Chapter 41

Living A Double Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Daehyun skillfully drove round the bend, leaning his body a little towards it so that it would be easier for him to turn. The sun was almost setting, telling him that it was only a few hours to nighttime. When he finally reached his destination, he parked the shinny motorcycle right in front of the apartment. As he hopped off the bike, he took out a large piece of black cloth with B.A.P's mascot on it from his bag and threw it over the vehicle that belongs to his sister. He knew that he was going to get an earful from her for taking her precious bike without her permission. But also knew that she would only be able to get mad at him for 2 minutes maximum.

Heading to the lift, he pressed the button that led him to the 11th floor. He does not know if the owner of the house was at home or not. Even if the owner were not at home, he would have gone in without permission anyway. The lift brought him to his desired level and he went to press the doorbell of the door that was just beside the lift. When no one answered, his guess just now was right.

Daehyun took one of your bobby pins from your hair just now when you were sleeping and flattened the pin before jamming it into the keyhole. When you opened L's door using the same method back at his house, you told Infinite you read it from a book. But in actual fact, you learned it from your brother. He easily opened the door and silence greeted him.

A soft whistle was made from between his lips and he removed his sneakers before slipping his feet into a pair of house slippers that was already there. As he entered the house, he looked around. The place was generally cleaned and organized, and it was enough space for two people. Heading towards the kitchen because he was feeling thirsty, he saw that there was nothing to drink except for plain water. A frown appeared on his beautiful forehead and he closed the fridge before opening the cupboards to check what was inside.

While he was busy with his exploration, the owners of the place were finally back. They had not noticed anything different, until a pair of unknown shoes that were lying there greeted them. Daehyun heard them coming in and stuck his head out of the kitchen, looking at the shocked boys who had just returned from school.

"Do you have coffee or chocolate?"

 

Apparently L's and Sungjong's apartment had both. The two younger males were sitting beside each other on the couch while sipping onto the mocha that Daehyun made for them. It was strange to come back home just to see Daehyun there, as they were still rivals not too long ago. Yet it was like they were a happy family now.

"It's good." Sungjong complimented, giving a genuine smile to Daehyun who was sitting on a separate single couch beside them.

"Thank you. It's Ri's favorite, and I would always make that for her when she gets upset." He grinned just at the thought of his little sister. A slight confusion was displayed on their faces before remembering that was the nickname Daehyun had for your 'other' name.

L fidgeted a little in his seat before looking at Daehyun. He has absolutely no idea why Daehyun was suddenly here in his apartment. You did not tell him anything as well so he guessed that you did not even know why Daehyun was coming here. It sounded like bad news to L, especially since the older male did not tell you he was coming. Yet it does not seem like nothing bad will happen.

Daehyun placed his cup on the coffee table and made himself comfortable on the couch before speaking. "SilverFalcon is going to war." This sentence was directed to Sungjong, since L already knew about that discussion a few days back. Sungjong, on the other hand, had an unreadable expression on his face. "The reason why we are going to war is because of you, Lee Sungjong. Ri wants to fight with Hawk for you."

This had Sungjong standing up in both shock and disbelief. "She knows about my relationship with Hawk?"

Daehyun nodded. "Remember that time she rescued you from a back alley and brought you back to Infinite's hideout?" He asked and the younger male nodded. At that point, Infinite still does not know your real identity. "After leaving your place, she headed to SilverFalcon's territory and requested to speak privately to one of our private investigators just so our father would not notice. And a few days back, she and L found two guys from Hawk in this apartment. She brought them back for questioning and had told our father about her plans to make sure Hawk does not touch you. And the only reason why you are still safe is because she had BTS' men watching over you."

Sungjong was silent for a while before he eventually spoke. "She was willing to do that for me? Even though we are not as close as how she is with you guys?"

Daehyun let out a tired sigh. "You are her friend, and she is willing to do anything to protect those around her. And that is precisely why I get headaches from her sometimes." A grimace was plastered on his face at that thought. "Anyway, I told this to you because I really need you to persuade Infinite to join us and help us. As you know, Hawk is powerful and we would need all the help we can get. And don't bother asking her to stop because she is Jung Saemi. Every Jung in our family is as stubborn as a mule."

Sungjong knew you were that type of person who would do anything for your loved ones, just like how he and his friends would too. And although he was not as close to you as you were with B.A.P, the both of you did spend time together playing around and even studying together. He was pretty sure that you knew how worried the rest of his friends were when it comes to Hawk because of their reactions that day when you brought him back to the hideout. To know that you were willing to fight for him gave him not only warmth but also hope. This time, it would not just be Infinite versus Hawk. It would be Infinite and SilverFalcon versus Hawk.

"I understand. I would make sure to convince them to not only help out with the issue about Hawk but also with NJ." Sungjong told Daehyun. The older male smiled a little before nodding, glad that Sungjong knew what his underlying intention was without having him to say it.

He then turned to L who was just quietly sitting there. Sungjong sensed the sudden change in atmosphere and excused himself to the restroom, knowing that Daehyun had something important to tell L.

"I need you to promise me something." L raised an eyebrow when he heard the other male's words. He too, sensed the changed in Daehyun but was not expecting him to say that. "Like I told your friend, SilverFalcon is going to war and we are not doing this for anyone but for our princess. If she's happy, so is father and so will the rest. I owe too much to Ri, and I would not allow her life to be ruin by this stupid situation that she has no place in. The problem between father and NJ has nothing to do with her but yet she was dragged into it. Hawk wanting Sungjong does not involve her as well but there she goes again, wanting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter