Chapter 10

can the pain be cured?

Wooyoung is sitting at one of the table at the bakery enjoying his free time. There are only a few customers today. He’s holding a book in his hand. He’s going to start reading when he remembers his day out with Nichkhun yesterday. He giggles. It had been a long time since he feels that happy. A pain struck him when he remembers the last time he did.

Flashback...

It was weekend...he was asleep when he feel a hand caressing his cheek. He opens his eyes and saw Taecyeon smiling in front of him.

“Good morning baby...it’s time to wake up.” Wooyoung pout. He wants to sleep longer. He pulls the blanket and turn around.

 

“Hey...” Taecyeon just smile seeing Wooyoung childish act. He gets on the bed. He gets on top of him. He held Wooyoung’s chinned and turn it so that it faces him. Wooyoung was shutting his eyes closely. Taecyeon move closer and kiss Wooyoung’s lips lightly.

“You can’t wake up without your morning kiss huh?” he said playfully. Wooyoung open his eyes and start blushing.

“Weekend is here, let’s go out...or do you want to spent the whole day in bed Woo?” Taecyeon grin mischievously. Wooyoung’s face becomes redder. He got up and pushes Taecyeon aside. He grabs his towel and ran into their bathroom.

“You’re such a ert!!!” he shout from inside.

“And you like it don’t you?” he can hear Taecyeon laugh. Wooyoung’s can feel his face become redder if it even possible.

“Shut up Taec!!!” he feel embarrassed and Taecyeon still continue laughing.

They arrive at the shop. Wooyoung’s eyes sparkle with delight. They always went to this ice-cream shop during weekend. He feel excited, when he saw Taecyeon step out of the car he quickly grab his hand and drag him toward the shop. Customers were staring at them when they enter the shop. Wooyoung startled. He let go of Taecyeon’s hand. Taecyeon smirk. He places his hand at Wooyoung’s waist and pulls him closer.

“Baby...chooses your ice-cream faster.” He whispers to Wooyoung’s ear.

Wooyoung feel relief. Taecyeon was never afraid to show affection toward him in public and that what he love about Taecyeon. He doesn’t have to pretend when Taecyeon was with him. He blushes and starts choosing his favorite ice-cream.

End of flashback...

Wooyoung smile weakly. “I guess it had become bad habit...” he said slowly when he remember how he held Nichkhun’s hand yesterday. He closes his book and starts to get up to continue his work.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………..

They have been hanging out together since that. Wooyoung have started to warm up with Junho and Nichkhun. He feels really happy he made new friends. There are sitting together at a table in a restaurant when the thought come to Wooyoung.

“It’s a good thing I decided to come here. Channie, Junho and Nichkhun have been really great friends to me” Wooyoung smiles contently. He loves their company. Their companies made him think less about Taecyeon. He is enjoying their evening together when suddenly someone call him.

“Oppa, Is that you Wooyoung oppa?” A girl comes toward their direction. Wooyoung eyes widened, clearly shock.

“What is she doing here?” he thought.

“Ji eun, what are you doing here alone? Where is Minjun hyung?” Wooyoung ask while looking for someone.

“It’s IU oppa!! How many times i need to remind you?” IU come closer and hugs Wooyoung tightly.

“I really miss you oppa. Minjun oppa is too busy working that he can’t come with me.” Wooyoung’s face has turned crimson red since IU is still hugging him.

He and IU have known each other for a long time. They are like sibling and IU knows about his relationship with Taecyeon. They are used to that kind of skin ship but being hug that long embarrassed him.

“Jieun…Channie oppa want a hug too” Chansung said opening his arm widely. IU turns her head toward Chansung. She smiles widely before practically jumping into Chansung embrace.

“They really loves to hug that much huh?” Junho exclaims. Wooyoung just chuckle.

Both IU and Chansung stop hugging each other. IU stand ups and take a sit beside Wooyoung.

“Oppa…” she said weakly.

Wooyoung look at IU blankly. He knows what she’s going to say. Chansung can guess it too. He lends his body forward so that he can reach Wooyoung in case he’ll do anything stupid. Both Junho and Nichkhun look at each other. They can sense the heavy atmosphere.

“Wooyoung oppa…Minjun oppa and I met Taecyeon oppa when we were in the state.” IU start. Wooyoung body becomes tense.

“You should meet him oppa. He’s been looking for you.” IU said weakly. Wooyoung shake his head furiously. They can see his mouth mumbling the words no again and again.

“Stop being so stubborn oppa! Just meet him and hear him out.” IU has start tearing. Wooyoung is still shaking his head.

“You still love him don’t you?!!!” IU tears have turn into sobbing. Wooyoung stop shaking his head and freeze in his place. His body is trembling and his tears start flowing down.

“Jieun…it’s enough.” Chansung said. He walks toward both of them.

“I’m so sorry Khun, Nuneo…we have to go.” Chansung said to both his friends. He moves toward the entrance of the restaurant with Wooyoung on his back and followed by IU.

Junho and Nichkhun look at each other. They don’t really understand what’s going on. They have been quiet the whole time after that. Back at his apartment Nichkhun become restless. He had switch off the light for a while now but his body refuse to sleep. He keeps repeating the scene in the restaurant earlier. Nichkhun feel the slight pain in his heart. Nichkhun sigh deeply.

“So he already has someone huh?” Nichkhun asked himself. He shut his eyes. Nichkhun remember clearly the pain expression on Wooyoung’s face. At that time he could not think of anything other than he want to go there and comfort him but he didn’t do it because he knew he couldn’t. Nichkhun clutch his chest where his heart is.

“It’s too painful.” Nichkhun get up from bed and drink some water to ease the pain.

“Why do I have to feel this way?” he asks to himself.