5: Call Me

Melting
 
 

"Do you know how I would answer the changing-your-past question today?" 

"... How?"

"I would say I regret not meeting you earlier in my life."

He smiled. Not just your typical smile, but the one that looks like you've fallen in love. 

"So, tell me..." I said, leaning in closer. "Who poisoned your ice cream? HUH?! Who spiked it? Who would even want vodka spiked ice cream? Is that the trend now? Using ice cream as a chaser??" I confronted him.

TOP laughed hysterically, "I'm not drunk! Just amazed to have met you, that's all!" 

"Oh," I said, realizing how I kind of over reacted. Geez, I gotta get it together. "It's just that I've never spent a day with a complete stranger and suddenly become close. I feel like I'm in a fast-forwarded Disney show. Like when they showed how Carly and Sam became best friends on iCarly. Classic. Never forget."

He raised his eyebrow while sitting up. His laugh slowly faded away, but his smile stayed. "iCarly," he chuckled softly. "Funny, because you know what..." he said, as he body checked me, "You're like Sam. Quite the aggressive type." He laughed.

"Rude!" I hit his arm playfully. "But true." I laughed along. 

The sky became even darker. Crickets have made their sounds. By then, TOP insisted to drive me home though I lived fairly close to the beach. He stopped the car right in front of my apartment doors. 

"This is it," I said, pointing to the apartment building. "This was... quite an experience."

"Well, thanks for keeping me company." TOP said with sincerity.

"Yeah," I smiled. "Any time. Good night." I said, as I looked at my phone. It's 2AM already. "Or, good morning!" I chuckled softly. As I was getting out of the car, TOP grabbed my shoulder, stopping me from moving. 

"Here's my number," he said while handing me a card. "Let's keep in touch." 

"Will do," I said. My eyes started closing. More like twitching. It was opening and closing. My gosh, I probably looked like a sleep deprived zombie to TOP. "I better catch my Z's" I smiled and waved goodbye. 

And there he went. 

And I instantly fell asleep the moment I lied on my bed. 

-- The Next Day -- 

"Hey," a low, cool voice vibrated in my room. "Wake up, cutie pie."

I moaned, and struggled to open my eyes. "Mmm?" 

"Wake up~"

I managed to open my eyes though my vision was still somewhat blurry. I looked at the clock. 8:15AM. Hmm, not bad for staying up late last night.

"Hello~"

I turned my head. 

My jaw dropped.

Is this Cloud 9?

"It's your brother from another mother!" he said excitedly. "It's your best friend? Hello? Wake up!" 

My eyes widened. "Am I dreaming? Is this--"

"It's Seungri! Cmon! I wasn't gone for that long!" he laughed. "Bring it in," he said, opening his arms for a hug. "Give me that sweet loving." He hugged me tightly.

"Seungri!!! I missed you so much!" I hugged him back. "Wait, how did you get in my apartment?" 

He laughed. "I have my ways."

I glared. "You're not that smart to 'have your ways'. Like what, are you trying to be a spy?"

"Ok, ok. I may or may not have bribed the cleaning lady of the building with cookies," he said. "I may or may not have learned through a confidential informant that she specifically likes it with macadamia nuts."  

"Aw that's the Seungri I know! You're still crazy! You know how to get through the ladies," I laughed.

"Blame my charming looks." He winked.

I cringed. (Loljk)

"So what's up? I thought you won't be in town til the next few months?" I asked as I stood to fix up my bed.

"Yeah I know. But a company gave me a better deal here. A better job. The CEO's one of the top bosses around and a great leader. So then I was like I might as well go back home!" 

"Are you serious? Oh, I'm so happy for you! When do you start?"

"In a couple of days. I gotta get myself sorted out first. They gave me a condo and everything. You should come visit," he said. 

"Yeah! Of course!" I said. Seungri started folding up my blanket. 

"So... what about you? Anything new? There must be something," he smirked. 

"Pfft. Not much. Same old, same old."

He rolled his eyes. "Boring! Oh cmon, there must be something."

"Ugh. Well, I met this guy--"

And by that time I told Seungri about the whole ice cream situation. Come to think of it, saying 'ice cream situation' has a little bit of an undertone. That's one embarrassing story that will never happen again.

Seungri looked at me with eyes wide as can be. "And you say I'M crazy?" He laughed. "That's one hell of an embarrassing and I hope I don't hear it again."

I smiled, shaking my head.

"Yo, there was like tension between you two, right? Did this 'TOP' guy leave his number? A gentleman's gotta leave his number," he looked around my room. 

"Oh! I remember he left his card. He said that we should 'keep in touch'. I didn't get to look at it though 'cause I was too tired," I said, looking through my bag for the card. "Ah, here it is."

 

Choi Industries

Business and Management

Choi Seunghyun, CEO

Office: (321) 654-9876

CEO: (321) 654-9898

 

Seungri came closer and looked at the card.

 

"...That's my new boss."

 

Well...

 

Seungri did mention he's one of the top bosses.

 

... TOP boss.

 

 

------

 

Author's Note: I wrote this chapter in AN HOUR AND IM SOMEWHAT IMPRESSED OF MYSELF LMAO. Sorry it took a year to continue. I just never came to having desire of writing until I saw new comments I've never seen before and theyre from 2015 hahaha.

 

Please don't call the numbers. I made them up. If they happen to be real well , that'/ hilarious. Lol

 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter anyway! If you loved it, tell your friends about it! Spread the love!

 

Comment, review my writing skills please! Subscribe if you want more!