Chapter 23

can the pain be cured?

Nichkhun watches as Minjun, Chansung and Junho bring stuff from Wooyoung house into his house. He doesn’t know how, but they manage to convince Wooyoung to live with him. Nichkhun glance at Wooyoung who is hugging a chick plushy on the sofa. Wooyoung look healthier now. A bit pale, but healthier. Nichkhun smile content.

“How he can be so adorable?” he often wonders.

Minjun, Chansung and Junho keep going back and forth bringing more stuff into Nichkhun house. Seeing the amount of stuff Nichkhun can’t help but ask.

“Are all of you planning to make Wooyoung move in forever?” Nichkhun whisper slowly, while pulling Junho away from them. Junho look at Nichkhun and smirk.

“Don’t you like it?” he asks. Nichkhun start blushing.

“I love it, but I want he come on his accord, not by force.” Nichkhun said slowly.

“No one force him, Channie said they just mention about it to Wooyoung and he simply agrees.” Junho explains to Nichkhun. Nichkhun starts to smile when Junho continues…

“Well, he simply agrees after Minjun hyung send him his deadly stare. I can assure you that stare is really frightening.” Junho said shivering when he remembers Minjun stares. Nichkhun rolls his eyes annoyed.

“Then you’re forcing him.” he said in a matter of fact.

“…besides, it’ll be awkward if we live together for a long time. Don’t you think so?” Nichkhun states his worries.

“How can it be awkward? I live with Channie for a long time. We’re ok with it.” Junho said confuse.

“Both of you have separate room for god sake. I don’t even have extra bed. Not to mention that I like him.” Nichkhun said frustrated. Junho huffs after hearing Nichkhun rants.

“Come on Khun, even when we have separate room, we always end up sleeping on the same bed. It’s not like you’re going to sleep on the same bed with Wooyoung…” Junho trails off and eyes Nichkhun suspiciously.

“…or are you planning to sleep on the same bed with him?” Junho asks and smirking.

“N…no!!!” Nichkhun said and start blushing heavily. Junho chuckle happily.

“Don’t worry Khun, Wooyoung is ok with it. Channie said that Wooyoung is pretty oblivious. If you can control your hormone, you can live together with him without any problem.” Junho said teasing.

“Who do you think I am?” Nichkhun said a bit hurt.

“Who knows maybe one of this day you end up kissing him in your sleep.” Junho tease again. Nichkhun has turned red from Junho comment.

“I…I won’t.” Nichkhun stutter. Junho chuckle again.

“How cute.” He pats Nichkhun shoulder before going back to help Chansung and Minjun.

“Stupid Junho. Now he gives me weird ideas.” Nichkhun whine frustrated.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nichkhun is massaging his sore neck when Junho enter the office.

“What happen to you?” Junho asks after he takes his sits.

“Try sleeping on the sofa for days and then you’ll know what happen to me.” Nichkhun answer sarcastically. Junho chuckle when he hears Nichkhun answer.

“Don’t tell me you’ve been sleeping on the sofa ever since Wooyoung live with you?” Junho asks shock.

“Where can I sleep beside the sofa, Junho?” Nichkhun asks back.

“On the bed of course.” Junho answers casually. Nichkhun widened his eyes.

“…and let Wooyoung sleep on the sofa instead?” Nichkhun asks confuse.

“Why would you let Wooyoung sleep on the sofa? Just sleep with him on the bed.” Junho explains. His voices already sound annoyed.

“N…No…I…I can’t sleep with him.” Nichkhun starts to stutter.

“You’ll just lie on the bed Khun, I’m asking you to sleep sleep, not another kind of sleep. What are you thinking?” Junho frowns. Nichkhun’s face turns redder.

“Now that you mention that, there’s no way I’ll be able to sleep on the same bed with Wooyoung. You’ll always give me weird ideas.” Nichkhun complains.

“I never know you’re this erted Khun. Poor Wooyoung, why it seems that every man that likes him are ert?” Junho comment amazed before starting to do his work. Nichkhun sighs deeply.

“I’m not a ert.” Nichkhun said slowly before he too starts to work.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nichkhun is completely exhausted that day. Once he enters the house he can see the sofa where he usually sleeps. He sighs heavily.

“What a sight for sore eyes.” he mumbles. Nichkhun sit on the sofa and loosen his necktie. He turns to look at the door to his room.

“He must be sleeping.” He said to himself. Nichkhun sighs again, and then he lies down on the sofa to relax his sore body. Ever since Wooyoung live with him, Nichkhun had been sleeping on the sofa in his living room. Each time Wooyoung wake up due to his nightmare, Nichkhun will be rushing to calm him down. Wooyoung condition has slightly improves. He also has begun to talk more and Nichkhun will ensure that Wooyoung is eating properly.

“I’m happy that I can help you this way, Wooyoung.” Nichkhun smiles a bit. Nichkhun knows that Taecyeon’s death shocked Wooyoung terribly but he’s happy knowing that Wooyoung try his best to move on, to keep on living. Nichkhun glance at the door again.

“Even when you’re doing it not for you but for him…” Nichkhun said slowly. He remembers one of the times he found Wooyoung in the kitchen, doing dishes. Nichkhun smile when he saw Wooyoung being that energetic. He walks closer to greet Wooyoung and praise him but Wooyoung voice stop his steps.

“He’ll be sad if I keep on being depressed. Fighting Woo.” Wooyoung mumble to himself. Nichkhun just smile sadly at the memories.

“…even when you’re not here…you’re the one that motivate him Taec” Nichkhun talks into the thin air. Nichkhun was going to walk away to take shower when he hears the door creak. Nichkhun turns his head to the door and he sees Wooyoung coming out from there. He’s in his pj’s and he’s carrying the chick plushy in one of his hand.

“Wooyoung, why are you up? Do you have another nightmare?” Nichkhun asks and walks closer to Wooyoung’s direction.

“Khun…” Wooyoung said while hugging the plushy tighter.

“Yes.” Nichkhun answer and walks closer.

“Am I burdening you?” Wooyoung asks weakly.

“Of course not. What makes you think like that?” Nichkhun walks closer and placing his hand on Wooyoung shoulder. Nichkhun feels worried. Wooyoung panic attacks always start like that; it’s when he feels insecure. Nichkhun needs to calm him before it’s too late.

“It just that I’ve been sleeping on your bed…and you have to sleep on the sofa…and you have sore muscle…and…” Wooyoung start his rant. Nichkhun can feel Wooyoung insecurities.

“It’s ok Wooyoung. I don’t mind. I have sore muscle just because my sleeping posture is bad. It’s not your fault.” Nichkhun explains carefully.

“…or do you hate me?” Wooyoung suddenly asks. Nichkhun is shocks with the question.

“No! Why do you think that I hate you?” Nichkhun asks feeling bad. He is afraid that Wooyoung might misunderstand his action.

“…maybe I should sleep on the sofa instead or I should move back to my house…” Wooyoung continue mumbling.

“Wooyoung…Wooyoung, listen to me, I don’t hate you. I’m pleased that you’re staying with me. I’m pleased that I can help you.” Nichkhun said trying his best to assure Wooyoung.

“Then…why did you sleep on the sofa? You won’t if you don’t hate me.” Wooyoung asks still feeling insecure.

“I thought that you’ll feel awkward if we share the bed. So I decide to sleep on the sofa.” Nichkhun explains again. Wooyoung frown.

“Just use the bed. The bed is big enough. Besides, I hate sleeping alone. I’m thankful that chick accompanies me.” Wooyoung said while nuzzling the chick plushy. Nichkhun blush at Wooyoung’s words.

“Are you asking me to share the bed with you?” Nichkhun asks again to confirm that he wasn’t dreaming. Wooyoung simply nods and walks backs into the bedroom. Once Wooyoung was out of sight, Nichkhun smile becomes wider. He feels happy to be able to sleep on his bed again, and besides that Wooyoung will be there too. He blushes at the thought.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

After a while, Nichkhun enter his bedroom. Wooyoung was already sounds asleep. He walks closer. Nichkhun sit at the empty end of the bed. He watches as Wooyoung breath steadily. Nichkhun get on and lie on the cover.

“Should I sleep on the cover or in the cover?” He thought nervously. He looks at Wooyoung direction again. Wooyoung’s back is facing him. Wooyoung’s moves a bit and looks uncomfortable since Nichkhun lies on the cover that covering him.

“Then, under the cover it is.” Nichkhun decides when he saw Wooyoung movement. Nichkhun slips under the cover. He sleeps facing the ceiling of his room. He can feel the heats coming from Wooyoung once in a while with Wooyoung’s small movements. Nichkhun feels that his heart beats faster. He breathes deeply to control his nervousness.

“Can I sleep properly like this?” he wonder. Nichkhun close his eyes and start counting sheep in his head to force himself to fall asleep.

“1…2…3…” he counts when he feels Wooyoung turning again facing him. Wooyoung is hugging the plushy tightly. The distance between them is too close that Nichkhun can smell Wooyoung shampoo and he can feel the heat from Wooyoung’s breath. Nichkhun’s heart beats faster.

“There’s no way I can sleep tonight.” Nichkhun said assured.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nichkhun wants to roll in his sleep when he feels something poking his shoulder. He’s still exhausted so he wants to keeps on sleeping. Nichkhun feels the poking again, and then his ears catch a voice.

“Khun…Nichkhun…you need to wake up…you have to go to work.” Wooyoung said poking Nichkhun’s shoulder again. Nichkhun open his heavy eyes when he recognizes Wooyoung’s voice, He realizes Wooyoung looking at him guiltily.

“Y…you need to wake up” Wooyoung said again, looking at him worried. Nichkhun yawn while rubbing his tired eyes. Dark circle can clearly be seen under his eyes. He feels really tired that day. He doesn’t have the slightest idea how he can end up sleeping.

“Maybe I should go to work a bit later, I’m still tired.” Nichkhun said weakly. He yawns again.

“Do you have trouble sleeping?” Wooyoung asks suddenly. Nichkhun looks at him clearly shocks.

“Does he know?” Nichkhun thought afraid.

“You have dark circle, and you look really tired. It seems like you don’t have proper sleep. Do you have a nightmare?” Wooyoung asks again. He looks worried. Nichkhun smile a bit. For some weird reason, he likes the feeling of someone worrying about him.

“No…it just that i…” Nichkhun wants to explain to Wooyoung but suddenly Nichkhun is brought into a tight hug. Nichkhun is flustered. Wooyoung is hugging him tightly and rubbing comforting circle on his back.

“Wooyoung…” Nichkhun wants to ask why but Wooyoung’s voice stops him.

“I know how it feels to have terrible nightmare. I’m an expert in that. I don’t know how I can help you, but doing this calm me down, I just hope that it work on you too.” Wooyoung said while continue rubbing comforting circle on Nichkhun’s back. He’s doing the exact same thing Nichkhun always done to him. Nichkhun smiles again.

“You’ve completely misunderstood, but it does feel good Wooyoung.” Nichkhun thought silently.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Wooyoung arrive at the bakery feeling livelier than usual. He places the chick plushy that he brings together with him on one of the chair before he changes into his uniform. Chansung who hears the rustling sound comes to take a look and see Wooyoung’s smiling happily.

“You look good today Udong.” He comments happily. It has been so long since Chansung saw that bright smile coming from Wooyoung.

“Am i?” Wooyoung said happily. He has already finished changing and begins to start his work.

“What makes you this happy?” Chansung asks again, curious. Wooyoung chuckle slowly.

“After all that had happen, last night for the first time, I’m able to have a good sleep.” Wooyoung answer while smiling.

“No nightmares?” Chansung asks amused.

“Not even once.” Wooyoung answer excited.

“It’s a good sign Udong. It’s funny though that a good sleep can make you this happy.” Chansung tease his cousin. Wooyoung rolls his eyes.

“Try being woke up from nightmare more than once while sleeping for months, then you’ll know how precious a good sleep to you too.” Wooyoung said annoyed.

“I’m sorry; I don’t mean to hurt you. Forgive me.” Chansung quickly apologize.  Wooyoung just huff his annoyance. Chansung smile widely. It’s good that Wooyoung has starts to become lively again. He starts to walks away when he sees the chick plushy sitting on one of the chair.

“Udong…” He calls for Wooyoung.

“Hurm?” Wooyoung answer without giving Chansung much attention.

“What’s with the plushy?” Chansung asks curious. He had been aware of that plush toy since the time he packed away most of Taecyeon’s stuff. He was trying to minimize anything that might trigger Wooyoung panic attack at that time when Wooyoung stay silently watching him while hugging the plush toy like his life depend on it.

“I notice you’ve been carrying this plushy everywhere.” He asks again. Wooyoung stop what he was doing and walks to where Chansung and the chick plushy are. Wooyoung pick the plushy up and hug it tightly inhaling the scent.

“Taecyeon bought me this on my last birthday. He said that I remind him of a little chick.” Wooyoung smile sadly at the memories.

“…But he never let me hug this plushy, he always took it away from me saying that he was jealous I hug the plushy more than him…” Wooyoung pout. His eyes start to be watery.

“…seriously Channie, how can he be jealous with a plushy…” the tears start to drop to Wooyoung’s cheeks. Chansung walks toward Wooyoung and hug him tightly.

“Taec hyung jealous of many things Udong. He even jealous of the pillow you sleep on” Chansung said trying to lift Wooyoung mood. Wooyoung just chuckle when hearing Chansung word.

“Taecyeon was indeed that kind of person.” He thought.