Step Ten

10 Steps To Hear: You're My Girlfriend ♥
ten.
_______________________________________________________________________________

I left the venue of the show, and put my hands in front of my eyes because of the clarity. When I left home, the weather was cloudy but now the sun was a little stubborn in appearing through the clouds. At least the weather is pleased. I crossed my arms and started walking to my house alone. Probably would take half an hour or more to get home but I wanted to unwind a little. The steps are finished; the next will be the last. I lifted my face a little to see the sun, and again it was trying to appear through the clouds. Should I do like the sun? Should I say it bluntly to Himchan, that I want him to tell me that I'm his girlfriend? I guess if I say so, he will run away or make up an excuse or whatever.

I kept walking until I spot a small shop that sold books, crosswords and some games. Well, maybe I should buy a book of crosswords to not think too much about my surroundings. I crossed the street and opened the shop door quietly. My nose caught the scent of roses coming from inside the shop and it comforted me. I love the smell of roses. The bell over the door rang as I opened the door completely and an elderly woman appeared in front of me.

"Can I help you miss?" She said smiling and making dimples on both sides of the cheeks. I smiled slightly and looked around me. The shop was deserted. I looked back to the elderly woman.

"I wanted to buy a book of crosswords, please." I asked politely, and the lady nodded. She walked up to the counter and I followed her. It was a pity that the shop is deserted. Surely it not had much publicity. The lady crouched down a bit and took out from behind the counter what I had requested.

"Here you go, miss." She handed me the book and I opened the bag to get my wallet to pay. I handed the money to the lady and she lowered her head slightly in gratitude.

“Thank you.” I thanked her and grabbed the book. I walked to the door and opened it.

“Good luck.” The lady wished me and I smiled. I shut the door behind me and sighed. As much as I try not to think about what had happened minutes ago, my mind always reminded me that, even for a second. I started walking again, and I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I stopped and picked up the phone. Who would be now? I'm not to put up with anyone. My mood isn't very good. I wasn't surprised when I saw that I had received a message from Himchan. He said we'd finish the conversation later right? I tapped lightly with my foot on the floor and opened the message.

 

Himchan: 'I'm at your house. Where are you?'

 

Oh, it seems we'd end the conversation sooner than I thought. Would I have the courage to end the conversation? I mean, I don't need to have the courage to say anything because who will talk, it will be him. It's he who has to say that I'm his girlfriend or maybe he will never say it. My fear is that. Never hear that I'm his girlfriend. I don't know what to think. My heart tightens up, just thinking about the 'what if', that my mind constantly asks. I straightened my bangs and replied to the message.

 

Me: 'I'm coming. See you soon.'

 

I replied to the message quickly and looked at my front. I no longer had to walk a lot, but even so, it would take about 10 to 15 minutes. I looked at the screen of my phone and instantly opened my mail. I think I'm getting used to read this thing of the steps. I clicked on the message of the tenth step. This would be the final step. There wouldn't be more steps to read. What will I do? I bit my lower lip and read the step.

 

'Tenth step: Ask him what you are to him.'

 

Is that it? I just have to ask, what am I to him? But this is a so vast question. He can say several things. Oh God, now I'm even more insecure about this. Ah, little shrines help me please. I asked internally, joining my hands and with eyes closed. Help me. I asked a second time.

“______?” I heard a deep voice saying my name and I opened my eyes. "What are you doing?" I looked up and saw that the person was Himchan. He had his arms crossed and one raised eyebrow. I coughed and straightened my hair.

“Nothing.” I answered hastily and then I remembered something. "Hey, you weren't in my house?" I asked with a hand on my waist, and I pointed my index finger of my other hand to him.

"I was, but you were taking so long that I had to come looking for you." He approached me and grabbed my hand. "Imagine that someone wanted to hurt you? Or if a guy was flirting with you?" He asked and joined our fingers.

"You just think about that?" I asked, shaking my head and he squeezed my fingers.

"What's wrong thinking and worrying about my loved one?" He asked and I almost choked on my own saliva. Ok, for that I wasn't counting. All though he already told me he loved me but every time he said it, he catches me off guard and I don't like being caught off guard. "Come on, let's go." He patted my head. "I'm hungry." He pulled my arm and we started walking. I didn't stop him. When he gets hungry is better not talk to him because he turns grumpy. Well they say that men are less grumpy when they have a full stomach. Himchan started humming a song from the new album of BAP and only stopped when we reached the entrance of my house. “Ppalli, ppalli.” He said over and over again as he rubbed his belly. I was already getting nervous to hear him always saying the same thing.

“Go.” I finally said as I opened the door. He walked past me like a rocket and literally ran to my kitchen, attacking the poor fridge. "Yah, Himchan, if you mess up whatever it is, you'll clean up." I said resting up the keys on top of the white mobile and took of my bag, the book of the crosswords. Well, now that Himchan is busy eating, I have to entertain myself with something. Slowly, I walked over to the couch and sat down. I grabbed a pen and open the book. This type of game is good to the brain. I had already done two pages when I felt the other side of the couch sinking. I haven't looked away from the book because I knew exactly who it was.

"What... What are you doing?" I heard Himchan asking while eating. The luck is that I realized what he asked. I took my eyes of the book, and looked at Himchan. He was with his mouth full, and a huge sandwich was in his hands. He had mixed butter with tomato and lettuce. I would never ever be able to eat such a thing. "What... What are you doing?" He asked again with his mouth full.

"Yah Himchan, eat first and talk later." I protested hitting with the book, on his head slightly and I saw him roll his eyes. He chewed a few times and then grinned at me. Ok, he's weird once in a while, I have to recognize that. "Now, that you aren't with your mouth full, we can talk." I talked to him as if he were a child of 3 years. "As you can see, I'm doing a crossword puzzle." I opened the book explaining what I was doing.

"I know that." He said, and led to the mouth, the last piece of the sandwich. I joined my eyebrows because of his response.

"So why do you ask?" I asked and he shrugged. Ok, better forget it. This doesn't lead anywhere. I grabbed a pen and wrote on the book the word 'step' and that reminded me of the tenth step. I lifted my face and looked at him. "Hey, Himchan, I have a question to ask." I said and he leaned back on the couch and rubbed his belly.

“Ask.” He said softly and closed his eyes. I sighed inaudibly and squeezed the pen I had in my hands.

"What am I to you?" I asked quietly and prepared my ears to listen carefully to what he would say. He opened his eyes and turned his head to face me.

"You are my, everything." He responded with a deep voice causing me chills.

"That's it?" I asked and put my arms over my knees.

“Yes.” He nodded. "The word 'everything' defines perfectly what you are to me." He replied and stood up from the couch. "I'll drink water." He said and walked to the kitchen. I looked at my feet feeling a little sad. What was I waiting for? Himchan will always be the Himchan I knew. Well, looks like this thing of the steps, didn't work. Youngjae's girlfriend will feel disappointed, but who's more disappointed it’s me, knowing that I wasn't able to complete the ten steps. With a sigh I grabbed the book of the crosswords and squeezed even more the pen. I'm sure that if I squeeze more the pen, it would break. I started doing the crossword but wasn't able to make one.

"Himchan, can you tell me a word that starts with G and has ten letters?" I asked a little high for him to hear. A few seconds passed and he answered from the kitchen.

“Girlfriend.” He almost shouted the word. My eyes widened, my heart skipped a beat, and I stopped doing what I was doing and dropped the pen when I heard the word he had said. Did I hear right? Or am I imagining things? I heard some footsteps, and the pen that I had dropped seconds before appeared in front of my face. "How you want to write if you don't have a pen?" Himchan asked in a playful tone and I opened my mouth slightly. "Yah ______, write the word girlfriend here." He pointed to the book of the crosswords and I blinked my eyes a few times. No, I wasn't imagining things. He said the word girlfriend. Oh my God.

“Him.. Himchan..” I swallowed hard and couldn't say anything more. I wasn't even in myself. Finally he said.

“Oh, wait.” He sat down beside me and took his phone. "Maybe you don't know the meaning of the word girlfriend. I'll tell you." He said with a big smile. I'm sure he was enjoying all this and I just looked at him like an idiot. "Ah, here it is. Girlfriend is the one who listens when you talk, that holds you when you're cold, that snuggles you when you cry, and smile when you are happy." He said the words in a sweet way, and I couldn't take my eyes off him. "Got it?" He asked, turning to face me.

"Himchan.. You.. You didn't have fear to say this.. This word?" I asked, my voice a little ragged, such was my admiration.

"I was scared before but I know I shouldn't be afraid of that word." He approached me and hugged my shoulders. "Because this word is the most beautiful that there is, when it’s designated for a person we love and for our soul mate." He kissed my cheek tenderly and a huge smile began to appear on my lips.

"So will you tell me what I am to you? And don't say the word 'everything'." I looked serious at him and he laughed.

“You..” He kissed my forehead. “Are..” He kissed my nose. “My..” He kissed my cheek. “Girlfriend.” He whispered the last word and kissed my lips. "You are the one I love. You are my girlfriend, my beautiful girlfriend." He said between the kiss and I couldn't stop giving a laugh. He said. He finally said.

 

Tenth step,

Conclusion: The 10 Steps, gave result. I’m Himchan’s girlfriend, and he? Well, he's my boyfriend, my dear and goofy boyfriend.

 

You are my girlfriend.

You are my boyfriend.

_______________________________________________________________________________
                                AUTHOR'S NOTES 

Finished. So, I want to thank you guys for the comments, votes and support.. Love you guys so much -bows-

Next Fic: