1: Melting

Melting

28 degrees Celsius. Can the weather get any worse?! I'm freaking out. Even my eyebrows are crying for something cold. My fingers are pretty much being magnetized to the direction of where Santa lives. My pinky finger is all like, "Nooo, go to South Pole. That's where Mrs. Clause lives and the little elves!" My thumb butts in, "No, stupid. Santa, his wife, and the elves live in the North Pole." My middle finger raises up, "Fools! Either way, we can't go to either poles because we're stuck here in the US and its damn hot summer season!" Yes, you just witnessed my fingers arguing. The weather is so hot, I even imagine my fingers have brains. Don't judge.

"Omma! Ice cream~!" A young boy and his mother walked by; he was pointing at a Korean ice cream store. He continually tugged his mom's shirt for her to notice him. I turned around and saw the store. My sweat is dripping like a pig. This is my chance to refresh myself. Thank you, angels from the heaven above! Kamsamnida, dongsaeng and his omma! Thank youuuu!

With big, happy steps I entered the store. My jaw dropped when I saw the menu above the cashier's head. Strawberry, Banana Split, Vanilla, Chocolate... my life is complete. This is paradise. This is love. Ice cream is love. "Ma'am?", a voice rang into my ear. "Excuse me?", I asked. Okay, I was confused. It turns out to be the cashier. "I asked what you wanted to order.", she smiled sweetly. I didn't realize I've been standing in front of the counter for five minutes. "Oh!" I laughed. OH EHM GEE. How embarrassing. "I'd like a large strawberry flavored ice cream please." I said, but it sounded more like I was begging on my knees. "For sure!" she said, smiling. "Ma'am, that'll be $5.57," she said after punching in a few buttons on the machine. As I reached for my pockets, I realized... I did not have my wallet with me. FUUUUU-- I began sweating again. I can't. I caaaaan't! "I'm sorry, but I don't have any money right now. I-I can get it later! Can you give me the ice cream for free? Then I'll pay when I get back?" I was pretty much begging this time. "My apologies, but I can't do that.", the cashier apologized sincerely. "But... uh... but... STOP SMILING AND GIVE ME A DAMN LARGE ICE CREAM!" I snapped.

I was pretty much thrown outside by the manager after that. Feeling the cement on my , this... this is not paradise. I sighed exhaustedly. I walked around and I witnessed tables and chairs that are part of the ice cream store. I'm guessing it's an area where people could eat their food outside, or if they just want to smoke. I saw a good-looking man. About 26 years of age. He was talking on the phone while his ice cream is on the table, barely touched. I decided to walk at his direction. He was looking somewhere else, thank god. What am I doing? Have you seen a girl BEG for ice cream? Have you seen someone DESPERATE for ice cream? NO! But, that's me... just for today. Again, don't judge me! Geez. Anyway, I was crouching near his table. I grabbed the spoon oh-so-carefully and had myself a spoon full of what it seems to be a banana ice cream. I put it into my mouth, and I moaned. It was so delicious, I moaned... LOUDLY. He turned his head to me, still holding his phone. And me... still holding his spoon.