Chapter Four

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SeHun was shocked at the chilly weather that greeted them when they arrived in England; he had always imagined it to be a sunny country. He was glad that Kai had insisted he bring a coat and wrapped it tightly around his frame, seeing the same feeling echoed on LuHan's face as they stepped off of the plane. Kai turned to them with a dark look and grumbled, "So are you happy to have dragged me back to England in the middle of winter?"

Simply ignoring him, SeHun strode ahead to the baggage claim area. Kai had been grouchy ever since SeHun bought the tickets, but he could tell that the mood didn't stem from irritation. Kai was always a thoughtful person; he always had a good memory. And not being able to remember the boy in the picture was driving him crazy. There were several times in the last week that SeHun had caught him sitting and simply staring at the photo, a pained expression on his face.

No, it wasn't being brought back to England that had Kai so grumpy; it was the confusion of the situation.

Too bad he would never admit that.

The three boys gathered their luggage and braved the cold to rent a car, having to pay the extra money since they were all under 25. LuHan took the driver's seat and they settled in for their long drive to Kai's mother's house in the countryside. The scenery was beautiful and so different from the snow-covered Korea that they were used to, but soon the jet lag took its toll and Kai and SeHun dropped off to sleep. LuHan focused on driving, checking the map every now and again and trying his best to not wake the two younger boys; they were all tired and stressed.

SeHun was woken by a hand on his shoulder, shaking him lightly. "Babe, we're here," LuHan woke Kai next, and after  they grabbed their luggage they followed Kai into the old style estate home. 

"It's gorgeous," LuHan breathed, and looking around, SeHun could only nod in agreement. Kai had spoken of his time here as if he were in prison and SeHun had half expected it to be made of iron, but it was all old world grandeur. Sweeping staircases, marbled floors, tapestries and pillars decorated the house, lending an air of stepping into the past. The walls were bare, though several spots showed discoloring where paintings used to hang, piqueing his curiousity at their removal. He turned to ask Kai about them, but was instead met with Kai's mom, wrapping her arms around SeHun to enfold him in a big bear hug. 

"SeHun! It's so good to see you! I am so glad you came to visit; I just love England," she said, then motioned to LuHan. "And who might this young man be?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter