Chapter 9

can the pain be cured?

Nichkhun is pacing back and forth in his living room. He doesn’t know what he should feel. Happy? Nervous? Today is the day Wooyoung invites all of them out. However, Nichkhun receive call from Junho earlier saying he and Chansung can’t go with them. So that leaves him and Wooyoung. Alone… Nichkhun can feel his palm sweating. He woke up 3 hours earlier before the promise time and most of the time he wasted by contemplating what should he wears. Nichkhun can’t understand why thought he felt that way. He wasn’t that nervous during his first date with Victoria. In fact he was confident with himself. But now, Nichkhun can’t help but feel like a school girl waiting for her lovers. Nichkhun watch the clock on his wall again before deciding to go out and wait for Wooyoung in front of Wooyoung’s house. Nichkhun was going to press the doorbell before the door in front of him being opened revealing Wooyoung.

“Owh, Nichkhun…You’re early.” Wooyoung said smiling.

Nichkhun lost for words. He can’t understand how he always think Wooyoung look really adorable without even trying. Wooyoung is just wearing what he usually wears but Nichkhun can’t help but fell in daze when he looks at Wooyoung.

“Nichkhun, can you drive? Earlier Channie call me and said he and Junho won’t be coming with us. I’m not really good at driving.” Wooyoung broke Nichkhun from his daze.

Nichkhun nod enthusiastically. They were moving towards the car when Wooyoung said something that make Nichkhun’s heart skip thousand beats.

“It’s like we’re going out on a date. It is just the two of us after all.” Wooyoung said playfully.

“A date…” Nichkhun mumble. He can feel his cheeks flaming.

“Then you should treat me ice-cream on our first date right?” Wooyoung said teasing. He love seeing the confuse look on Nichkhun’s face.

“Th…then I’ll pay…you can eat anything you want.” Nichkhun stutter.

Wooyoung look at him with shock expression. “You don’t have too. I’m joking.” He said slowly. His cheek has turns pink. He feels a little shy. It seems like his teasing had been misunderstood.

“No, I’ll love too.” Nichkhun said reassuringly. Wooyoung nod in acceptance.

After several minutes driving they arrive at their destination. Wooyoung feel so excited. He remembers what Nichkhun had said to him earlier. “You can eat all the ice-cream you want, I’ll pay” he smiles widely. Nichkhun would regret saying that because he have different stomach specially dedicate for ice-cream. As soon as Nichkhun step out of the car, he grabs Nichkhun’s hand and drags him hastily toward the shop. Nichkhun was utterly shock with Wooyoung action and just follow him obediently. As they enter the shop some of the customer eyes turn toward them. Nichkhun start blushing because Wooyoung still holding his hand.

“Woo…Wooyoung” Nichkhun try to call excited Wooyoung.

Wooyoung turn his head toward Nichkhun. Nichkhun is eyeing their joined hand. Wooyoung look shock.

“I must have done it out of habit.” he thought.

He looks at Nichkhun. Guilt consumes him. He pulls his hand.

“Sorry, I’m getting carried away.” Nichkhun feel kind of lost by their loss of touch.

 He looks at Wooyoung. He looks sad. “You can hold me. However you want...how long you want...i don’t care” Nichkhun scream mentally.

“Wooyoung, why don’t you choose the flavor of the ice-cream so that we can start eating?” Nichkhun said to coax Wooyoung. Wooyoung smile again. Nothing beats ice-cream he thought. Once they ordered their ice-cream they move to their seat. They start eating. Wooyoung eat the ice-cream happily. He feels like he can forget everything while eating ice-cream. He eats so fast that his mouth is now full with cream.

“Do you like eating ice-cream that much.” Nichkhun ask amaze.

 “How can this boy be so messy and cute at the same time?” he thought.

“I like cakes too.” Wooyoung said happily. He continues to eat the ice-cream like there’s no tomorrow. Nichkhun just watch Wooyoung silently from his seat. He watch Wooyoung facial feature one by one until he stop at Wooyoung’s lip. He watches as those lips attacking the spoon hungrily. He feels the sudden urge to kiss those pink plum cream covered filled lips. Nichkhun shake his head wildly to get rid of the thought.

“What happen to you?” Wooyoung voice shocks him. He looks at Wooyoung. He had finished all of the ice-cream and had clean himself.

“Is something bothering you?” Wooyoung ask again. Nichkhun just smile.

“I just remember something weird, that’s all.” He explains.

“It’s the weird feeling I keep feeling when I’m with you.” he thought to himself.

After Nichkhun settle the payment, they go to their respective home together.