Chapter 6 -Co-operation-

The Case of Bloodless Girl

 

As the two men were in the crude small apartment it was hard to ignore the edgy atmosphere between them. It was obvious that either of them really liked the other and their cooperation was fairly forced no matter how you looked at it. To add up, apparently the other party knew everything there was to know about the former detective Oh Sehun when he on the other hand knew nothing about his new acquintace he was supposedly team up with. Everything he knew about his pair was based on what he had seen during their encounters; beyond that there was nothing. The person called "Kai" Sehun was working with seemed not much older than he was yet he was an agent working for some secret underground foundation not even the officials knew about. Or if they knew it was only the selected few. By the looks of it, Kai was rather unusual individual. The presence Kai emitted was hard to define. On the outside he was very much human but on the inside he was nothing of the like. Sehun had noticed that unnatural blue glint appear in his eyes in several occasions now and seen how his cuts and bruises healed on their own, not to forget his unhuman physical abilities. With everything put all together; this man was definitely no human.

"Considering everything I have seen so far I can tell you're not human. What exactly are you?"

"If you figured that much then why bother asking any further?" Kai replied, not really interested in discussing such matters since it was irrelevant to their investigations. Despite this Sehun was going to continue with his interrogation when the agent cut him off annoyed.

"You really don't know when to stop, do you? What I am is no concern of yours. All you need to know is that you do things our way" Kai reminded and continued whatever he was doing. After a while he suddenly turned around and threw a folder across the table to the detective. "Read it," he simply told with a commanding voice before taking a seat opposite the latter and started briefing.

"As you know, our common suspect goes by the name Lucius, which is very unlikely his real name. We believe he's in his twenties, around 179 cm tall and normal sized male according to the various descriptions." They had obtained details via various ways, ways Sehun preferred not ask about at this point. Their alliance was still new so it was better to just accept some things were better to go unknown.

Sehun studied the files handed out to him; by now it was clear to him that his new allies were well informed of the current status of the case, and what's more they held information the detective had never encountered before. These blood murders weren't very well known to the police therefore there wasn't much similar cases to compare. Only one existed but it took place multiple years before Sehun joined the police department. The murderer was never caught so the case remained unsolved. Eventually it became a cold case. This came to be the first rumoured "vampire incident". When compared to it there were visible differences between the two cases. In the past the body had been completely drained of blood and small puncture wounds could be detected on the victim's neck. The recent victim also had similar wounds but a small amount of blood could be found. Another major difference was the way how the blood was taken. It was clear that their murderer of today tried to move the blame to his predecessor.

"He was able to fool many but not us. We are very familiar with the previous "vampire incident" so we could easily recognize copycat attempts but even we have to admit this guy came very close to the real thing. At first glance one could think it was the doings of the same killer from the past but in this case the blood was drained using a needle althought the bruise doesn't show. With no blood to form a bruise, the needle mark is just hard to detect but it's there."

Sehun had to agree with the other. They were facing a clever opponent but what was the motive behind the murder? And the way she died was rather rare. Her cause of death was ironicly speaking blood donation. The victim suffered from sickle-cell anaemia. In her condition she could suffer from dire complications for loosing even the allowed amount of blood during donations since her blood's capability to function was much less than that of a healthy person. She went into hypovolemic shock after too much of her blood was taken, which eventually caused her death. Another thing they had to take note of was the fact that the body had no signs of resistance. The murderer must have been someone she trusted. Someone like the dandy blond "vampire" that got close to her, whose apperiance resembled that of a host; someone like the rogue "vampire" host Lucius who was rumoured to be the real deal just like Yoon-Ah wrote in her diary. Between the two was a distinct connection; similarities that were just too much of a coincidence and Lucius was in the middle of it.

Currently all the evidence they had indicated towards Lucius. Of course Mr. Kim had plenty of enemies but whether they had something to do with the murder was unlikely. However it wouldn't be a surprise to find our suspect dead from a dumpster in some side alley since Mr Kim obviously had those connections to erase someone quietly. So in a way this was also turning into a race to find our man before it was too late.

"According to our sources a major deal is about to take place in Namdaemun market. We heard Lucius was involved in this so during the exchange is our best chance to catch our man." Kai went to the back of the room to fetch out equipment he handed out to the detective. It was a small ear mic and a gun similar to which he had back in the police. I assume you know how to use these, he said and focused on setting his own equipment. Sehun put on the mic and placed the gun where it belonged, hidden beneath his clothes. It had been a while since the last time he carried a gun so it surprised him to notice how different it felt to have the metal sticking close to his skin again.

"When we find Lucius what are you going to do to him? What for are you searching him?" Sehun asked hence the issue had puzzled him ever since Kai mentioned they had a common target but it was clear their initial goals were different.

"You ask too much detective. Even thought we work together it doesn't mean you can nose into our affairs. I believe you should be familiar with the saying..." How curiosity killed the cat. The secrecy vexed the young detective but he had no choice but to play by their rules. Sehun dropped the subject with the less subtle warning. It was clear that Kai wouldn't reveal any information regarding their objectives or motives so it was better to just leave it at that and focus on their future actions. Thanks to his new allies the detective had learned a great deal about the case in short amount of time which helped him map the true scale of the issue. With the intel he now held, Sehun could take another approach on the matter with them backing him up. And when time called for it he was even ready to walk on the edges of law to unveil the darkness shadowing the case.

 

<<<~~~~~>>>

 

The air was still and moist, just waiting for the rain to start. The sky was black with  clouds, coloring the city in the dark shades of black and grey. The forecast promised heavy rain for today but that didn't stop them from their mission. The date was set today and they had to be there without fail despite the odds working against them.

The two men were walking in the small side alleys in Namdaemun market heading to the promised location where the exchange was to take place. Kai was on the lead while Sehun followed, covering his back. The streets were filled with small stores and stands selling everything between food and accessories. Just one block away from the location the two seperated their ways because two guys walking together would draw attention too easily. The people they were after knew how to recognize they were being followed so all the more important it was for the pair to go unnoticed. Kai stationed to another walkway of the opposite direction while Sehun remained here to blend in the small flow of people. They were well in time on the spot scanning the area for their target and possible escape roads if something went wrong or they had to engage in an open chase. If everything went according to plans they'd have Lucius on their sights soon enough.

Small water droplets fell on the young male's face as he walked out in the open. Sehun looked up at the dark sky that decided to break havoc. Rain. That goddamn rain. It would make things more difficult for them. For Sehun the rain held nothing but bad memories. It was like the weather itself was a bad omen. Last time it rained he was fighting to survive and this whole chain of events began. He drew deeper under the small doorway where he was taking shelter from the pouring rain. At least he wasn't the only one to get drenched since Kai was there as well.

"I have a vision of the other party. Wait until they make contact. That is our mark to move in." Kai's voice came from the small mic. He had sighted their secondary target in the market.

The agent kept Sehun updated of their moves while he was on the look out for the missing party, Lucius. They kept on waiting, following the party they identified as the buyer. With him was two other men, who were acting as his guards. One of them had a suitcase and another held an umbrella above their boss. By now the streets were becoming deserted with the rain driving away most people. The temperature dropped fast making Sehun's breathing steam in the cooling air. Even thought the detective wasn't standing in the rain the moisture was getting to him. His clothes were starting to stick to his skin and his hair was slowly getting wet. It was about time their man was to make an entry.

The detective looked into the distance detecting a person in a hooded black raincoat emerge from one of the side alleys carrying a hard-covered suitcase of metallic color. "It's him" was all Sehun could think when he saw the man approach. The man came closer but stopped half way to the meeting point. Sehun shifted his position trying to have a clearer line of sight to his target from behind the stall he was hiding. Something was wrong. The man turned around revealing a phone in his hands, then he looked straight where the detective was hiding. "No way. No ing way" Sehun yelled in his head as his gaze fell on the shady figure gazing at him from the rain.

", they're not going to meet up. We must act NOW!"

Before Kai could reply Sehun was completely focused on his target who was already backing away. Hurriedly he abandoned his stealthy ways to close the distance to the man, the man called Lucius. The suspect started running as soon as the detective attempted to approach. The buyer went one way and Lucius another. From here on the simple sounding operation had turned into an open chase in the narrow streets of Namdaemun market. Sehun was closer to Lucius so he automaticly chose to pursue him meanwhile Kai disappeared to the crowds chasing after the buyer. Now if somewhere was the time to make good use of his detective skills and track the black raincoat without losing sight of him. Right now they were so close to their suspect there was no way he would let him lose this trail.

Lucius pulled down a tower of vegetable boxes on the walkway that were piled on the side but Sehun continued his chase unaffected. He was used to going through obstacle courses so it was nothing but a minor speed bump. A swift jump over the broken boxes and watch out not slip on the mushed cabbage lying around. Often an angry voice was heard behind yelling at the two men as they kept running, causing mayhem in the market maze. They ran and Sehun pursued sometimes knocking down merchandice along the way and colliding into people at times despite this he managed to stay on track. By now they had advanced throught two or three blocks and were drawing closer to the main streets. If the detective couldn't catch his target now he could lose him to the traffic.

Lucius headed straight accross the street Sehun following right behind him. The cars on the street hit on breaks when Sehun appeared suddenly on their way. Before their contact Sehun reacted quickly by instinct and slide over the front of the car avoiding getting hit straight on. Rain hit their face and water splattered under their feet as they ran. Sehun panted from exhaustion and so was his target. The distance between them was getting shorter now with each step. Seeing this the suspect finally discarded the suitcase since it was slowing him own. They were on a more quiet side streets when Sehun had a clean sight of his target.

"STOP!" Sehun yelled, while pulling out his gun, pointing at the man in the black raincoat. The man turned to face his pursuer. Slowly his expression changed to a grin. Sehun wondered what it was that made the man smirk when he noticed a white van driving down the street fast directed at him. He was agile enough to get out of the way but doing so meant breaking his sight of Lucius. Without further thought he leaped to the side saving himself. The van stopped for only a mere moment and Lucius was gone. The next thing he saw was the white van speeding away in the distance, disappearing to the traffic.

"NO!" The drenched detective cursed in the pouring rain clenching his fists. "No, I was so close!" He stared at where the car had disappeared then over his shoulder back down the road they ran. The suspect's suitcase. Forcing his aching body up, Sehun collected his act and walked to the case. After a second of inspecting he opened it to study its contents, finding something he did not expect to see. The inside was carefully covered with soft foam to prevent glass tubes filled with red susbtance from breaking. Sehun looked at the tubes stoned, he had never encountered such before - Was this really what he thought it was? Was this really blood he had in his hands? Just what was this case about? And more importantly whose blood was this? Sehun was full of questions when he heard distant steps echoing on the empty street and splatters of water at times when a person walked through a puddle. He turned to see the agent standing behind him, pissed.

"Didn't I tell you to follow my lead and not to act on your own." If looks could kill, Sehun would have just died under the agent's murdering glare. Only the orders he had stopped him from doing so.

"But he goddamn recognized me! He started running! What else was I supposed to do in that situation other than chase after him? Let the suspect get away?" Sehun flared and Kai did pretty much the same. He forcibly grabbed the detective by his collar, hissing agitated.

"Get a grip of the events! That only proves they were one step a head of us! The man you chased after wasn't even Lucius. Lucius never reveals himself that openly. You clearly know nothing of this profession when you can't even tell the difference between your target and a distraction!" the agent preached holding back his rage. He shoved Sehun to the side to pick up the suitcase completely ignoring the other staring him with an insulted expression. Kai was leaving not giving so much as glance to the detective. He didn't care what the other was thinking because right now all he could feel was anger.

It was an understatement to say their teamwork wasn't doing too great at the moment because both of them had their own ways of proceeding. This was an utter disaster. Currently they were as far as possible from synchronized operating. In the past their cooperation worked because they were able to set aside their differences in the life threatening situations.

"KAI!" Sehun yelled, stopping the agent in his tracks, who ly to get puched on the face. The sudden action took the man completely by surprise. Sehun had had enough the constant insults and demeans. The agent really deserved to get punched for his pricky attitude.

"Yes, I admit I made a mistake with the pursue, but how could I know if you don't tell me anything! You just keep up this secrecy and tell me how I should not nose into your affairs! Well I'm sorry to break it to you but I'm just as involved as you are!" Sehun had concluded that he wasn't the only one blame for their failure, Kai was just as much guilty as he was. Their lack of communication and trust was the problem here. If the detective had known what to expect and received more information of their operation and where he was about to get involved in then they would have stood a better chance at catching their suspect.

"You're telling me this is my fault? Oh, you so asked for this." Kai rubbed his hurting face, while his eyes gleamed blue fixated on the other. He lunged forward, more than gladly  returning the favor, hitting so hard that Sehun wavered. For so long he had wanted settle the score after the club incident.

"You know more about this case; more than you let me understand. Althought I'm not like you, I'm not retarded. I realize the girl's death was only a small part of the larger picture. In order for me to work with you I want to know more of the details of your investigations. We both need to know the same backround info for our cooperation to be efficient." Sehun managed, while rubbing his hurting cheek bone. Later he would have good sized bruise there. The agent really didn't hold back with his strenght nor did Sehun so they were even in this.

The two young men stood silent panting in the pouring rain, only the sound of rain surrounding them. Their breathing steamed in the cooling weather as they tried to catch their breath. Both were drenching wet from the shower but Sehun didn't care, he would keep on going until he got his answers. Kai let out a frustrated cry and gazed at the dark rainy sky then glanced at Sehun from the corner of his eye before he turned his full attention to the other. He was a bit reluctant to explain but Sehun had a point. If they wanted this to work, which they had to, considering their situations. In order to do so they had to stand on the same line.

"During our investigations the name Lucius came up in several occasions related to illegal blood business. The black markets have been more active than usually ever since he appeared. We don't know what his connections are yet but he is surely behind the sudden rise of illegal blood sold in Seoul. By finding him we hope to find the mastermind."

"Wait. Blood business?"

"Yes, your girl was just an unfortunate victim of that business and a miscalculation on Lucius's behalf because she was an ill blood. Which proves us our suspect is a human no matter how you look at it. My kind would never mistake an ill blood with pure ones."

"Ill blood? Pure?" Sehun frowned at the strange terms. After Kai begun his explanation it was a pour of details. Apparently these were terms in blood business used to specify a certain type of person. People who were pure had healthy blood when ill bloods were those whose blood carried some sort of sickness. Like Yoon-Ah had sickle-cell anaemia. Sehun had never encountered cases related to illegal blood deals but he had heard of their existance. It was only natural his knowledge of the business was very minor but Kai on the other hand seemed to be very up to date of the recent movements. The business was mainly focused on women but even the blood of men was sometimes ordered. The client could choose the , age, blood type and Rhesus factor. The price formed accordingly to how hard the blood was to obtain. One could say this was literally blood money, money used to buy blood.

Now that the issues regarding the case was solved there was one more thing that remained unanswered. Sehun gazed at the agent who fixed his clothes and tried to contact the base to discuss their next move.

"Then what about you?" It was probably meaningless to try and pursue the agent to talk about himself but Sehun had to try anyway now that he got the man talking. Still agitated Kai shifted his focus back to his supposed pair and leered viciously.

"Don't get me wrong detective even if I did tell you a little more than necessary. I agreed to tell about the case, I agreed to truce but I did not agree to be your friend. This cooperation is still only a temporary solution that lasts until the case is solved. That's all there is to it."

Ah, these two still had a long way to go before they were on the same line.....

 


<<<~~~~~>>>

 

Despite losing the chance of capturing Lucius the licence plate number Sehun provided lead them back on track. Their previous failure taught them that they had to get their act together because it would only end up in a disaster if the two kept fighting. Close teamwork was vital for them in order to succeed.

They located the vehicle they were looking for when a passbyer made notice of a white van abandoned to the side of a road. Kai and Sehun were sent to investigate. They inspected the vehicle, where they detected tiny traces of blood on the floor otherwise the van was rather clean on the inside. No fingerprints on the wheel or doors; not even a hair could be found from the seats. While Kai was scaping the surroundings looking for traces where the driver might have disappeared Sehun was circling the van. At some point Sehun summoned Kai to take a look at his findings. Within a minute the agent was crouching next to the other looking at the car tires.

"Aren't they a bit too muddy for a city car?" the agent noted and Sehun nod his head in agreement.

"Yes, and take a look at this." Sehun showed the agent some of the soil he scraped off earlier from the tire. There were tiny plant particles stuck in the mud. "Even if they erased their presence from the inside, the environment can also act against them. I believe this soil can reveal us more than it appears."

They found out the soil matches that of found on the foresty mountain terrain. The plants had been the key because those particular plants did not grow in the low lands but on a higher ground. With this new info they could outline the direction where their suspect came from. But what was the van doing there? They wondered until Sehun suggested they were having a hideout hidden in the mountains. It was a wild guess but what else could they assume as the reason? After that it became an intense search for abandoned or empty residents around the  mountain area that has connections to the road where the car was found. The tires had soil sticking to them so the roads leading to the property must have been old forest roads and the more secluded the place the better. At the end of their search, against all odds, they had a match.

It was a tiring drive down the highway to the location they had been trying to find out for quite some time and now they were closing in on the target. This was the place they were looking for, Lucius' hideout, a rundown warehouse in a secluded area close to a forest. The location was hard to find unless you knew where to go, and the property belonged to god knows who which made it a perfect place to hide. As they approached the stucture a set of tire tracks drew Sehun's attention. Recently it had rained a lot so the yard's ground had turned muddy making the car tracks show nicely on the soaked soil. He gestured the agent to wait for a moment while he studied the tracks leading to the house. They fit the tire tracks of the white van that escaped them. Thought the car was no longer here there was no telling whether someone was still hiding inside the building.

The pair walked on the wet grass to mute the noise from their steps approaching the building. They held guns ready if something unexpected happened while closing in on the target. When they were half-way there the agent froze suddenly. For a short moment Kai breathed in the moist air picking up the various scents brought by the small wind coming from warehouse's direction. The smell of fresh blood filled the air, which of course Sehun wasn't able to notice since he was a mere human. Thought it was only a small trace without doubt there was to be more where it came from. They hurried their steps and soon enough they were at the front door, they decided it was best for them to split up and enter the warehouse from the back as well. Kai gestured he would take the back while Sehun would go through the front. When Kai had disapeared from sight Sehun tried the door which unexpectedly opened without problems. The warehouse was renovated in the past for living purposes but it was abandoned after the previous owners died. The place was dusty and it had this smell of an old house but there was another scent that stuck to his nose, a smell familiar from the crime scenes he had visited, the smell of blood. The floors squeaked under his feet as the detective advanced throught the building checking the rooms along the way. They showed signs of being used recently since dust had been wiped off in some areas. His pace was interrupted with a rough thud echoing from the other side of the house. He saw Kai in the distance standing still, petrified.

"Kai, what's wrong?" Sehun tried asking as he sped up, heading to the end of the hallway where he saw plastic hangin from roof creating a sheltered space. When he barged in the room he was saw the unexpected. It was like a scene from a horror movie. A room covered in various displays of blood and the smell was hard for anyone to withstand. The room reeked of death althought there was no bodies lying around. Sehun stared at the room in shock, never had he seen such a scene. What's more it was not just any blood but human blood. He winced as the smell struck him and covered his nose automaticly, which didn't really help much in the end. Even thought Sehun thought he had gotten used to such scenes by now his stomach was turning upside down at the sight, but somehow he managed to hold it in.

"Kai....I think we should--" Sehun turned to face Kai only to find his pair was now crouching, holding his hands around his stomach. His eyes were gleaming in that bright unnatural shade of blue Sehun recognized seeing before. The reaction must have been caused by the extreme amount of blood in the room, which made it hard for him to remain calm with all his instincts running wild. And with all these mixed up scents surrounding them it was impossible for Kai try to pick up one specific smell let alone attempt tracking it.

"Kai, are you okey?" Sehun approached the crouching figure but regretted it when the other flared at him suddenly, for a good reason thought.

"Stay back!" Eyes b with bloodlust, Kai bared his fangs at the startled detective who backed away instinctively from the other. "....I didn't expect this." Kai gasped, the scent of blood was drawing out the agent's true nature despite his efforts to hold back. His instintcs went haywire as soon as they stormed in and the wave of blood struck his keen senses. His body shook involuntarily from the sensations that threatened to make him lose it. Sehun carefully backed further away from the agent not tearing his gaze from the man. Kai held something in his hands that looked like an adrenaline shot and struck it to himself. He let out a string of profanities while his eyes gleamed wildly. He panted heavily, fangs visible the whole time; the predatory instincts being at its peak. After some time passed Kai's state finally showed signs of stabilizing. Whatever it was the agent took seemed be taking effect. Now that he was feeling calmer Kai found the detective staring at him with concerned eyes.

"Don't just stand there, go search the damn house or do I need to do everything myself!" Kai hissed agitated yet just moments ago he was on the brink of losing it. Sehun sighed when the agent clearly didn't want any of his help. For now it was probably best to leave the other deal with his problems and go secure the area.

The warehouse was stashed with medical equipment used to handle blood. Sehun proceeded though the different dirt and dust covered rooms he detected temperture drop in one of the rooms and a door that seemed to radiate cold air into the building. When he opened the door another shocking sight blew his senses. This was a freezer where he found more stored blood. There were at least several dozens of blood in that freezing "hell". Without doubt this was were Lucius processed the blood before distributing it forward to his clients. The room where they processed the blood was cleaner than others but still crude. By the time Sehun returned the agent had managed to regain control over his senses and no longer looked like he would devour the next person who'd be stupid enough to get too close. He was fairly normal yet his eyes remained blue. The detective made his presense known before he approached the agent whose back was turned to him. At the moment he was studying the blood splatters on the walls and floors. He kneeled next to one of the puddles, wiped a tiny bit of the red substance to his finger, and briefly smelled it before tasting.

"It's from humans, not just one person but several. Different blood types don't mix together so they turn into this sticky globby mixture, which tastes like puke. I can't separate the different people but the blood platelet's aren't preserved meaning the blood has been stored up for more than five days. Unfortunately the blood has started to lose it's structure so I can't be sure about the exact age." Kai gazed back on the wide display of blood on the wall.

"What comes to those "paintings" they haven't been there for long. The blood on the walls is fairly new. I'd say less than 24 hours. He must have known we were closing in so he left in a hurry but made sure he wouldn't be followed and either took or destroyed part of the evidence." The room fell silent for a while before the agent stood up and navigated his way back to the entrance where Sehun was waiting. Kai's skills were exceptional indeed; being able to tell so much from one speckle of blood. The agent being what he was sure had its advantages, the detective thought.

"Sehun" Kai noted and waved it was time for them to go. The agent had received new orders from the base to the small transmitter he carried. Apparently they were calling him back to settle some urgent matters and bring in some samples from the scene. Our orders were strict: We were not to touch anywhere else and leave the warehouse just the way it was and erase any traces of our entry.

As they drove back to the city multiple police cars passed them and not just any cars, the van's they used during raids. Maybe it was just his imagination but were they heading towards the hideout they left not too long ago? Did the police find out about the place? If so, no wonder Kai received the order for the two to leave.

"How is this case going to proceed from here on?"

"We'll continue the research from base. Our team will analyze the samples and tell if they match any previous data. Meanwhile they're entrusting you with the field investigation. What we have learned so far about our target: he's smart but he's becoming hasty which means we're getting closer. Keep the smartphone we gave you close by and be ready for anything because the second phase of our plan is about to begin. What we are going to do next will set a whole new game."

"Wait, what's your plan? You give me these new tasks yet you still haven't revealed my purpose in all of this." The fact that these people kept avoiding revealing their true motives bothered our detective more than he wanted to admit. For now their cooperation had worked well excluding the few communication errors made at the beginning. But what then when they achieved their goal?

"I'm not the one who decides about that so don't pester me with your annoying questioning. For now all I can say is to advice you to watch your back because our target is bound to make a move. We'll contact you again once we're ready, until then keep your eyes open." Sehun didn't have time to reply when the agent was already speeding away leaving the detective stand alone on the pavement. If he understood anything from the agent's words, anything could happen from here on.

 

<<<~~~~~>>>

 

Superior Park Sangwoo was going throught his papers. Sehun's resign had caused him additional work load since he had to find someone else to take over his cases and settle the matters between the drug unit head. The drug unit still demanded someone to be held responsible for the disaster so Sangwoo had to take in the blame. So the past few days he had spent by going around filling papers and talking to the chiefs about the incident until it was decided Sehun's resign was enough of a punishment. After all this fuzz he could finally sit down in his office for his usual cup of coffee, which was already cold, as always. The elder snorted and took the cup, directing his steps to the breakroom. He never really had the pleasure of enjoying his coffee in peace since he was a busy man being the unit head he was. He relaxed the best he could in his office during the short breaks he had. Sometimes he even had the time to discuss non-work related matters with Han but it was only in rare occasions.

Sighing, Sangwoo dumped the cold drink in the sink and poured a new cup of fresh warm coffee. The smell tingled his senses nicely, the coffee was just the way he liked it. Strong black coffee, not some instant Han used to offer him. Maybe this time he could just drink it in peace, he thought and made his way back to his office. When he was about to take a sip, one of his men barged in startling the old man, making him spill on his work desk. Bothered at the wasted effort he took a paper towel to wipe off the spilled coffee. The officer seemed rather apologetic for disturbing him, but Sangwoo just gestured the man no harm done.

"Yes, what is it?"

"Superior Park, there's an envelope arrived for you just now." Sangwoo frowned and took the envelope handed out to him. His eyes grew wider as he read the contents further until he jumped from his chair this time startling the other in turn.

"Gather the team immediadly and tell them to get ready for a raid." The young stood dumbfound overwhelmed by the sudden commands. He never thought the contents were something so serious. Seeing the other freezing, Sangwoo repeated his order. This time getting a reaction.

"I will be personally leading this operation. Tell them they've got 5 minutes before we leave! MOVE IT." The officer ran off to alarm the others. Just before Sangwoo left he glanced at the lone coffee cup on his desk, letting out a long sigh. Did he ever have the luxury of enjoying his coffee while it's warm, he wondered. He grabbed his jacket on the way out and followed right after the officer. As he was hurrying to the cars doctor Han joined him in the corridor. The news of the raid had reached him fast and he wanted to assist the team sent out to the field.

"Are you sure you want to do this Han?" Sangwoo frowned, asking concerned of the elder. When he received no answer he grabbed Han's arm, forcing the other to stop. "You do understand this is not the same case as back then?" The doctor sighed fully aware of which case the other was referring to. Althought he knew it wasn't the same he still had to prove it to himself just to be sure. These weeks had been like review of the past which greatly bothered him. Sangwoo rubbed his tired eyes and gave his permission, convinced Han would join the raid anyway regardless of what he was told. He knew the doctor well enough to know how he would act in this situation, after all they worked as a pair in the past. Sangwoo and Han were one of the few of the original investigators of the first "vampire incident" around 20 years ago, the time when they were still young. Back then Han was in charge of the investigations. He was a young investigator in his early thirties and full of pride but it was because of that pride he failed to catch the killer and another innocent lost their life in the process. After that Han didn't lead any cases but asked for transfer to the crime scene investigation unit. In a way that was his way of repenting his mistakes.

"Just stay in the sidelines and let my team do their job. We don't need any unnecessary casualties." Han agreed on that condition therefore Sangwoo told about the details of the anonymous hint briefly while on their way to the scene. The letter had the exact location for a certain hideout related to their current case, the new "vampire incident".

In the car Sangwoo gave orders so that when at the scene they were already prepared to act according to their given assignments. They drove a dozen of minutes before they arrived  to their destination. Under Sangwoo's experienced command the teams secured and closed off the area fast blocking any possible escape roads. In a matter of minutes they had surrounded the warehouse building in the property and were ready to break in. With Sangwoo's permission to proceed they stormed the building but what the team encountered inside wasn't resistance but a horror scene.

"Han.....what do you make of this?" Sangwoo asked uncertain what he was supposed to think of the scene lying before them. This certainly wasn't a small matter to be solved, not when they had a freezer stashed with blood and a room covered in the red substance. Han scoped through the various medical equipment recognizing many of them were used to handle blood, but where would someone need such amounts. This was nothing like the previous "vampire incident". This was a case of completely different scale with unknow killer on the loose.

"As far as I know, this case is nothing we have encountered before......"

 


 

A/N:

WARNING CONTAINS SOME SERIOUS FLIPPING BETWEEN AUTHORS!

WIAN13:

"Hello, this is WIAN13 I can officially announce chapter 6 is finally finished......after 3 weeks......and 7 different versions. It has truly been A CHAPTER FROM HELL. You can imagine how much I will hate you if you don't like this. Just kidding. Just respect my efforts, okey? I really tried.

 

VAPAAJALKA:

"Ayo wassup homos-- I mean homies! I'm  back from the mentioned potato fields (which really is located somewhere god knows where). After reading the chapter my first comment was: "Doesn't this seem somehow UNFINISHED???" And so we worked out the missing parts. Then I went and accidently erased the whole . I think she hates me now."

 

WIAN13:

"Oh, really, is that so? You only went to some god's forsaken potato field and then you go erasing my story. Noooo, I'm not being sarcastic or anything just slightly frustrated."

"Okey, so the drama with chapter 6 is finally over and I can focus on other things. The next update of WIAN will have to wait because I'll try to get the first chapter of "The Fallen" finished."

"Comment and stuff and whatever....."

 

VAPAAJALKA:

"That's a good ending speech! HAHAHA"

 

WIAN13:

"Shut up..."