Chapter 40

Living A Double Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a crazy idea. L knew that he would be annihilated the moment he stepped foot out of the car. No, he knew that he was sending himself to death the moment he agreed to go to SilverFalcon with you. When he returned home and saw the strangers in his house, he was more confused than shocked. And in the amidst of his confusion, he actually said yes to going to SilverFalcon with you. And now he was going to die because of that.

"It will be fine." You broke the silence and he looked at you. Knowing that you were around made him feel safe because there was no way he would be getting out of here alive if they started attacking him.

It has been a minute or so since entering the territories of SilverFalcon and L noticed that the place looked like a typical neighborhood. Only that this neighborhood was filled with dangerous armed man. There were at least 2 guards standing outside of each house and people that drove past would think that it was just some neighborhood that the rich stays in.

The car finally came to a stop in front of one of the empty houses where the chambers were. One of the guards opened the door for you. As you got off, so did L and he became extremely alert, just incase someone were to harm him. When L came out of the car, the guards around immediately drew their weapons because they recognized the son of their enemy. The tension in the air was so thick that it could have been cut with a knife. Afraid that one of them would recklessly start something, you turned to them.

"You dared draw your weapons in my presence?" Although your words were not threatening, you stressed them enough to let your underlings know that you were angry.

They quickly kept their weapons and bowed in apology. Everyone knew that showing your weapons in front of your leader was a form of disrespect as it meant that you wanted to challenge him.

"Take them to the chambers so I can question him." You told Minseok and he bowed before he and his partner dragged Hawk's men away. Facing one of the guards, you asked where Minhyun is and he told you that Minhyun was with B.A.P in their house.

"Are we going to see them first?" L asked and you nodded. You needed to fill them in, as well as BTS. Heading towards B.A.P's house, you told BTS to meet you there. They had heard about the intrusion of L's and Sungjong's apartment when Minseok told them. Once you were done, you entered the place after scanning in your palm print. B.A.P and Minhyun were watching television while eating unequal chunks of watermelon off the skin. If you were to bet, you would have bet that Yongguk was showing off his strength (again) by smashing open the watermelon with his bare hands. Though you were pretty sure that the rest wanted to eat it and were too lazy to cut so they tricked their leader into splitting it up for them.

"Ri!" They went to you with the watermelons in their hands, looking like children who were eating halfway when their mother came home and they had forgotten they still have food in their hands.

"No touching until your hands are clean." You stopped them before they could hug you. You did not want those sticky liquids to be all over your body.

Hearing your words, they went to wash their hands while you went to your father. Hyunae gave you a smile when you walked past her and you returned it. "Appa." You gave him a hug and he squeezed you tightly. Looking past your shoulder, he saw that L was there as well and gave him a smile while L bowed in respect. Minhyun had heard about L's case when Dr Jung gave him a call. They were worried because L was after all your boyfriend and wanted to help L as well.

"I need to talk to L for a while." Minhyun stood up. L and you looked at him in confusion but you quickly recovered. Turning towards your boyfriend, you nodded, encouraging him to follow your father.

A hand was slung around your shoulders and you knew who it was without even looking at him. "Don't worry, appa won't kill him." Daehyun joked. You rolled your eyes before grabbing a piece of watermelon and making yourself comfortable on the couch.

"Take a seat." Minhyun pointed to the chair in front of the coffee table in his office. While walking towards it, L glanced at Minhyun's desk and noticed a photo of Minhyun, Daehyun and you. Smiling, he took a seat while the older male went to the bookshelves behind his desk and took out a thick photo album. Once he was done, he sat opposite L at the coffee table.

"Sir,"

"Just uncle will do." Minhyun cut L off and L nodded. Pushing the book towards L, Minhyun opened it. The first picture was a beautiful woman who had long, black wavy hair that seemed to flow endlessly. She has a pair of bright, shinning eyes and red lips. Her nose was as cute as a button and there was a newborn baby in her arms.

"This is Lee Sunmi, right? Your wife and the siblings' mother." L coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter