Goodbye Sacramento, Hello Seoul

My Twisted Life With Super Junior [Read Description]

Hayley’s POV

"Do you really have to go?" My best friend/roommate, Xinnia, told me. Xinnia here is also from South Korea. If I’m not mistaken, her hometown is in Ilsan. I don’t know exactly which part in Ilsan, but that’s not necessary anymore. It’s not like I’m going to her house, right?

"For the tenth time, yes!" I had to emphasize the ‘yes’ so that she can stop asking. I love her, but she can sometime be really annoying.

"But why?" She asked, trying to pull up the ‘aegyo card’ on me.

"Because my parents want me to study college in Korea with my brother." I answered back while I was making my last-minute packing.

"Oh. Where are you going to study then? And what are you going to take up?"

"Well, I'll be studying in Kyung Hee University and I'll be taking Architecture."

"Sweet! Like, you’ll be making houses and stuff?” She giggled.

“Yeah. Something like that.”

“But I’ve never seen you draw before nor have I seen you made an effort in Math. You might have a hard time.”

“Hence, why I’m taking up that course.” I said, staring at her. “I’m taking it so that I can learn more. And who doesn't like making houses? Besides, they’re offering me a chance to join the swimming varsity so I had to go to Kyung Hee."

She gave me that weird look. “You just love swimming, don’t you?”

In return, I shot her back a ‘don’t-you-know-me?’ look. “Xinnia, swimming is my whole life. You know, before I went to Sacramento, there was this school in Korea that offered me a swimming scholarship. They said that I’ll be granted one if I become part of their school and varsity.”

“Really? Then why did you end up here?”

I just sighed sadly, looking back at the memory. “Let’s just say that my parents had other plans for me. I was an even worse girl back then, so my parents threw me here to study. My Mom wanted me to take up some high course like medicine or law, but I’m not even interested in those. Heck, I’d rather take up something else than those.”

“Oh.” She simply said. Then she decided to think of a new topic. “Your brother’s studying in Kyung Hee, right? What is his course?”

"Post Modern Music"

"Omo! Do you know that member from this band called Super Junior named Cho Kyuhyun? He is also taking that! And to tell you the truth, Kyuhyun is one of my biases in that group." I stared a ther in shock. She has a crush on my brother?

“What?” she asked. “Don’t give me that look! It’s shocking me!” Insert her whining here.

I shook my head. “N-nothing. It’s just that…" I shook my head again. “… nothing. Ignore what I just said.” She looked at me like I was hiding something from her. If she finds out that Kyuhyun’s my brother, I don’t know what’s gonna happen to me. Luckily, she decided to really ignored what I just said and shrugged everything off.

"I have to leave now. My plane leaves in like... OMO! MY PLANE LEAVES IN 30 MINUTES AND I HAVEN'T LEFT THE DORM YET!!!" I panicked. I ran quickly to the door, but Xinnia was fast enough to catch me before I leave.

"Yah Hubae! Aren’t you gonna say goodbye to me? I'll miss you, and yet you’re not even going to hug me.” She pouted. Of course, how can I resist her pout? It’s my weakness. I know it, she knows it. That’s why she uses it to me most of the time. “Here is my number so even though we are far from each other, I can still contact you. I also took your number while you were packing because I already expected you to rush like this. Please don't forget me." Within a span of seconds, tears started to fall down her face. I’m not the type who cries a lot, so I just gave her a reassuring look.

"Sunbae, I’m pretty sure that we’ll see each other again. May it be in Korea, or may it be here. Who knows? My parents might throw me back here again. I’ll miss you so much! You’re like, my closest friend here. How can I ever forget you?” I smiled, wiping the tears in her eyes. “You will always be my Sunbae that will forever love Super Junior, and I will always be your Hubae that will never get why you like them. I mean, they’re dorks. Trust me.” With this statement of mine, I’ve received a light slap on my arm.

“You haven’t experienced fangirling yet.” She answered, sticking her tongue out at me.

“Believe me, I’ve already did.” I winked. “I really have to go now. I’m gonna be late! My family would kill me if I don’t arrive at Incheon Airport on time!”

After we said our goodbyes, I have finally left her. Goodbye dorm, goodbye Xinnia, goodbye Sacramento. Hello Seoul, hello Kyung Hee University, hello Super Junior.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xinnia’s POV

Time moves so fast. My Hubae’s already leaving me. I never thought that she’ll leave Sacramento anymore since I’ve already heard her plan that she’ll finish her studies here. Then one day, she comes to me asking if it was alright if I could help her book a flight to South Korea. Imagining my reaction back then was like ‘Are you freaking serious? You’re leaving Sacramento already?’

I cried so much back then! Hayley’s like the sun to my day. Sounds cheesy, huh? But it’s true. I’ll always remember her complaining every morning on why she has to wake up really early for school. How late she would come home every Tuesdays to Fridays because she’s training for some swimming competition or just simply because she wanted to improve her swimming. As if her swimming wasn’t fast enough. Whenever we swim, I’m always left out. But what’s nice about her is that she’ll do everything she can to help me. Now do you get why I simply love her?

It would be nice to go back to South Korea. Even though my brother is not staying in Ilsan anymore, maybe I could just live with him in Seoul. That way, it’d be easier to be with Hayley. I could take up Fine Arts too. In fact, I’m more into drawing than Hayley. Hmmm, what should I do? I mean, I can’t just leave everything here. What will my parents say? If only my brother could help me with this. My brother, my brother, my brother. I got it! I’ll call him right now! 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you want to know her idea is? Well you have to wait. Her idea will be revealed soon.

I hope you like my first chapter. I have to remind you again I'm just new here so please be patient with me.

Thank you :)

Done revising this chapter~ I hope you like the revised edition even more than the first one. 

And yes, I've decided to make Sacramento as the place where Hayley lived before she went back to Seoul~ :3