Final: Part One

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin prepared himself for the coming ceremony, his mind still fuzzy while his body simply went through the motions. He felt like he was losing himself; he had no control and after the forced ceremony, he would have no ability to leave even when not drugged. The despair that he had fought ever since his capture crept into his soul, pushing back any possible hope for the future.

Even as his mind traveled through his path here, his hands moved deftly, carefully dressing in the silk clothing that had been provided for him, fixing his hair to fall perfectly in place. As he studied his reflection in the mirror, his face smiled at the presentation while his mind was screaming "no". The door opened behind his and his body turned to face Lo'gann, the Prince's face glowing with happiness as he reached for Taemin's arm. 

"We've made it, love." He said, a strange light shining in his eyes as he leaned down to kiss Taemin, the other boy wanting with everything he had to cringe away and yet his body not moving an inch. He felt the Prince's lips connect with his, a very chaste kiss, and the despair flooded his heart, drowning every hope. Lo'gann straightened and smiled again at him, and he recognized the look in the Prince's eyes at that moment.

Insanity.

He inwardly shivered as he thought of the fact that he would have to spend the rest of his life with this monster, this controlling and abusive Prince who hid a dark heart behind a handsome face. He allowed himself to be led from the room through a magic door, straight into a large ballroom filled with Fae, all waiting for this ceremony. Taemin's heart sank as he thought of what was to come. He had turned Lo'gann down over 100 years ago when the Prince had first propositioned him, and now he couldn't help but wonder if it wouldn't have been better if he had accepted back then. He would never have met Kai, and he never would have hurt him by leaving him.

His heart broke once again as he thought of Kai; they had gone through so much just to be together and yet now he would never see him again. He truly thought that Kai was the love of his life, but with this... well, at least he had met him. He felt selfish for thinking that while knowing the pain it must put Kai in, but having known love even for that short time... that made the pain almost worth it.

He climbed the steps of the dias to look over the crowd of Fae gathered there, their otherworldly faces all shining i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter