2: Birthday

Melting

He has his phone against his ear. I have his spoon against my lips. We were pretty much having a staring contest. Both of us were still for a complete minute. Both were shocked by each other's actions. I, myself, is shocked that he turned around at the same time I tasted his own ice cream. He is shocked by the fact that I had the guts to even approach and eat his dessert.

Slowly, his gaze went back and forth from the spoon and my lips to my eyes. He did this for about three times, then he blinked. "Yah," he finally blurted seriously with his eyes wife open, while putting his phone down. Surprisingly, he didn't yell or punch me in the face. His tone was serious and confronting. "Yah. You. What... are... you... doing?" he asked slowly, his eyes still staring at mine. It's like his eyes are making me stay and explain everything. "I WANTED ICE CREAM, OKAY! DO YOU KNOW HOW HOT IT IS?! DO YOU?! DO YOUUU?!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I didn't mean to, and I never intended to show him my angry side, but he's acting like a police and looking at me like I just killed someone! Aish. Am I a criminal?! I am innocent until proven guilty! I have my rights! Freedom of speech!"

He was silent for a few seconds. But then, "ARE YOU CRAZY?! WHAT KIND OF A GIRL SNEAKS UP BEHIND SOMEONE TO EAT ICE CREAM?! I CE CREAM! We're talking about ice cream! I would totally understand if you needed money or clothes, BUT ICE CREAM?!" he shouted. "SAYS THE GUY WHO'S WEARING A SUIT AND TIE UNDER 28 DEGREES CELSIUS!!! YOU... sir..." I shouted back, pushing his shoulder. "...ARE THE CRAZY ONE HERE!" I glared at him. "AIIIISSHHH!!" he flicked my forehead. "SUMMER, WINTER, FALL, OR SPRING! WATCH ME STRUT IN MY SUIT AT ANY SEASON!" he smirked, showing off his tie by fixing it and comes closer to me. He groomed himself, wiping his shoulders, and fixing his facial expression to a forced calm one. He stepped closer, leaning his lips near my ear. "Walk away. Act as if nothing happened between us. You know yourself that this argument is ridiculous." he whispered with a low, soft voice. "You are seriously the world's most ridiculous man." I whispered back in a somewhat angry manner. "Those words of yours will change once you get to know me... or even fall in love with me." he whispered. It sounded more like a trap, than a reminder that he's a nice guy.

"We should never fall in love. Because anything that falls, breaks."

"Seunghyun. Choi Seunghyun. What's your name? Let's be friends, eh? Then, maybe slowly and surely, you'll melt into my arms. Just like how that ice cream melted in your mouth." he smirked, completely ignoring what I just said.

"Weird man. Not long ago, you kept shouting. Now you're Mr. I'll-calm-down-and-make-a-girl-fall-for-me. And, no. I'll NEVER MELT in your arms. I'm an independent woman."

"Correction: An independent woman who could barely buy her own ice cream. I've changed my mind. Come on, ice-cream-loving-ahjumma. Have a drink with me. Don't walk away. Walk with me. I'm crazy. You're crazy. We're both crazy. So, what do you think?" he said teasingly, smiling.

"For your information, just because I'm an American and you're in the U.S. right now does not mean I don't understand Korean. I am not an ahjumma. Silly fool." I turned my back on him in an attempt to leave.

He held my wrist to stop me. I turned around and his expression turned from being arrogant and mad to a sincere and caring facial expression. He just grinned pitifully. "It was my birthday a few weeks ago. I asked my friends to get me ice cream cake for my birthday." he said, smiling to himself as he remembers that moment. He glanced at his cup of ice cream. "That was my treat for myself. Now that I think of it, I look lonely. It will be a pleasure to meet and eat ice cream with someone you can laugh and tease." He grinned once again, looking at me.

A grin that might make me start melting.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: This was a little rushed. Sorry about that. Please comment of what you think about it! Help me improve my writing skills. Also, I purposely wrote this as a two part kind of story. If you all want a part 3, I'll do my best to come up with something! Thanks, everyone!