Special Moments with the Brother

My Twisted Life With Super Junior [Read Description]

 

First morning here in Korea and so far I haven’t caused any trouble yet. I think? Excluding that surprise attack I did on Sungmin last night. It’s not actually trouble. As a matter of fact, it’s staying out of trouble. If I hadn’t kissed him last night, Kyu would have annoyed me some more and that’s where trouble would come in. Am I right? Of course I am.

Speaking of trouble, here comes the brother who almost got into trouble with me last night. “Hey, little sis.” He said, obviously acting like nothing happened last night. “Got any plans for today?”

I shrugged. “I plan on sleeping the whole day. If that counts as ‘a plan’.”

“Sleep? You’ve got tons of time for that! Why not spend your plans for today with your oppa?” He perked up, trying to convince me to be with him for a day.

“So, we just sleep together. I plan on sleeping for today and you request that I spend it with you, so let’s go sleep.” I nonchalantly replied. I have to admit, I’m starting to sound like my old self way back then because of how I’m treating him right now.

He rolled his eyes at me. “Yah, Cho Seohyun.” Fact about my brother, when he’s starting to get pissed, he calls me by my Korean name, so if I were you I’d stop joking right now.

“Okay okay.” I raised my hands in surrender. “What do you plan on doing today?”

“Don’t know. Sleep with my sister?” He mocked.

I shot him death glares since our conversation was going nowhere. “You call me by my Korean name, I agree to make some plans with you, and then you tell me that we’re only sleeping? Let’s just go somewhere okay.”

“Yes, ma’am.” I rolled my eyes at him. “Anyway, have you texted our parents that you’re already here?” He raised his eyebrow at me.

I bit my lower lip, smiling innocently. “About that, I haven’t done that yet.”

“Why?”

“Because I have this feeling that they’ll keep asking me questions.”

“Why?”

“Because I’ve taken up a course which I have a feeling that they won’t agree to.”

“Why?”

“Because we all know that Umma wants me to take up something like Medicine or Law.”

“And?”

I pouted, mumbling to myself. “I accidentally left my phone in Sacramento.”

He smirked. “You said a lot. I’m only waiting for you to say that you lost your phone.”

My eyes widened at what he said. “How did you find out?”

“How many phones have you lost again ever since?”

“Good point.”

“Then we have a plan! We’re going to buy you a phone.”

I just nodded along with him. As I was looking around the dorms, something on the fridge caught my eye.

Kyuhyun's prank schedule

Monday: Leeteuk, Kangin and Zhou Mi

Tuesday: Heechul, Hangeng, Kibum and Siwon

Wednesday: Yesung and Ryeowook

Thursday: Eunhyuk, Donghae and Henry

Friday: Sungmin

Saturday: All

Sunday: Rest day

“Prank Schedule?” I asked.

“Uh-huh. I just updated it recently. Took me a long time to figure out where I’ll fit Zhou Mi and Henry in.” I nodded once more.

“Looks like Tuesdays are a pretty busy day for you.” His prank schedule looked pretty hectic, makes me wonder how he even manages to follow it being an idol and all. “Haven’t you ever thought of moving one person there on Wednesdays or maybe Fridays?”

“Nope.” He proudly answered. “First, Jongwoon Hyung and Ryeowook are two of the people I prank the most. As for Sungmin, well I wanted my Fridays to only be focused on him.”

“In other words…” I made a tone with my voice. “It’s a Kyumin thing?”

He smiled and just nodded. “Eat quickly, I’m excited to go shopping with you after 4 years.”

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

“Why’d you lose your phone anyway?” Kyuhyun asked as we walk by some gadget store at the mall.

“Because I was already late for my flight that I forgot it was charging.” I said embarrassingly.

He laughed at me, covering his mouth to supress his laughter. “Why am I not surprised?”

“Blah blah blah.” I mocked, even making faces at him. I know I tend to lose my stuff easily. But hey, I can’t help it. It’s not easy keeping track of all my things especially when I don’t use them all the time. And yes, I don’t use my phone all the time since the only person I text there is Xinnia.

Minutes later, we entered this gadget shop that sells pretty decent and awesome phones. What caught my eye was this Samsung galaxy s3. To be honest, I’ve been watching this phone ever since it was released in Sacramento.

“Excuse me.” I asked the saleslady. “How much is this phone?” I pointed at the s3.

She told me the price of phone and my eyes widened in shock.  Boy, how I wished earning money was easier.

“So you want that phone?” My brother asked. I answered him with a simple nod. “Then we’ll take one, please.” He told the saleslady. I elbowed him and shot him a worried glance.

“I can’t afford that kind of phone.” I whispered. “How could you do such thing?”

“Who says you’re paying? I haven’t been with my sister for four years, so I hope she takes this as my simple gift for her.” He smiled. “Besides, I got you to spend time with me after you said that you just wanted to sleep the whole day.”

I smiled back at him, muttering in my low voice. “Thanks, bro.”

“No prob, sis.”

God knows how much I thanked my brother after that. I mean, after some time, I’ve finally got the phone that I was dreaming for. I even bought the phone a light blue polka-dotted case to give it some color.

After our phone shopping, my brother and I both agreed to rest for a while.  We found this empty park bench where not a lot of people pass by so it wouldn’t be such trouble to worry about some fangirl suddenly popping out and take pictures.  As we sat on the bench, I opened the phone box and started examining my new phone.

“Like your new phone?” He asked.

“Of course! Do you know how expensive this is? I’m surprised that you paid for it! Thank you again!”

“Aigoo, you haven’t thanked me this much in my whole life.”

“Then make the most of it right now. Who knows when I’ll be thanking you this much next time.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Same little sister from back then.” I heard him mumble. “She only had gotten prettier and taller. Which reminds me, how many hearts did you broke for the passed years that you were in Sacramento?”

I shook my head. “None, Kyu. I refrained from dating and only focused on swimming.” A faint smile crept up my mouth. “And studying.” I even added.

He smiled even more, and ruffled my hair. “My sister, studying? I wouldn’t react much when you said swimming, but then you said studying. That’s new.”

“After the break up, my mind was made up that I’d do better. Maybe show him that I can do well even without him. I’ve realized a lot of things and found out some of them that I’m capable of.”

“You surely took the break-up really badly, huh?”

“I couldn’t help it. Those days are the times where I asked myself what I did wrong. To be honest, those were one of the darkest days of my life. I felt so bad for myself that I was still wishing that he’d take me back. That I even wanted to do bad things to that girl who was flirting with him that day after our break up. That’s why I vowed from that day that I’d show him and make him realize and regret how he wasted someone like me.” I became stiff as a rock as I said those words.

“Do you still love him, Hayley?” Kyuhyun simply asked.

“That I can’t answer. One moment, I forget about him. Next thing I knew, memories start haunting me. The kind of memories where I feel that would depress me to death.” I mumbled. “He was that treated me very special among the rest.”

“Maybe you just didn’t notice the other people who treated you specially too?”

I shrugged again. “Where were they when I really felt how alone I was after he left me?”

He kissed my forehead. “Probably doing the best they can to help cheering you up. But you left immediately, so they didn’t get a chance to show it to you.”

No response was made by me. I just stared blankly at the ground.

“If it makes you feel any better, I did something to him to make him pay for what he did to my little sister.” He said.

“What would that be?”

“I scared the hell out of him with the help of a fruit. Which is why he doesn’t eat those things anymore.” Suddenly, I bursted out laughing from what he just said.

“S-seriously?” I managed to say from all of my laughter.

“Yeah! No one messes with the Cho siblings.” He winked. “Wanna go home now? The members might look for us now since it’s dinner time already. Wookie cooked something nice for us tonight.”

“Alright then.” A wide smile came out of me. “Wait! I wanna take a picture of both of us.”

He nodded as I took my phone and placed it on camera mode. We both smiled as our photo was snapped in an instant. When I showed him the picture, I told him “I’m making this my phone’s wallpaper.”

We both smiled and I slinged my arm against his as we walked home together. For one more time, I whispered another thank you to him which gained me a pat on the head from him.

He’s my brother, my blood. He annoys the hell out of me most of the time, but I can surely depend on him with my whole life and I can trust him with my problems.