore if I'm exposed this might spread to involve the rest of the police force as well. I can imagine that the tabloids would be all over this "undercover scandal". While heading to the stairway, connecting the two floors, he avoided open areas and remained in shadows. He stopped to have another look at the ground floor. The security was everywhere althought not very openly but they were there. There's no way for me to get close to the hosts anymore so now it's more important to get out of here. The main entrance and the fire exits are blocked but there might be a staff exit which could be unsecured. I need to bet on my luck and hope that there even is a seperate staff exit. I wish they're not expecting me otherwise things could get ugly.

Sehun startled when he detected a pair scouts climbing up the stairs, sent to search the upper floor. Quickly he withdrew behind a corner and chatted up some girls, only a moment after the men passed him. One continued further in to the second floor the other remained on guard near the stairway. Althought this was a set back, one guard was a minor obstacle compared to the challenge Sehun was about to face next, ground floor filled with security.

"Girls---" Sehun leaned in whispering to the girls. "Do you see that man wearing a suit by the srairway? He's my friend and is a bit shy so~ I was wondering if you could chat him up a bit."

"Hmm....." The girls figured while inspecting Sehun then checking the man in question. "We'll talk to him, but only because you're so cute." One girl brushed Sehun's shoulder lightly and flashed a seductive smile before following the other. The guard had his hands full trying concentrate on his job and fending off a curious pair of girls at the same time. Now that his attention is divided I have a chance to slip right under his nose.  Sehun headed out to the stairs once again, this time successfully making it to the lower floor. On the ground level there were much more going on, dancing people, light shows and smoke screens which made it harder to keep track of your surroundings. The pursuers had issues as well hence they could not keep complete track of what's going on among the party nation. This was Sehun's best asset and  he made sure to use it efficiently, managing to go unnoticed. When he finally reached the other side of the dance floor he hid behind a pillar where he could have a straight visual contact to the staff entrance. I need to create a diversion to get past the guard and snatch his keycard to gain access to the staff area. Sehun intently scanned the floor his gaze stopping at the DJ booth. Bingo.

"This should be enough to cause confusion." Sorry people, but you're going to loose your music for a while due to technical issues. The music stopped instantly with an electronic buzz, screeching sounds filling the air instead. Diversion. Success. Part two. Begin. Swiftly he moved in the crowd towards to the guard and stumbled at his feet.

"HEY WATCH IT." The guard yelled agited and pushed Sehun aside. He was already too preoccupied by the noise and the rising uneasiness among the customers that he paid little attention to the man who had bumbed into him but continued his stride to the DJ booth leaving the staff entrance unguarded.

"Sorry, I guess I'm a bit drunken." And thank you for the key card. The card reader showed green light and the door opened with a click, quietly he slipped through the door continuing to make his way out of the building.

What in the world---? He found himself in a maze of hallways leading to god knows where. Damn, this place is large. As he walked down the hallway he noticed a floor plan placed on the wall to guide to the fire exits, according to it Sehun had entered the main staff hallway which lead to kitchen, break area, bathroom, security room, locker rooms and other places. Hastily he studied the plans trying to memorize the exits. I can't remain here for too long because the guard will soon realize his key card is missing. Speak of the devil someone is coming. Sehun heard speech and fast paced steps closing in on his location. Immediately he randomly entered one of the doors on the hallway finding himself cramped in a cleaner's closet with a broom sticking to his side. Ugh, just my luck. At least I can say they keep the place clean.

"We got the guy, he's being delivered to the storage for further interrogation as we speak. Do you want us to wait until you arrive or should we start with a little warm up?" That man...He is probably talking on the phone but who is he talking about? If I'm here, who is it they caught then? Was there someone else they were after? This is something I have to find out however getting out of here first is my top priority.

"Understood, we'll wait for your arrival." The one on the other end must be the owner of this club. So this guy must be the club manager, eh? He ended the call abruptly as he heard another pair of steps coming down the hallway making it's way to the man.

"What's our status?"

"The problem with the DJ booth has been fixed and the music plays without interference."

"What was the reason behind the malfunction?"

"At first we couldn't locate the source for the malfunction.  We assumed the speakers were at fault but then we found out that the error was caused by wrong linkings to the sound systems. Someone had tampered them because when we checked them earlier, they were working just fine."

"I see...Make sure this doesn't happen again."

"Yes sir. What should we tell to the customers?"

"Tell them we had a momentarily technical issue and as compensation for the disturbance the club will offer a free drink. People will forget the incident faster if they get free goods."

"Yes sir, and what directions should I give to the bartenders?"

"The cheapest drink on the menu is on the house if one wants something that costs more he'll have to pay up the difference. The VIPs are allowed to have any drink of their choice for free."

"Understood, I'll inform them." He gave a hasty bow and disappeared thought one of the doors. Just as the other had taken his leave another personel came up to report the current situation. This time Sehun recognized the voice, it was the guard he had deliberately bumbed into.

"Boss, one key card has gone missing during the events."

"And?"

"We have reason to believe the cultprit behind the sound system incident has the card. Boss, I think they might be working together."

"So there are more rats than the one we caught...."

"How should we proceed with the issue?"

"Make sure nobody leaves this building until the other is caught. Help the floor team to locate our uninvited guest then take him to the storage. The rats are social creatures after all. They need company. "

"Understood, I think I already have a person in mind who might be our rat." , this guy can recognize me! And why the hell am I lumped together with that random other guy? ARG, if I hadn't done anything I'd been just fine. Anyway back to the situation at hand. These guys mean business so getting out of here is getting harder by each passing moment. Then we have this mysterious other guy they spoke of. Sehun eavesdropped through the door trying figure out if his pursuers were still there. Opening the door slightly he made sure the road was clear before stepping out the closet.

God...I'm coming out of the closet. I swear I'd never hear the end of it if my co-workers saw this. The halls were echoing with rapid footsteps and voices coming from the other rooms. They're checking the rooms one by one. It is only a matter of time before they'll find me! Unless. The guard must be currently assisting the floor team to scout the club since he's the only one who has seen me. So theorically speaking if I pretend to be a worker here I might be able to pass inspection. This is a gamble but what else do I have? This is the best chance I've got.

"Search every room and closet, he's here somewhere! If he's not found it will be us who are receiving his wrath."

"We found someone!" The man hurried to one of the locker rooms to see reason he was called for, they presented him a puny looking dusty man wearing a cap and green overalls carrying a broom and a bucket.

"Imbecils that's a ing janitor! I'm NOT interested in a man who wears a ing green tracksuit and smells like dump ! MOVE IT!" The others left in a hurry leaving their superior with the janitor.

"And you...Eww what's that smell you have"

"I was cleaning the toilets----"

"I DON'T CARE what you did, just stay the hell away from me." With a bang the man slammed the locker room door making the janitor the only one left behind. He picked up his equipment and made his way to the hallway. When he was about to take his leave, he was called out.

"You! Come here." The janitor turned but remained still as if he preferred to keep the distance they had.

"Yes, how may I help you sir?" The man closed in on the other until they were standing right in front of each other but even so the janitor kept staring down the cap concealing his face.

"There's no clean up scheduled today." The man stated as he grabbed the janitor's sleeve holding it in a tight grip. He was growing more and more suspicious over the other's identity and motives.

"Oh, there isn't? Then I must have the wrong building."

"Wait, you're not going anywhere." The janitor now raised his head to meet the other.

"Well that's unfortunately true---"Sehun gave the man a smirk before wiping the man's face with the broom knocking him out.

"---for you that is." Now what? If I leave him here it is sure to alarm the others...He figured before starting to drag the unconscious man to the locker room. Just as Sehun was in the middle of his task a man emerged from one of the rooms on the other end of the hallway. The moment he detected the unconscious guard he picked his radio to call for backup. The sudden commotion had not gone unnoticed by the security team who now had a clear picture of the man they were looking for. , I forgot one fly attracts the whole flock . I'd better make a run for it!

"To all teams, he's moving in the staff hallways, I'm chasing after him. Our target is wearing a cap and green overalls."

A chase in the building halls had begun, Sehun was now completely exposed to the enemy and ran for his life. Now the whole building is after me. Great thinking. And what do they have? Radios, security cameras, man power and likely firearms. So what do I have? A broom and a bucket. Not to forget the horrible smell on me. Luckily I had the time to study fire exit plans so at least I know where I'm going. He navigated his way throught the complex building without encountering much resistance which was rather suspicious. They are fully aware that I'm in the staff halls so why don't they send in teams to capture me?  As he took the last turn he found himself facing a dead end. There's something wrong! According to the floor plan here shouldn't be a wall. Did I make mistake in memorizing the map? No, there was no mistake.  He briefly studied the wall realizing it wasn't a wall. It was a fire wall, designed to seal off sections of the building in case fire. Frustated he smacked his fist against the wall. This can't be! They lead me by the nose the whole time! It didn't take long before Sehun's pursuers had caught up with him and stood there blocking his way back.

"Put your hands behind your head and face to the the wall." Several men wearing black suits had appeared to the other hall end. Couple of them were sent to fetch the intruder, the others remaining on standby if he decided to pull a trick.

"Isn't it a bit unfair being two against one? I'm just a janitor after all." The men didn't seem to be intimidated over his taunts so he was left with only one option. To act first.

"We'll do it your way then." The two where now within Sehun's range. Taking them completely by surprise he kicked the bucket at them and continued his chain with a swift move from his broom swiping the two men off their feet.

They tripped with a loud thump and grunted on the floor struggling to get back on their feet. He rushed towards the rest of the group ready to strike. With a powerful kick he sent the first guy flying, then moved on to the next redirecting his punch to the wall, the guy ending up twisting his wrist. Every second spent in the conflict counted, and if given the chance the plan was to advance through the group and flee, rather than stay and fight.

"Everyone get him, we can't let him escape!" The high action lasted until the difference in man power took it's toll. Sehun was tired and out of breath but still struggling as he was taken down, forced to his knees, one man being on each side holding his arms.

"Boss! We finally have him." The leader of the group stated to his superior who had just arrived to the scene. Sehun identified him as the same man who had been talking to the phone earlier. Their superior stared at the beat up men who were out of breath and had their suits messed up.

"Tell me this: Why did you get beaten up by one man with a broom."

"And a buck---" The other was about to add something but decided it was safer to stay quiet. It went without saying that their boss was furious and wasn't in the mood to hear insignificant information.

"What should I make of this mess? Perhaps I should consider hiring a janitor instead of you."

"Sorry boss, we underestimated his abilities. It won't happen again."

"It better be, for your sake." The man they called boss gave icy looks at the group leader who practically shrunk the moment their eyes met. He then ignored the leader and focused on Sehun who had been brought to his knees. The boss crouched to be on the same level and lifted Sehun's chin examining his features.  

"You're fairly young, aren't you. You were quite a handfull, you know. Do you have any idea how much your little crusade has cost us today?" When he received nothing but intense glare as an answer he released his grip letting the boy slump back.

"Pick him up, tie him and take him to the storage. I want guards at the door at all times, make sure nothing gets in or out. Do you understand?"

"Yes sir." They grabbed Sehun from both sides, forced his arms behind his back and dragged him to his feet, then everything was black.....

 

-------

 

W/N:

The third chapter is finally here! Sehun got himself tangled up in a pretty bad situation. How do you think Sehun will pull this out? And what about that other guy who was captured? Why was he being chased?

 

I'm trying to open up a conversation but it's okey if you don't like to share your thoughts, I'll keep on writing. And now a little late thank you for everyone that has subscribed my story! To be honest I feared my story wasn't worth reading but apparently I was proven wrong, so thanks again.

 

I hope you enjoy the story and keep on reading!  (^ _ ^)