Chapter Five

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite the good news of Kai's remembering, the three searchers still had no idea where to begin. Kai was certain that is had something to do with the Prince that Taemin had crossed in the past, but he couldn't remember the name for anything. And so for the next several weeks they combed through everythign they could find about the Fae; Kai and LuHan taking to the internet and SeHun to the library in the manor. It was tedious and they had to comb through what seemed more likely to be fiction, and soon they all began to lose heart.

LuHan was slumped in a cushy library chair, laptop balanced on his knees as he searched for information about the Fae Realm, SeHun across from him doing much the same thing in a book. Kai sat crossed legged on the floor, his tablet in his hand as he read yet another supposed "historical" account of the Fae. He set it down on his lap as he glanced at the other two, a frustrated look on his face. "This isn't getting us anywhere." He said, and SeHun slowly lowered his book to nod his head in agreement. 

"Yes... but what else can we do?"

"A dead cat summons the White Queen, supposedly." LuHan chimed in, and his boyfriend gave him a dirty look. "We're not killing a cat, LuLu. Seriously?" The older boy shrugged and turned back to his screen, missing the look that Kai gave them both.

"Maybe it wouldn't be so wrong," Kai said quietly, thinking that he might be willing to sacrifice anything to have Taemin back. They continued researching, but by the time their beds called they had found nothing of help. Kai closed his bedroom door behind him and sat down onto the edge of his desk, staring at the place on the wall where their painting had hung. He missed Taemin so badly, and yet he was losing hope that he would ever see him again. He could only hope that wherever he was, Taemin was happy.

That night he dreamed that he was standing in the middle of Stonehenge, the moonlight shining down so brightly that it nearly seemed as day. The mists rose all around the ancient standing stones, and a light breeze whisked through the air, chilling him and making his skin pebble. He felt a presence behind him and turned around to see a glowing white form take foot in front of him. It was so bright that he had to shield his eyes with his arm, half-turning from it yet still curious as to what it was. It finally dimmed into the form of a beautiful woman in a gleaming white dress, skin so alabaster that it seemed to glow, hair so black it sparkled and shone in the light from her dress. Her eyes, though, were blood red

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter