Chapter 1

Friends with Benefits (not literally)

Minhee's POV

Class, get into groups of two!” Our PE (physical education) teacher yelled over the chatter of students. Everyone looked right and left searching for their bestie to partner up with. I stood there in the corner, alone. Well, I can’t blame them… Look at me. Plaits, PE shorts just above kneecap and… let’s just say I was old fashioned compared to the rest.

“HEY~ WHASSUP?” A voice screamed into my ear, causing me to cringe and turn around to look at who shouted into my ear.

“Um… yo…?” I blinked and stared at the stranger who seemed somewhat familiar. I saw a huge grin spread across her rosy face, which made a small smile form on my lips.

“I’m HanByul! Let’s be partners for this lesson~” Without waiting for my answer she grabbed my arm and dragged over to the centre. How can she be so hyperactive? Weird person… but… I do like her personality… I must be careful though…

---Flashback---

“You know MinHee? She’s such a !”

I stopped mid-step. Did I hear right? That unmistakable voice... could it be…? I started to edge closer.

“She doesn’t deserve to be Ren’s twin sister I mean they don’t even look alike.”

“Yeah! I know right? Heh. I bet she has no idea that we are only using her to get closer to my babbbyyyy~”

The last sentence caused me to freeze and drop the drink I held in my hand.

---End---

“Watch out!” shouted HanByul and I turned around only to get hit by a ball in the face. I fell to the ground and closed my eyes trying not to cry from the pain. “You alright?” she asked shielding me from the view of other classmates staring at my nose bleed.

“Neh……” I muttered as she helped me stand up. I heard snickers in the background

“Did you see her face when she got hit by that ball?”

“Lol. What a loser.” They snickered again.

“YAH!!! Heads up!” HanByul shouted. I saw a flash of orange as a basketball flew towards them and hit them on the face. “Oops… my hand slipped.”

“Urgh! You’re gonna pay for this!”

“Meh~” HanByul shrugged and turned her back onto them. The girls glared at us and flicked their hair before walking off catwalk style.

[At The Nurse Office]

“There. Just rest there till you feel better ‘kay?” The nurse smiled and drew the divider curtains shut as she went out.

“Thanks for earlier.” I whispered to HanByul.

“No probs- Um… I didn’t catch your name.” She shifted her chair closer to the bed. 

“Oh, sorry. It’s MinHee.”

“Hey. You’re in my class right? Class D2.”

“Yea~” Ah… So that’s why she seemed so familiar!

“Thought so. Your name seemed to strike a bell. You’re new right? Cuz I’ve never seen you before? Do you have people to hang out with?”

She means friends I guess… Dude. Who would want to hang out with a geek like me?

“Yeah. This is my first day here.”

“Let’s be friends!” She declared and jumped up into the air. I couldn’t help but let a giggle escape from me. It was basically impossible not to like her. “Finally~ I have a friend that isn’t like those s~” I muttered not loud enough for her to hear.

So now we just sat there and did the ‘question and answer’.

“Favourite colour?” I asked.

“Silver.”

“Really? Mine’s blue.”

“Favourite Animal?”

“Cat.”

“Ewww… doggies for me~”

“Bimbimbap or sushi?”

“Bimbimb-”

“Minny!!!” The curtains were thrown wide open and a boy jumped on top of me, crushing me in a hug.

----------

Hello! Did you like the first chapter? It was written my kakaily! [She's not on AFF, but please do follow her on Wattpad] A little short, but I hope you anticipate the ones to come! Thanks for reading~ Don't forget to comment and subscribe~ ^3^