Chapter 11

can the pain be cured?

The next day, Nichkhun wake up on the sofa with a stiff neck.

“I shouldn’t sleep here…urghh!” He massages his neck and getting ready for a shower. After he’s completely dress, he pick up his tea and walk toward the balcony. He can see that Wooyoung already standing at the balcony next to his house.

“Wooyoung, you’re early today.” He asks happily. Wooyoung turn toward him and smile. Nichkhun feel weird.

“It’s not his usual smile. “What happen?” He frowns. Wooyoung just standing there staring the streets blankly.

“Is something bothering you?” Nichkhun ask. Wooyoung just shake his head.

“I’m just having tough time sleeping.” Nichkhun can barely hear Wooyoung’s answer.

“If you want to talk about anything I’m all ears.” Wooyoung turn his gaze toward Nichkhun and smile weakly. Then he turns to his original position.

Nichkhun watch Wooyoung in silent. The thing he’s been doing recently. He glances at Wooyoung’s eyes and he feels dreadful suddenly.

“His eyes… somehow it looks...empty...” Nichkhun thought. Wooyoung just keep staring blankly at the street.

“What bothering you Wooyoung?” Nichkhun thought. Somehow Nichkhun feel helpless.

“Wooyoung, i have to go.” Wooyoung break from his thought and watch Nichkhun.

“Ok…take care.” He smiles. Nichkhun leave the balcony with disturb feeling.

Wooyoung watch Nichkhun leave and then he get into his house. He walks toward his bedroom. Shattering piece of glasses can be seen on the floor. Wooyoung bent down to pick the picture lying in between the glasses. Memories of what happen that morning flooded into his mind.

Flashback...

He’s having nightmare about his breakup with Taecyeon…Again...He woke up screaming. He’s sweating heavily. Ever since the breakup, Wooyoung had been experiencing nightmare once in a while or suffering with panic attack.  He saw the picture of them he placed on the side desk. He took the picture and thrown it onto the floor. He’s breathing heavily. Then he got up and went into the shower. Somehow, he ends up standing in the balcony.

End of flashback...

Wooyoung sigh heavily.

“How many times do I have to continue doing this?” He gets up and goes to one of his drawer. He opens it up. The drawer is full with picture frames. He takes one of them and put the picture inside. He had lost count how many times he repeat that action. He places the picture on the cupboard fully aware it won’t stay there for long. Then, he takes the broom and start cleaning the floor.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nichkhun is still thinking about Wooyoung reaction at the balcony when Junho arrive. He waits until Junho has settled down at his seat and he move toward Junho’s table and sit in front of him. Junho’s eyeing him curiously. He look confuse. He scratches his neck.

“Junho...” he started. Junho look directly at him. He is waiting for him to continue.

“Can i ask you something?’ Junho can feel the insecurity in Nichkhun voice.

“Yes. What is it?” Junho show his smile asking Nichkhun to carry on.

 “It’s about Wooyoung.” Junho eyes sparkle. He love when Nichkhun talk about Wooyoung. He became vulnerable and cute, and easy to tease too. He starts to smirk.

“How was your date before?” he asks playfully wriggling his eyebrows.

“D…Da…dates???!!! No! We were just eating ice-cream together.” Nichkhun stutter. His face begins to blush. Junho chuckle silently. He wonders how the cool and calm Nichkhun can turn out like this.

“So, what do you want to ask?” Junho waits for Nichkhun to continue.

“Wooyoung was behaving weirdly this morning. He was staring blankly at the street and he seems so lost.” Nichkhun stop. He gulps.

“I...i feel weird Junho...when I saw him looking like that I felt helpless, I felt disturbed. One more thing, at the time when Wooyoung and i go to eat ice cream together, I don’t know why but when i look at his lips...i...i feel like i want to kiss him...” Nichkhun start playing with his finger, an act he do when he’s extra nervous.

“It’s obvious Khun. I know from the time we undergo Channie’s revenge that you Nichkhun buck Horvejkul had fall in love with Jang Wooyoung.

Nichkhun face turns pale. His eyes widen. What Junho said shock him terribly.

“I…i...I’m…in l…l…loves with Wooyoung?” Nichkhun ask again for confirmation. Junho nods. Upon seeing Junho nods, Nichkhun can feel the rage building inside him.

 “Lee Junho…what are you talking about? Do you even realize that Wooyoung and i are both male?” Nichkhun said angrily. He can’t accept how absurd the idea of him liking another man.

Junho sighs. Nichkhun is clearly in denial. Nichkhun has been straight all this while, so accepting the fact that he like a man may scared the hell out of him. Junho stares deeply into Nichkhun’s eyes.

“If you’re not in love, what is the explanation for the entire thing you feel toward Wooyoung?” Junho ask. Nichkhun shakes his head and speak slowly…

“I don’t know…”