Chapter 26

can the pain be cured?

The next morning, Wooyoung wake to an empty bed. He sighed in relief. He was very much awake last night and he was very much aware what Nichkhun had just told him that night. He wouldn’t not know what to do if he wakes up and have to face Nichkhun. Wooyoung is at loss.

“What should he do? What should he say?” he thought.

Wooyoung looks around and catch a piece of note on the table. He reaches for the note and recognizes Nichkhun’s handwriting on it.

-Wooyoung, I’m sorry i didn’t wake you up. I have important meeting I need to attend too. You know how tiresome it is to deal with grumpy Junho. Sometimes I wonder which of us is actually the boss. By the way, you look tired. If you don’t feel well call Chansung and ask him to bring you to Minjun hyung. Please, take care of yourself. -                                                       Nichkhun

p/s :I leave some pancakes for you on the table. Don’t forget to eat. (^-^)

Wooyoung smiles when he finished reading the note. Now he knows what to do. He quickly gets off from the bed and getting ready to meet his probable savior, his cousin Chansung.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Once Wooyoung arrives at the bakery, he quickly hugs Chansung like his life depends on him.

“Channie…” Wooyoung said in low voice almost to tear.

“What happen Udong? You’re late. Are you sick? Do you feel weird anywhere? Why are you crying?” Chansung is beyond worried. He searches Wooyoung’s body afraid that he’s hurt anywhere.

“What actually happen Udong?” Chansung asks again.

Wooyoung looks at Chansung with teary eyes. He continue hugging Chansung for a few second before releasing him and start steadying his breath, trying to calm himself down.

“I don’t know what to do Channie. Please help me.” Wooyoung starts to speak.

“Help you with what?” Chansung pick one of the chairs to sit. He looks at Wooyoung with eyes full of concern.

“Last night I had another nightmare and…” before Wooyoung can continue talking, Chansung stop him by hugging him back tightly.

“Oh my, are you ok? Nothing happen right?”  Chansung asks truly worried.

“Let me talk first Channie…” Wooyoung said a bit out of breath.

Chansung release Wooyoung from his tight hug and smile apologetically toward his cousin. He mouths the word I’m sorry to his cousin and make the action of zipping his mouth with his finger. Wooyoung smiles when seeing his action.

“Like I said earlier, I had another nightmare and Nichkhun help me to calm down, but after that I had trouble sleeping and that’s when I heard…” Wooyoung stop. Chansung looks at him in anticipation.

“I don’t know if I hear this right but that night, I heard Nichkhun…” Wooyoung stop again. He’s not really sure he should tell Chansung about it or not.

“What did you heard Udong?” Chansung asks a bit impatient.

“I…hea…i…thought…i…heard Nichkhun said that he @#$%^&*&^%$...” Wooyoung blurt out. Chansung looks at him confuse.

“I didn’t catch it Udong.” Chansung said feeling a bit sad.

“I said I thought I heard Nichkhun said that he love me.” Wooyoung nearly scream. His faces already flush red from embarrassment. Chansung stare at Wooyoung with shocks expression.

“Why are you looking at me like that? I’m not joking.” Wooyoung said and start to pout.

“Sorry, but did Khun told you when he’s calming you from your nightmare?” Chansung asks.

“No, I don’t think Nichkhun realize I heard what he’s saying since he thought I’m sleeping at that time.” Wooyoung answer explaining the whole situation. Chansung just nods slowly.

“What with the nods? You need to help me Channie.” Wooyoung said a bit pleading.

“How can I help you Udong?” Chansung asks sounded unsure.

“Well, what should I do? How should I act? Should I tell Nichkhun that I know he confess to me?” Wooyoung asks nonstop. Chansung rubs his neck nervously.

“Seriously, how should he answer those questions? If it was Junho, then he’ll probably know what to do.” He thought. He gulps.

“I don’t know Udong. Do you like Nichkhun?” Chansung asks first. Wooyoung looks at him weirdly.

“Of course I like him. He’s my friend.” Wooyoung answers confidently.

“Not like that, I mean do you like Nichkhun like how you like Taecyeon?” Chansung asks again. Wooyoung don’t say a word at the question. It seems like he’s thinking about it.

“I don’t know. If you’re saying that feeling comfortable and safe when Nichkhun is around means that I like him, then maybe I do.” Wooyoung answer a bit unsure. It is Chansung turns to look confuse at Wooyoung.

“Well…that’s what I felt when I’m with Taec…I feel safe, comfortable…I feel protected…and…Nichkhun give me the same feeling.” Wooyoung said while blushing a bit.

“Then, do you love him?” Chansung continue asking.

“Who?” Wooyoung asks back.

“Nichkhun of course. I know you love Taec from a long time ago. But do you love Nichkhun now?” Chansung asks a bit excited. Wooyoung is brought into deep thinking again.

“How do I know?” Wooyoung asks looking a bit afraid.

“Why do you look scared Udong?” Chansung asks worried seeing Wooyoung change of expression.

“How do I know if I’m in love with Nichkhun Channie? I need to know. What if I’m in love with him? Am I betraying Taecyeon? Am I using Nichkhun as replacement? What should I do Channie?” Wooyoung starts feeling insecure. His face turns pale. His breathing becomes heavier. Chansung who recognize the sign walks toward Wooyoung. He hugs his cousin tight.

“It’s alright Udong. It’s ok. Nothing is sure yet.” Chansung speaks to calm Wooyoung down.

“How can I know Channie?” Wooyoung keeps asking persistently. Chansung sighs heavily.

“Do you feel like your face heating up when Nichkhun looks at you? Do you feel like the time stop? That it feels hard to breathe when he smiles? That you feel your heart beats faster when he hugs you? Do you feel any of that Udong?” Chansung asks while looking straight into Wooyoung’s eyes.

“I…i…don’t…I don’t know. I don’t think so. The only thing I know is that I feel this warm feeling deep inside me. Do you think that I’m in love with him?” Wooyoung asks concern.

“If I say that you are, even when you’re not you’ll try to love him…and if I say that you’re not…i might broke someone heart…I know you. I can’t say anything. It all depends on you.” Chansung said feeling hopeless. Wooyoung is in deep thinking again.

“What if this is because I think Nichkhun as Taecyeon’s replacement? That Taecyeon leaves hole so deep inside me that I just desperately trying to fill it with someone that happens to be Nichkhun? What if I’m just using him for my benefit?” Wooyoung is so close to tears already.

“Do you really think Nichkhun as Taecyeon replacement? Can he replace Taecyeon?” Chansung asks calmly. Wooyoung shook his head strongly.

“No…never!!! No one can replace someone else. It’s an insult to both Taecyeon and Nichkhun. We’re different individual Channie. There’s no one that can replace you, or Jieun, Minjun or Junho. No one can…because we are special in our own way. So there’s no way Nichkhun can replace Taecyeon because Nichkhun is Nichkhun and Taecyeon is Taecyeon.” Chansung smiles at Wooyoung answer. He expected Wooyoung to answer the question this way because he heard it once before, a long time ago.

“Then why does it bother you so much Udong?” Chansung asks again. He is still as calm as before. Wooyoung breathes deeply.

“…because I don’t want Nichkhun to think that way.” Wooyoung answer weakly. Chansung smiles and hug Wooyoung tighter.

“Just acts like you usually do, let the times pass…after a while you’ll know what to do. I promise you that.” Chansung said to Wooyoung, convincing him. Wooyoung just nod weakly.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nichkhun was packing all of his stuff when Junho come into the office.

“You’re smiling from ear to ear again. The staff has start talking. They said that you’re in love.” Junho said while taking his sit. Nichkhun just answer it with a smile.

“…and they make correct guess. Can you at least stop being that obvious?” Junho continue talking.

“Am i?” Nichkhun answer simply while giving Junho a fake confuse look. Junho frown at Nichkhun action.

“…and Wooyoung still don’t catch a thing. How oblivious can he be?” Junho asks the question more to himself than toward Nichkhun. Nichkhun keeps on smiling.

“Seriously Khun, confess to him…and I mean directly. Not while his sleeping.” Junho said a bit annoyed. Nichkhun told him about what happen between he and Wooyoung and Junho was more than frustrated when he heard it. He can’t understand how the confident Nichkhun can be so timid.

“I will…eventually…” Nichkhun said a bit unsure. Junho scoff at that statement.

“…and that is when you can’t stand seeing me giving speech on my daughter wedding day.” Junho said teasing.

“I won’t take that long Junho...i think…” Nichkhun said with weak voice.

“Seriously this guy…” Junho just surrender. He doesn’t want to say anything else toward Nichkhun. If he keeps talking, he ends making his blood boil. Nichkhun just laugh lightly toward Junho’s comment.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Wooyoung is standing at the balcony of Nichkhun’s house, thinking about his talk earlier with Chansung. He looks toward his house. He looks at the door, the entrance to his room. His and Taecyeon’s shared room. Wooyoung smiles bitterly. He hug chick more tightly. Wooyoung walks and lean forward on the edge. He looks toward the sky.

“Taec…what should I do?” Wooyoung asks to the empty air. He closes his eyes tightly when he remembers their conversation a long time ago.

Flashback…

They had start living together that time. They’re like newlywed. Full with happiness and laughter. Since Taecyeon had finish his study he already start training with his dad and Wooyoung was attending college at that time. Every day after college Taecyeon will come and pick him up. At first Wooyoung was happy but as times goes by, both of them start receiving sharp glare from others. Don’t get him wrong. Wooyoung love Taecyeon pampering him but the glare that he receives when he’s alone scared him. Make him feel insecure. Make him think he’s done something terribly wrong. Wooyoung feels so inferior until he can’t take it anymore that he needs to discuss the matter with Taecyeon.

“Taec…honey, I have something to discuss with you.” Wooyoung said suddenly. They were spending time together in the living room like usual.

“Hurm…What?” Taecyeon said changing his attention toward Wooyoung.

“I feel bad. Everytime you come to pick me at the college people will glare. They will treat me like I’m carrying some type of contagious disease. But I can deal with that. I can leave in solitude, but I can’t stand when they talk bad about you. About how stupid you are or how blind you are to be with me. I hate it when they say how ungrateful of you toward your parent since you stop the chance of them having heir by being in this kind of relationship…but I hate it the most when they say you’re just using me, fooling me so that you’ll get all my family fortune so that you can expand yours. I hate it because I know how wrong they were.” Wooyoung said everything feeling really frustrated. Taecyeon just smile. He scoops Wooyoung closer to him.

“…and how can they be wrong baby?” Taecyeon asks a bit teasing. It’s rare for Wooyoung to be angry. Taecyeon hugs Wooyoung and lean his head on Wooyoung’s shoulder.

“How can you be stupid? You’re one of the best students in our school. You’re not blind. You have slight eyesight problem but you can see perfectly. You’re in perfect condition when you said that you like me. I am also in perfect condition when I said I like you too. How can they say that?” Wooyoung said pouting. Taecyeon laugh a bit. Wooyoung point of view is too unique. Wooyoung glare at Taecyeon. He pinches Taecyeon.

“Ow!!! What was that for?” Taecyeon said while rubbing his sore arm.

“I’m not joking.” Wooyoung said and pout again. Taecyeon smiles widely.

“How about other thing?” Taecyeon asks to divert Wooyoung attention.

“It’s stupid to say that being unable to produce grandchildren for your parents is ungrateful. It’s not just a matter of choice.  Have you seen normal couples that wish they have baby and…poof, the next day the wife got pregnant? What nonsense. If it’s like that then I’ve done it a long time ago.” Taecyeon laugh at Wooyoung statement.

“Then maybe we should try baby, but using a more direct method…if you know what I mean.” Taecyeon whisper the last sentence into Wooyoung’s ear. His hand move lower. Wooyoung hit the hand before it gets too low.

“…and we should try until the world end and nothing will happen. You know that men can’t get pregnant. Don’t act like you don’t know about it.” Wooyoung rolls his eyes toward Taecyeon. Taecyeon laugh again.

“…and what if…I say IF, what if this is the world where a man can get pregnant…what you will do?” Taecyeon asks rather curious.

“…then we’ll have lot of babies seeing how active you were and I’ll be as big as a whale being constantly expanded.” Wooyoung answer coolly. Taecyeon break into another fit of laughter. Seriously, Wooyoung’s logic is hilarious.

“I don’t know you can be this funny Woo. How about the last part? The part which you hate the most?” Taecyeon continue their conversation.

“About you fooling me for my family fortune?” Wooyoung asks again. Taecyeon simply nod.

“About that…well, you don’t have to fool me. If there’s come a time when you needed my help, which you somehow needed whatever fortune our family probably have, I’ll gladly give it to you…because I love you. I really do.” Wooyoung speaks slowly a bit blushing. Taecyeon smile happily. He hugs Wooyoung tightly and kisses Wooyoung’s head.

“Let them say what they want Woo. This is our life. This is our choice. As long as we’re happy, who cares what they think.” Taecyeon speaks calmly. Wooyoung give a soft smile a lean more into Taecyeon’s warmness. It’s weird how Taecyeon simple word can ease him from his worries.

“How can I live without you Taec?” Wooyoung asks suddenly.

“You’ll crash and burns.” Taecyeon jokes. Wooyoung laugh a bit.

“Seriously Woo, if there’s come a time where you need to keep on living and I’m not there to accompany you, find someone that’ll make you feel alive again.” Taecyeon speaks seriously.

“Hope that time won’t come.” Wooyoung answer simply. Taecyeon just smile and nod a bit.

…and the next day when Taecyeon come to pick Wooyoung up, he kiss Wooyoung fully in front of everybody clearly stating where he stand with their relationship and Wooyoung can’t help but feel secretly happy with Taecyeon’s action.

End of flashback…

Wooyoung smiles at the memory. He stares emptily into the distance, breathing in the fresh air of the night. He closes his eyes to feel the night breeze.

“…and does Nichkhun make you feel that you’re alive?” Wooyoung asks into the thin air. He laughs a bit at his own question before he moves back into the house.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

As he enters the living room Wooyoung see Nichkhun at the entrance. Nichkhun turns his head when he hears a sound and he smile widely when he sees Wooyoung at the end of the living room.

“Hi Wooyoung.” He greets happily.

“H…hi…” Wooyoung stutters and blush a bit. He rushes immediately toward the kitchen. Nichkhun looks weirdly at Wooyoung’s action. After he’s done freshen himself up and change into fresh cloth, Nichkhun walks to the kitchen to check on Wooyoung.

“What are you cooking?” Nichkhun asks suddenly. Nichkhun sudden question shock Wooyoung and he practically jumping on his place.

“J…Just wait at the table…’ Wooyoung still stutter and his face have turns completely red. Nichkhun is shock to see Wooyoung flush face and he walks closer toward Wooyoung.

“What happen to you? How can your face be this red? Do you have fever?” Nichkhun asks clearly worried. He wants to touch Wooyoung’s forehead to check Wooyoung’s temperature, but when Wooyoung flinch Nichkhun stop his act.

“You don’t want me to touch you.” Nichkhun said weakly looking clearly hurt.

“N…no…it’s not like that. I’m ok….it’s just…” Wooyoung wants to explain his weird behavior but all of his words start to jumble. Nichkhun watches weirdly at Wooyoung when suddenly he realizes something.

“Do you perhaps hear what I say last night Wooyoung?” Nichkhun asks feeling a bit afraid. Wooyoung lowered his head and nods at Nichkhun question. He’s blushing furiously and Nichkhun loss for words.

..........................................................................................................................................

this chapter is a failure. i'm sorry about it... T-T