Chapter Six

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of that night Kai could barely sleep; he was so excited yet nervous about telling SeHun and LuHan about his encounter with the White Queen and what she gave him. He spent most of the night staring at the silver orb, watching the way it pulsed and glowed along with the beams of the moon. When six o'clock finally rolled around he couldn't wait any longer, and he burst into the bedroom his friends were sharing, startling LuHan awake.

"I've found the way to get to the Fae!" He said, holding up the gleaming silver object. 

LuHan stared at him with wide eyes, sleep still clouding his mind as he tried to decipher what Kai was saying. SeHun glanced at Kai before rolling onto his stomach and pulling the covers over his head, swatting a hand in Kai's direction as an indication to get out. "'S too early..." he muttered into his pillow, but Kai bounced over to the bed and with one strong pull, yanked the covers off of the two, exposing them to the chil early morning air. SeHun immediately squeaked in embarrassment and dove for the covers at Kai's feet, but LuHan simply crossed his arms and sat there, looking back at Kai with a stony face. 

"Like what you see?" He asked snottily, and Kai snorted in amusement and shook his head. 

"You're wearing shorts. Who cares. Come on, SeHun, we need to go."

He dropped the covers onto the floor and hurried downstairs to fix a quick breakfast for the three of them. His mom and Kevin would still be sleeping, so he made sure to be quite and to clean up after himself. As he worked, he found that he was humming under his breath; the chance of getting Taemin back was becoming a reality and he couldn't stop the broad smile from spreading over his face.

And so it was that less than an hour later the three boys found themselves standing in Kai's room, gathered in a circle with joined hands, all with baited breath as Kai tried to push his will onto the orb and get passage into the Fae Realm. For a long moment he feared it wouldn't work, but then the air around them seemed to warp and twist as they fell from one reality into another. Kai stood to his feet, brushing the dirt from his jeans as he took in the strange sights around him.

The Fae Realm was nothing like what he had expected. He had watched quite a few science fiction movies like The Lord of the Rings and expected it to be all beautiful spires and green valleys, but instead they three were standing in the middle of a cobblestone street, surrounded by short little buildings that seemed to twist and turn and hunch in on themselves, the eyes not quite being able to discern where one wall ended and another started. They all seemed misshapen and strange, and were garishly colored in bright shades of the rainbow.

Kai turned to look at his companions, only to see them surrounded by creatures of many different shapes and sizes. Tiny little winged fairies flitted around them nervously, glowing and changing colors in rapid succession. Tall, stately elves regarded them with suspicious gazes, an unfriendly air to their stance, while short and ugly little round creatures that looked like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter